ɹǝpuod oʇ ʇuıod ɐ

¿ʇı ʇ,usǝop ‘ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʍǝu ɐ uı sbuıɥʇ sʇnd ʇɐɥʇ ¿dn ǝpıs ʇɥbıɹ sǝop ʇı sɐ uʍop ǝpısdn ןɐɯɹou sɐ ʇıq ʎɹǝʌǝ sʞooן ɥʇoןs ɐ ɟo ǝɔɐɟ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʇ pǝɔıʇou ɹǝʌǝ noʎ ǝʌɐɥ

bɹo˙ʇxǝʇdıןɟ ʎɹʇ ‘unɟ uʍop-ǝpısdn ɹoɟ) ˙ǝʌoן uı sןǝǝɥ ɹǝʌo pɐǝɥ ǝq ʇsnɯ oɥʍ ‘ʎqqɐ puɐ uıʌǝʞ ʎq uooɯʎǝuoɥ ɐɔıɹ ɐʇsoɔ ɹıǝɥʇ uo uǝʞɐʇ

Comments

1. ¡uʍop ǝpıs dn uʍoɹɟ ʇɐɥʇ uɹnʇ ʇsnɾ

2. Cute no matter which side is up.
    Costa Rica honeymoon? Based on the angle of the writing and photo it might have been the honeymoon on the Costa Concordia.

3. Blue Footed Booby says:

˙ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn oʇ pǝʇɐɔıpǝp sǝbɐd ǝpoɔ sɐɥ ǝpoɔıun ʎɥʍ ɹɐǝɥ oʇ pǝʇsǝɹǝʇuı ǝq p,ı

˙˙˙pɐǝɹ oʇ ʇןnɔıɟɟıp ɟo puıʞ sı sıɥʇ

4. Wait, this is too much for a Monday morning. I already have to think and move at the same time, now I have to READ upside down…….
    This guy is a cutie though, so I’ll struggle through it.
    Happy Monday!!!!!??????

5. ARGH!!!!

6. ouch, my brain!

7. Blue Footed Booby says:

Seriously, I’d lovvve to have been a fly on the wall of the meetings where the people who laid down the various unicode standards decided to do with all the leftover code points after they’d mapped out the codes for every character in every alphabet of every language known to mankind. Seriously, there are character codes for ancient Phoenician, Viking runes, and multiple variations of Cuneiform (if you have a font installed on your computer that can render ‘𒀀’ as anything other than a weird box then you are a nerd). Then there’s all the special symbols like “⚢” yet there’s still space for upside down letters.

8. Blue Footed Booby says:

Also, sloth.

9. Fird Birfle says:

10. Fird Birfle says:

Here ya go, tracylee !!!

11. NotSoHandsome says:

Damn… I got sooo jealous…

12. What’s the cuneiform font, please? I teach world history at the college level, and my students would love to know about this. We just did Mesopotamia and cuneiform.

13. Monday morning and we get a brain twister mind melter thinging magigigigie.

Yea for a Monday cute challenge.

Turns monitor right side up and mops up coffee spilled on desk. I need a doughnut.

14. Blue Footed Booby says:

That’s the thing. There are character codes built into most (all?) of the unicode character encoding standards, meaning there are ways to represent the characters in the ones and zeros behind webpages, text files, etc, but I can’t seem to find an actual *font* that has those characters defined as anything other than one of those placeholder boxes. They have to exist, since the whole point is giving a way for archaeologists and linguists to write about ancient texts without resorting to embedded images. I’d resume my search for them if I weren’t at work.

Sorry if I got your hopes up. :C

15. Standing on my head trying to read upside down message.
    Blood rushing to my head….. vision getting dark….

16. Ok, what does it say about me if I could read that with very little trouble?

17. Oh, and qte sloth!

18. oh no! a charging sloth!

finish your lunch, write your grandmother a postcard, and then RUN!

19. these guys don’t gots what you want?

20. ( : !tsop siht evoL

21. oh no! *runs to find a pillow for Gigi to fall on*

22. That you have special powers ceejoe. Be afraid…very afraid :)

This made my Monday. Thanks CO! :)

23. Spys can do this. You’ve blown your cover!

24. Me too, ceejoe. And I didn’t have coffee yet at the time I read it. Are you left-handed and whole-brained too?

25. HAW!

26. ¡dɐɹɔ ʎןoɥ

27. Why is it that I KNEW that NTMTOM was the poster behind this! BTW, how’s the coffee table book coming? And this is adorbs slothyness! :)

28. lol, actually I’m an accountant!

29. Blue Footed Booby says:

Well it’s been a while since I looked. :V

That seems to do it, thanks!

30. If my boss sees what I’m doing to be able to read this, I’m gonna get a funny look. Is there a Ministry of Funny Looks btw?

31. eeeeeeeeeeuqs. oh wait, that’s just backward.

32. Lefties RULE!! (not sure how to do it upside down on my phone, otherwise…..)

33. There should be.

34. Same here; no real trouble reading upside down. I’m very right handed/right side oriented, but I don’t know if that means much in this situation. :-)

35. Fird Birfle says:

*is entirely befuddled by this whole bit, but impressed with everypeeps’ knowledge on thee topique …*

Signed,
    Dizzeee

36. The Original Jane says:

Why are the t’s lower than they should be? (and yes, I can tell that even upside down)

37. Me too. While they are discussing computer codes, ancient civilizations and languages thereof, I am staring at the adorable sloth and gently drooling with I WANTedness.

38. Holds smelling salts under Gigi’s nose for waking up with a snort help.

39. I believe Mony Python had that covered.

40. bookmonstercats says:

I’m a lawyer and I had no problem, either, ceejoe. In fact, one of the pre-requisites for being an accountant or a lawyer IS to be able to read upside down. I’m predominantly right-handed, but I can do lots of things with my left.

“Whole-brained”? Who knows?? ;)

41. bookmonstercats says:

¿ʇuɐʍ ןɐb ɐ pןnoɔ ǝɹoɯ ʇɐɥʍ

˙ʞɔǝu ʎɯ ʞɔıɹɔ puɐ puıɯ ʎɯ ʍoןq ‘pןɹoʍ ʎɯ ʞɔoɹ oʇ ǝnuıʇuoɔ noʎ ‘ɯoʇɯou