Dateline: Kigali, Rwanda- Magilla Glub Glub, Vol. I

That’s the kitteh’s real name, believe it or not! Let’s get the lowdown from Submitter Nathan G.:

“We live in Kigali, Rwanda and he is a stray, a local vet found him as a few week old kitten and gave him to us. He was very tiny when we got him and he had to be fed from a syringe, but he’s on to solid food now and has porked up nicely. We really like his bug eyes and when his tongue hangs out.”

Well put. You cannot beat The Glubster’s Bonus Tongue Action!

Comments

1. I love the couch-flop action in the last photo! I am officially killed ded.

2. “What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” or be as qte.

3. I need a tongue-hance! Where’s the tongue-hance?

4. Martha in Washington says:

What a beauty! With such expressive eyes! You are a very lucky man, Nathan G.!

5. Martha in Washington says:

Tongue-hance! Tongue-hance! (Everybody say it with us!)

6. *frantically makes poster* TONGUE-HANCE!!!1!!! TONGUE-HANCE!!!1!!

7. Gorgeous and adorable!!

8. I’m lucky not to go to a vet like that. I mean, how do you say ‘no’ to a vet, when they hand you a leetle anipal bebeh? I’d be drowning in kittens and puppehs and whatnot!
    … oh, wait…
    *packs her bags and moves to Kigali, Rwanda*

9. Ooh, the mod lounge! I’ll just have a cup of tea while waiting. And maybe a cookie.
    Or two.

10. He is adorable. Great name.

11. I love his paws omg.

12. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

I’ll have some bagels delivered. You’ll get out soon. Did they finally fix the big screen TV?

13. Do with your tongue: TH! TH! TH!

14. snoopysnake says:

What is the mod lounge anyway? What are you doing that puts you in there?

15. I think Magilla is channeling Audre Hepburn. Such a classical study in kittens.

Could this be the first of fifty shades of gray?

16. Pulls out a tray of finger sandwiches and cream cakes.

17. Fird Birfle says:

me too.
    [Also relevant: the fuzzeh FLOOF]. Move over, Meaghan!!!

*clunk*

18. Fird Birfle says:

*helps victoreia with the posters*

Tongue-hance!! Tongue-hance!!

19. Fird Birfle says:

The phrase itself is an abbreviated version of the Moderation Lounge, however the name on the sign on the wall is actually (ask Theresa about this part, I’m not sure if I was around for this discussion?) The Snickering Lounge.

There are many historical, hysterical theories put forth as to the path to the Lounge.
    The most-basic elements will suffice for the moment. In the Magical Cute Overload offices (or somewhere else perhaps?) lies a Big-Brother-ish machine sometimes referred to as the Big Green Moderation Machine. There are …. *things* … of which the BGMM….”is not fond” … Some of these things include regular words of the English language, correctly spelled (three of those include the correct spellings of “ded” and “puppeh”; as well as the name of the guy who released the song “King of the Road” in the 1950s/1960’s — I’m too sleppy just now to take the time to look him up).

OTHER offenses to the BGMM are kinda MC Escher-ish and inscrutable.

Sometimes one’s comment is eventually released from the Moderation / Snickering Lounge …..but not always (ominous, spooky music here) ….

One thing’s fer shur. IT DOES mess with a gal’s Comic Timing.

The End.

For Now.

20. Fird Birfle says:

PS: another thing the BGMM does, is to disable the “where I want this comment to land”. I DID click on “reply” to Snoopysnake, but this did NOT land there.

*aggrieved sigh*

21. And lets not forget the correct spelling of a certain green vegetable that you make pickles from.

22. Ah yes! The un-pickled pickle pickle…

23. The Original Jane says:

Yup – add me to the list.

24. Fascinating!

I believe Magilla just dropped in to STRIKE US DED with teh qte!!!

25. well, seriously, folks, what other name could he possibly be called? *adjusts glasses* he is clearly a Magilla Glub Glub. i mean, let’s be realistic. it’s the first name that comes to mind when looking at that adorable face.

let’s start a Magilla Glub Glub Club! (MGGC)

26. The third pic is truly a newly found James McNeill Whistler painting: Harmony in Pink and Gray, Magilla, Lord Meowx

27. phred's mom says:

Move over, Maru.

28. warrior rabbit says:

Wait, it doesn’t like Roger Miller? Who doesn’t like Roger Miller?!

29. warrior rabbit says:

Wow, you’re right. It doesn’t like Roger Miller. I understand the Gurken, but have never really understood the baby dogs (unless in the context of sweaters), and now the musician… I don’t get that at all.

30. I second that :D AWW :D What a cutie :D

31. Magilla Glub Glub is so cute, that he can call himself by this name or any other (decent) name of his choice……..;
    ( Hmmm….. ov coarse it would be decent; he’s too much of a bebbeh to know any offensive names that would nawt be acceptible here…… !!) :roll:

32. Brilliant! Just breathtakingly clever!

33. And irresistible floof!

34. :p

By the way, the name reminds me of Magilla Gorilla, but she’s so much cuter.

35. Thank you! (curtseys)

36. Sounds like he was named by a 4 year old. Or a family with a few tiny people. But my name for him is just plain ADORABLE

37. Fird Birfle says:

also a breathtakingly brilliant curtsey, Dash!!! :)

38. Fird Birfle says:

oh YAY for hyoomins who Moderate the BGMM and re-locate things, where “they” were trying to go,in the first place YAY & thx CO peeps!!

39. Tongue-hance!! Tongue-hance!!
    Tongue-hance!! Tongue-hance!!
    Tongue-hance!! Tongue-hance!!

40. TINEETABBEETUNG

41. Fird Birfle says:

TA-DAAAAAA!!!!!

42. fleurdamour says:

Mewgilla Purrilla

43. Love the expression “…and has porked up nicely.” :D

44. Thanks for all the great comments. My wife is so happy to see Magilla on Cute Overload and the kitten is handling his new-found celebrity with an appropriate level of modesty. He’s very photogenic, so we’ll send more photos in the future.

45. *marching around CO headquarters with large bullhorn*
    Tongue-HANCE Tongue-HANCE Tongue-HANCE!

46. Fird Birfle says:

YAY Magilla, Nathan and Mrs. Nathan !!!

47. What do we want?
    TONGUE-HANCE!!!
    When do we want it?
    …Y’know, like, as soon as is conveniently possible, please.

48. The appropriate level of modesty for a cat is none whatsoever, isn’t it? I mean, he is CAT after all! (And a downright adorable one at that!)

49. Also, it does not like the words for a male chicken (c*ck) and a feeling of embarrassment (sh*me). Oh, and ph0t0sh0p.

50. Me too!