Kitty the ResQter

Just looking at me, you would think I’m an adorable kitten.

And it’s true, I am.

But, I’m more than cute, I’m a surrogate mother to squirrels.

When they are very tiny, they don’t try to run away, so you can cuddle them all you like, even when you get distracted by a strange noise or flicker of light.

One day, my little friend will be big and frolic in the trees. He won’t have the time to let me groom him. I’m making the most of it right now.

This takes ResQte to a WHOLE NOTHER LEVEL, Star Foxy!

Comments

1. Mary (the first) says:

Aww this is giving me a little lumpy throat. *sigh*

2. SlaveToCat says:

Awww NUTS…. I feel a cute attack coming on…..thud.

3. O to the M to the G!

4. The cute resqte’ing the cute! The layers of the Cuteoverloadedness®™ never cease!

5. Kittens and squirrels living together! Mass Hysteria!

6. RoadRunner says:

I think my heart jus’ asploded.

Yup.

7. Pass the insulin this is just to sweet!

8. Thank you for this…simply amazing and beautiful!

9. Simply adorable story and photos! That kitten has a particularly adorable nose.

10. I like how the squirrel is hiding under the paw of the kitty in the first picture, but you wouldn’t know it u pntil after your first sweep through the pictures, then, during your second look, boom.

11. Dying to know how this friendship came to be. Beautiful.

12. I’m
    M
    e
    l
    t
    i
    n
    g
    !

13. Is the kitteh bathing the skwerl? Or basting him? :shock:

14. SlaveToCat says:

The next step on the evolutionary ladder. Cats begin to raise squirrels and train dogs to herd them.

15. SlaveToCat says:

But, honestly, I think this is love not lunch. Crosses Fingers.

16. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

LOL, that’s the second reference to that scene in “Ghostbusters” that I’ve read in the last five minutes, on different sites.

17. I was wondering if anyone would get the reference. Ghostbusters is old enough that they are showing it on American Movie Classics now. Man, I feel old.

18. Veggie mom says:

Yes. It’s true. “Ghostbusters” is a classic.

19. I saw it here http://cheezburger.com/6506201856
    The squirrel comes in through the doggy door.

20. You, too, huh, JenDeyan.

21. AWW :D How sweet :D

22. That fourth pic is killing me. Squirly has such a heav head.

23. Motherhood knows no boundaries. I find this incredibly endearing. And whoever is peeling onions in here…. please stop it!! :)

24. heh heh… dust in the air here where I am. :)

25. Thank you!

26. Allergies over here. :)

27. Fird Birfle says:

pulls out the Hello Kitty Defibrillator!!!

28. It’s nuts!

29. “cleanup in cubicle 4 please” cuz i just melted into a big puddle of goop.

30. Magic Marker fumes here.

31. I know what you mean. An intern last year asked “who you gonna call” when discussing a work question – and my coworker and I had to explain to him why we simultaneously yelled “Ghostbusters!” and then burst out laughing.

32. Hauls out the pail and mop and heads over to cubicle 4…

33. Yes. Hit my birthday in August.

34. I luv u fud.

35. That kitten is the spitting image of a kitten i saw recently. Without baby squirrel attachment natch.

36. Barbara Turner says:

What a creative and generously loving cat! I have never seen a cat adopt a squirrel before!