Only Slightly Mad

What does wet kitty see that we don’t see?

Something is there.

What does wet kitty hear that we can’t hear?

What is in the air?

Maybe it’s the floating pixie fairies.

On pitying wings.

Maybe they tell wet kitties what to do.

Dark, sinister things!

So if you ever bathe your kitty,

You better bet,

The little voices are calling to it,

Telling wet kitty not to destroy you …yet.

The pixies made him do it, Steveislegend

Comments

1. No sweet one, the ceiling cat isn’t going to rescue you.

2. Love the photo, love the post, but I must say…oh, so respectfully…”the pixie’s made him do it” is incorrect. Sorry to be Miss Punctuation Person, but the apostrophe doesn’t belong!

3. This reminds me, I’ve been thinking that Skippy could use a bath. Can I get six or seven volunteers to come over and help me with that?

4. Rime of the Not-so-Ancient Marmalade

5. That kitten looks amazingly calm at the situation. Also, really really cute. Really really.

6. The floating punctuation pixies made me do it.

7. Only if general anesthesia is involved.

8. Maybe he`s wondering if he should wet the holding hands with pee before the bubbles gets rinced off OR… simply wait untill his new owners sleeps and then find a suitable corner…
    Decisions, decisions…

Or he could of course have just heard the Puss in boots-soundtrack and dreams of getting a role in the sequel…

9. ♫ I see something you don’t see ♪ ♫

10. Those damn pixie’s.

11. All he needs is a towelbatross.

12. januaryfarmer says:

Beam me up, Scotty.

13. If he’s not careful with his claws, the kitten could become an owwwlbatross.

14. I can’t believe no one has stepped up yet. Some friends you guys are.

15. Donning my level 7 HazMat suit and scrub brushes and heading over…

16. They’re heeeere.

17. What a sweet face.

18. Fird Birfle says:

*snerkity*

19. Fird Birfle says:

skippymom: my people will call your people and they can set a tentative date ……

*shifty eyes*

20. Fird Birfle says:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it’s now Time for
    the Bathing C0ntroversy to begin ….

21. [getting buttered popcorn ready]

22. OK! Now, who has the sedatives?

23. warrior rabbit says:

For you or the cat?

24. Fird Birfle says:

*quiet, hidden snerk*

25. Both.

26. fleurdamour says:

Samewel Toweller Clawleridge

27. fleurdamour says:

Soap o-purr-a

28. Thank you for humoring a frustrated English school-marm type, pyrit! Now I can give all my attention to your tempting prose, and the revenge-plotting kitten.

29. You mean, like, the argument between the people who take baths and the people who take showers?

30. Showers! How do you get clean sitting in your own dirty water?

31. Three puns for a price of one! LOL!!

32. You take a shower to get clean, then a bath to relax. And then you go to hell for wasting water.

33. skippymom, you are in fine form today! You’re feisty!

34. I have half a bottle of Scotch. Doesn’t seem like enough, somehow.

35. “See the little goblin,
    See his little feet.
    See his little nosey-pose,
    Isn’t the goblin sweet?” *hic*

36. There is an ancient marmalade
    And he stoppeth one of three.
    “By thy soggy fur and wackadoodle eyes,
    Now wherefore stoppeth thou me?”

37. I have some gin. We’ll mix ‘em together and it should be enough.

38. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

Water, water everywhere…

39. emmberrann says:

Er, the speller-geek strikes again: “r-i-n-s-e-d”

40. fleurdamour says:

…and not a drop to plink.

41. fleurdamour says:

First Voice

But tell me, tell me! squeak again,
    Thy soft response in mewing –
    What makes that bath drive on so fast?
    What is the shower doing?

Second Voice

Still as a knave before his lord,
    The shower hath no blast;
    Kit’s bright blue eye most silently
    Up to the moon is cast –

If he may know which way to go;
    For she guides him smooth or grim.
    See, brother, see! how graciously
    She shineth down on him.

First Voice

But why drives on that bath so fast,
    Without a wave or wind?

Second Voice

The fan is cut away before,
    And blow-dries from behind.

Dry, brother, dry! Turn the heat up high!
    Or we shall be belated:
    For slow and slow that bath will go,
    When the Marmalade’s trance is abated.

42. Fird Birfle says:

*hand under chin in “thinking” position*

Y’know ….. Traditionally, Japanese did / do wash off, before going into the baths, which function(ed) more like a sauna/ steamroom. You don’t take the grungy muck INTO what we think of as “the bath”. THAT’s where everybody sits together and “networks” or meditates on haiku ….

43. Fird Birfle says:

*mentions “seda-gives” and waits to see if ennyone picks up the reference*

(then wonders, whether I’m imagining that joke.
    I’m PRETTY sure it happened, though….)

44. I feel your pain, skippymom.

45. “Put. The. Candle. BACK!”

46. pretty blue eyes and pink nose.

47. :lol: That little orange kitty is planning something to get back at the human who bathed him (her?) :lol:

48. kibblenibble says:

I cannot believe nobody has taken this opportunity…
    *grabs slippery, soapy kitteh, wraps him/her in warm towel, runs*

49. Why do people wash cats? They’re naturally clean animals, I’ve never had to do this.

50. Oh Teho….another cute marmie…..

Where oh where is Teho?

51. ok, sorry emmberrann for spelling that word wrong. I will try and remember that next time. This is actually not my native language, I`m Norwegian but try do my best regarding the spelling.
    Hopefully there are room for us who doesn`t always manage to spell this – for us – foreign language 100% correctly every time we post :)

52. Fird Birfle says:

Ah dew b’lieve we ain’t seen nutthin’ from Mr. T. in menny moons, nor his Sweet Babboo ….Ah’m thankin’ he musta got promoted to the bunker/ War Planning facilities in Nebraska (of which I’m assuredly not s’posed to tell ennyone ….)

Signed,
    Daddy worked there once fer awhile.

Really. But it were menny menny prez’dents back …..

53. *Runs after kibblenibble with an extra towel to wrap little kitty in it after changing from the soon-to-be wet towel and taking turns with kibblenibble with the snorgling*

54. Fird Birfle says:

*THIS* is the item which
    relates to my prediction above, time-stamped September 5, 10:03 am …

Sue — sometimes they’ll (kittehs) investigate something like tar or sticker-burrs, or for a flea baths. Not frequently necessary, but truly sometimes medically wise.

55. Fird Birfle says:

such well-behaved, cooperative kitteh lovers !!!!

56. Fird Birfle says:

very purr-ceptive wordworks, fleurdamour!! I wouldn’t have noticed that possibility and supposedly my school grades were fairly good ‘way back in the Pleistocene era,
    when bldgs were made of bricks and people used to read books printed on papyrus ….

57. Fird Birfle says:

oh Mocca I’m sure emmberrann didn’t realize that !!!
    (and emmberrann I’m sorry if my saying these things might be stepping on your toes; I’m mainly doing this b/c I’ve NEVER seen you be grumpy to anyone so I’m assuming that I understand your position??)

We all feel very happy for anyone non-primary-English speaking, to participate here. We have found that there are many many folks who write in here who we find out are teachers or work with research offices and some of us refer to ourselves as Grammar geeks. Please don’t feel actually dis-respected and thank you for contributing. Please tell us something about Norway!! I know that my mom’s ancestors, maybe two prior generations, came to America from Sweden!!!

58. Fird Birfle says:

heh heh heh

59. Fleurdamour says:

:) Now we just need to set Pyrit’s words to music.

60. Emmberrann says:

I was only Trying to be Helpful… I am in awe of ESLers’ grasp of a foreign (to them) idiom. Having all too briefly lived in a (to me) foreign country, I can only say, I’m sowwy, and I weally meant no hawm. It’s just that as a Grammar Geek, some things just get to me, and I can’t stop it. By the way, Norway is a Really Beautiful place. I was lucky enough to visit in the summer when the sun really did not set, and it was just breathtaking, and the flowers were awesome.

61. Megumi's Mom says:

“I’m good enough, I’m clean enough,
    and gosh darn it! People LIKE me… “