Hat Trick

… and now, as my lovely assistant Trixie VaVoom shimmies into the Chapeau of Wonders, I repeat the mystic incantation taught to me by the Sultan Ali Ben-Gazarra: Omnibus linoleum nabisco… Hey, wake up! This floored ’em in Reno!

1. 1. Trixie VaVoom
    2. Chapeau of Wonders
    3. Sultan Ali Ben-Gazzara
    4. Omnibus linoleum nabisco!!

Sounds like NTMTOM, baby. :P

2. Fird Birfle says:

I think that Mike is likely to be familiar with the delightful oeuvre of
    Senor Ernie Kovacs …..

3. emmberrann says:

Fird, were you a member of the EEFMS? For those who remember, this is an Ernie Kovacs thing. And EK would have loved this.

4. These guys are!

5. Fird Birfle says:

emberran: I was not, nor have I ever (knowingly) been a member of the EEFMS, much to my dismay and sh@me. You?

For Others who might not yet know these eccentricities, here is a bit of an informational thinggie (not on thet EEFMS specifically, but re. Senor Kovacs’ oeuvre):

6. Also PDQ Bach

7. phred's mom says:

When Ernie was on TV in Philadelphia, way back when,
    I used to watch him. Lurved him!!!!! *whisper* I was in
    junior high. Don’t tell anybody! Shhhhhh……………….

8. Fird Birfle says:

My own similar nondiscretion was watching M.Python’s Flying Circus
    (the nightly program, at that time aired — I believe — on local pbs. This was *whisper* before cable tv existed!!!!

(I was supposed to have been asleep two hours prior ….)

9. Such Classic NTMTOM. LOL.

10. Hey! What about the lovely Nani Darnell??

11. I would totally hire Puppies in a Hat for my party, and I’m turning 34 this year!

12. Oh, you need to hear about the Spit-Bath King. :D

13. no puppehs in my hats :(
    I want a magician puppeh! lookit those ear flaps!

p.s. linoleum? floored?! HAH! Good one, ntmtom

14. *snort*

15. Fird Birfle says:

I have flappy ears!!! Do they count, for anything???

16. They keep you from sinking completely into that hat. :P

17. TMI! :)

18. Firdie…are they nommable flappy ears???! I WANT THE PUPPEHS!!!!

19. Fird Birfle says:

*shy* I dunno, Emmylee!!!!

ceejoe: BWA HA HAAAAAA (devil face, which I dunno how to make)

20. Are those Saint Bernard pups? They’re just lovely, and of course NOMTOM’s caption cost me another keyboard.

21. stbernardmom says:

There is nothing like a St Bernard puppy, and believe me, you can’t own just one!!!

22. That’s some impressive prestidigi-tail-tion!

23. :-D

25. Credo in, at most, unum deum
    Caveat nabisco mausoleum

26. Coitus interruptus bonus meum;
    Kimo sabe watchum what you sayum;
    Lord, have mercy on my soul so low :D

27. Cute animals, awesome virtual snacks, and classical music geekery – did I mention I love this site? :D

28. Hansel and Gretel and Ted and Alice, S. 2n-1. :D

29. Mary (the first) says:

Looks like puppeh on the left is saying “rise!” and commanding the apparition out of the hat (to be discarded into a lump, like puppeh on the right.)

30. LOVE this.

31. What kinda puppies are these???
    I want one! or 2–or3

32. Sim sim salabim! Bring those puppeh to me! … nothing….

Dammit! It always worked for Hadji, I guess you can’t learn magic from cartoon characters of the 60’s.

33. Ah, but you can learn it from Magicians of the 60’s (and their assistants).

34. I think these are Cavalier King Charles spaniels, like my girl looked 13 years ago.

35. Personally, I always thought “Meka-leka-hi-meka-hi-nee-ho” were the awesomest magic words.