Happy Labor Day

Cute Overload salutes all the hard workers out there. All year long, you’re slaving away. Today is your day to relax. Have your hoomin whip up a nice steak on the barbeque. For you, of course. They can have a hot dog or sumfin’.

Photos from That Cute Site.

Comments

1. kibblenibble says:

I think I wear the same expreshon as the kitteh in pic one when I’m at the ‘puter, sometimes. :-P

2. Puppers in pic four looks like he just found his hoomin’s “Private” folder. :p

3. Mmmkay… that one doesn’t do the raspberry smiley. Halp?

4. how did people get their pets to do this though? no really.

5. Mary (the first) says:

That last one with the plaid sweateuw.. too much!

6. Bulldoggie’s flannel sweater in the last pic kills me ded

7. Lunacydress says:

What kind of computer is that tuxedo cat using?

8. Andi from NC says:

much like kitteh in pic one, I too stick my tongue out a little when I’m super focused on my computer (although I’m clearly not as cute doing it and there are often curse words involved)….

9. I have been told of my own tongue-stick-outiveness when I’m concentrating at Ye Olde Computerre.

10. Fird Birfle says:

I’m enjoying your adverbs and Olde Englishe.

11. Fird Birfle says:

As always, Ah’m luvvin’ on tha Toitle ….

12. Fird Birfle says:

–but then, the Boidie’s pretty groovy, as well :)

13. :-P

14. : then P

15. haha the hoover text on the turtle is funty :P

16. kibblenibble says:

Hit : and – and P, only with no spaces. :-P

17. I used to make sounds effects when working on the computer– I’m not sure when I stopped. But I used to make little punctuating sounds when I hit enter (“bing!” “boing!” “shtoink!” etc.

Long ago, when PCs first started to invade the workplace on a large scale, an old BF used to give training classes to office workers, These were the days of floppy drives– and even *gasp* double disk drives!. So one day he was demonstrating putting the disk in the drive, and he punctuated it by saying “Boink!” The younger people in the room cracked up, the older ones looked at them weirdly.

18. I was just wondering the same thing. Or IS IT a computer at all, hmmmMM?

19. The bird is Tweeting, of couse.

20. You remember them too, Theresa :D I remember when learning to use Windows 3.1 at a computer class in 1992 :D It was a year after the Internet came out in 1991 :D

21. I am the same here using curse words whenever my computer decides to throw a hissy fit, Andi from NC.

22. I think it is a Notebook laptop computer :D I would love to snorgle that black and white kitty using it :D

23. I recommend alcohol. A nice glass of white wine for usual tasks, Scotch for serious number crunching, Excel, etc.

24. I remember the first time I used a mouse! I was taking a class in Word Perfect – remember that?! – and our instructor wanted us to try a mouse be/c they were the newest thing, and we all thought they were annoying! 8O

25. Okay, you’re making me feel old. In my first computer class, we learned on DOS, not Windows…..

26. *snort*

27. Fird Birfle says:

oh no you di-unt, Th :)

28. Fird Birfle says:

*GASP*
    *clutches pearls*

“double-disc drives” 8-0

29. Sounds almost dirty, doesn’t it? 8O

30. Fird Birfle says:

to Theresa:

This is developing into a pretty good stream.
    1: Double-disc drives/ dirty / alliteration
    2: The other item/ similar humor: “Floppy” discs !!!! ;)

31. erikagillian says:

How do you keep the cockatiel from removing the keys? Mine’s like lightening, sneaks around till he’s on the keyboard, rips a key off and runs for it! Usually up my arm, but hey.

32. I found a cassette tape the other day. I felt sooooo old.

33. This is such a dedicated productive crew!! I’d hire them all!!

34. My first major was “Computer Science”. Actually, it was Accounting becasue there was no separate Computer Science major. We were really up to date as we had a disk drive (5 feet tall, disks were about 3 feet across) and a tape drive. The first thing we learned to do was key punch and verify.

I miss those cards, they made great book marks and wreaths.

35. Dang It! That password must be paw-sensitive…

36. I had a similar gizmo in the early eighties… mine used thermal paper at 50 cents a sheet

37. I remember when my dad worked for Northrop in the 80’s & he got to bring home a computer. It musta weighed 40lbs, took 8 inch floppies, & had a green screen. My favorite memory is watching the screen as a teeny weeny little horse and rider made it’s way across the screen to the “Lone Ranger” part of the 1812 Overture. Ahhhhhh, memories! :-)

38. Queen of Dork says:

Well, I’m pretty much ded now. That very first picture of the cat pretty much did me in. He looks so intent on his work. The “clonking” sound you hear is my head hitting the floor as I become ded.

Thanks and nice to have known you and special wishes of happiness to you all,
    Queen of Dork

(could somebody please play Taps?)

39. Fird Birfle says:

8-O

I have had experiences with the punch cards, but not with the equip. itself.

40. Fird Birfle says:

*plays Taps, as requested*

*then hauls out the Hello Kitty Defibrithingamajigg*

41. Queen of Dork says:

Man. Thank the Lord for that daggon Hello Kitty Defibrithingamajigg thang. *wipes sweat from brow. close call*

42. Fird Birfle says:

YAY Nurse Steph is back !!!!

*straightens N. Steph’s starched Nurse’s cap*

*gives her a pretty orange Shasta daisy*

43. Queen of Dork says:

Thank you, Fird.

*Floofs hat and straightens skirt. Walks about in squeeky, white, sturdy nurse shoes. Gives dirty looks to germs*

44. . . . And with that, all is right with the world . . .

45. I learned to lock my work laptop if I step away. My Teagan kitty made a call on the “soft” phone – even dialed nine to get an outside line – and IM’d a coworker. On my personal laptop, she usually flips the screen to vertical view.

46. I remember trying (unsuccessfully) to program a Sinclair ZX Spectrum…….

47. :-P

48. HaHahaha! What did he/she say to the co-worker?

49. “Send tuna–stat!”

At least she called someone who knew you, Joyce. It could have been much worse…