Morning Snuggle

Watch these little guys go after the sleeping hoomin. They’re known as “Conures,” a type of parrot- and when they set their beaks minds to something, well…let’s go to the videotape.

How do you do, Miss Sadie Sue?

Comments

1. This killed me. This. CO, you have my blood on your dainty little claws.

2. Oh. Em. Gee. I had no idea birds could have such amazing personalities! They’re wonderful!!!!

3. They wanted to snuggle under the covers with the hoomin just like my two mini doxies!

4. I’m deprived! I have no wake-up birdies. This calls for a day long Friday pout.

5. skippymom says:

My parakeet Jim had personality in spades. He was one of the most awesomest pet-friends I’ve ever known.
    And, NO, Theresa, he was not SPECKLED. *swatting motions*

6. The filmmaker’s sleepy sister is a saint.

7. OMG, I want snuggly birds to snuggle under the covers and play peek-a-boo with! (Course, the cat might object, but that’s just a minor detail)

8. Sun conures! I always knew they were inordinately pretty, but I never suspected they were also snugglers!

Too bad my two kitteh overladies would never agree to the addition of birds to the household, (Actually, they would agree to it… but only as supper…)

9. I’m deprived too…

My sister has never ever once come to wake me up with two little snuggly parrots. That unfeeling beeyatch…

10. Awww. I love boids!

11. CrankyAmy says:

WANT. SNUGGLY. BIRDIES!!

12. cutie cute cuteson says:

Yeah, she doesn’t look too pleased at being filmed first thing in the morning. The whole thing does not look entirely consensual to me.

13. Cate Plant says:

They are wonderful birds. My mom called me about a month ago and said she had a “tropical bird” on her balcony. She knew it was someone’s pet and when she described it, I said, “It’s a sun conure. Hold your hand out, he may climb aboard and you can nab him that way.” That’s exactly what she did and he did indeed climb on her hand and they had a nice visit. She put him in a mesh enclosure where she keeps butterflies. When she called the rental office, she was told that a resident was missing a pet bird and was distraught. So mom was able to reunite him with his owner and made two new friends.

14. i want one to land on my balcony! do i need to have a balcony?

15. skippymom says:

Your mother has “a mesh enclosure where she keeps butterflies”?? Hmmm….

16. SlaveToCat says:

Where did the shoulder go? I know she’s got one. I need my shoulder to sit on so I can enjoy my cup o seed before the sun rises.

17. YOU KILLED MY SPECKLED JIM! :P

18. The only thing that could make this any better would be . . . MARNIE! WHEEEE!

19. victoreia says:

“My name is Jim, but most people call me…..Jim.”

20. The Original Jane says:

And no one noticed the white poopie “gift” they had already left in the far corner of her comforter?

(Our now deceased parakeet Kiwi had personality in spades too!)

21. Oh I just LOVE this! I love how the little one backs into his little hidey hole under the blanket at the end. Such a sweet video.

22. Fird Birfle says:

This Pout seems fully justified to me.

23. Fird Birfle says:

@ sharpy: “unclear on the concept” of balconies, eh???? ;)

JK lurve ya

24. Fird Birfle says:

MARNIE (& Theresa) FTW !!!!

25. Fird Birfle says:

RIP Kiwi & condolences to T.O. Jane

(& “Kiwi” is most-excellent name for a pet, btw)

26. Fird Birfle says:

*ahem*

*LOOK OF DETH*

NO “sleppy” TAG?????? WT —-

27. “Wake up! Wake up! You’re so cute! I love you! WHEE!”

28. Of course the boids wanna be under the blanket: it’s nice and warm under there! Nothing like a warm human to cuddle up with, and a sleppy one at that! ;-)

29. Omg I am in love with Marnie!!! What an adorable little soul!!! I absolutely love how he kisses the little doll and says I love you, what’re you doing?? That is awesome. Any more videos?

30. 1. Where can I get sun conures to wake me up? Soooo much nicer than that obnoxious clock radio…

2. Only in my wildest dreams have I ever looked as pretty as sleepy sister upon being woken up first thing in the morning. Such a good sport too!

31. This makes me so happy! My green cheeks do this too :)

32. “Whacha doin’? Gimme a kiss! Thank you!”

33. i didnt realize birdies could be so snuggly. so cute when they were under the blankie, playing sort of peekaboo!

34. Marnie is a phenomenon. Knock yourself out!

35. Oh Noes! I got modded trying to link to more Marnie! Kelly, go to YouTube and search for Marnie + bird or Marnie + parrot. Lots of fun.

36. Fird Birfle says:

by ANY chance, do you MEAN THAT your BIRDS with green cheeks, do this, rather than your OWN PERSONAL green cheeks????

*sympathetic giggle*

37. The Original Jane says:

Thanx FB. He was a vivid green (with a little bright yellow) so his name fit him – like the kiwi fruit. He was also hand raised so super cool personality. :)

38. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

39. Blackadder keells me.

40. bookmonstercats says:

Only until you end up with bird feather and cat fur all over your duvet, Michelle C ;)

41. OMGOMGOMG… Theresa you need to put health warnings on your posts! @1:30 I almost had squeenyeurism!

42. Queen of Dork says:

Okay. I TOTALLY love how they just walk up onto the bed. And then they look at each other and they’re all, “Yep. Let’s wake her up.”

43. “Peeeeeeeeeeeek-aboo!”

44. WHERE are those green cheeks? 8O

45. Sort of like the Goofy Gophers.

46. I love Sun Conures! My mom hand raised two when she worked at a pet store (she named them David & Derek after my rather silly twin cousins). I loved feeding time. They’d just lay on their backs while I bottle fed them. Such great personalities!

47. MinglesMommy says:

That is unbelievably cute. And I’m not a bird fan!

48. heyyyy! are you saying i have an overbite?