C Turtle Haiku 4 U

Sea Turtle is king of
His underwater domain
And glides gracefully

Teeniest of turtles via David Doubilet

Comments

1. That’s it. we’re having a Nemo film festival this weekend.

2. skippymom says:

Is this some kind of cruel joke, trying to make us think it’s already Friday?

3. skippymom says:

I used a naughty word. Oh well, haven’t visited the lounge for a while, and it is almost lunchtime.

4. Fird Birfle says:

*ROUSING STANDING OVAYSHE* for the excellent photography:
    color saturation & the distant palm trees swaying in the breeze are an espesh. nice touch …., for the toitle’s flipperage and for Brinke’s haiku skillz

5. Seconded. That is an amazing picture. Where was it taken, I wonder?

6. One Skunk Todd says:

I’m totally digging the sea turtle vibe on the front page today. :)

7. I want to go to there.

that is all.

8. oneskunktodd says:

In fact we should just dedicate a whole day to it. We can give the kitteh’s more snooze time and have Sea-turtle-day instead of Caturday. Maybe once a month. :)

9. OMG, I really, really need to be there with the teeny turtle… love the pic, love the water and espeshe the toitle lol… wonderful colors…

10. Watta lovely photo…..!!!
    And the teeney weeny Sea Turtle is beyond lovely…..!
    This picture evokes such blissful feelings and deep longings, and passionate yearnings….(like calling my travel agent immediately, packing a bag in 5 minutes, and winging off on the next available flight…..!!!)……Woooo Hooooo!!!! :lol:

11. Reminds me of Savannah Bay in Virgen Gorda (British Virgin Islands)…

Or maybe paradise.

12. Oh you didn’t CO! Baby sea toitles two days in a row! Ded I tell you! Ded! (Me, not you. )

13. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

Dude.

14. Fird Birfle says:

*Pulls ” ‘Ol Faithful’ aka Hello Kitty Defibrillator outta tha hall closet.*

15. Fird Birfle says:

@ Starfish: I looked at the linkiepoo and ’bout all I can tell you, is that the photo-posting webpage text is written either in Russian or in something like Russian.
    I attempted to sound / read a few words out loud to myself, but nothing that I tried,
    came out as any “placename” that I recognized …. Anybody else here who reads Cyrillic lettering and wants to try it out, maybe you’ll spot a place-name …..????

*Signed*
    Sad that my usual “lang-widge” analysis abilities failed me here.

16. The Original Jane says:

Hanging suspended
    ‘tween two shades of blue
    I am at peace.

*ahem* My very first attempt at haiku – how did I do?

17. It’s friday for me! I took the day off tomorrow :)

18. 9symphony9 says:

Nice blue colors there.

19. I wonder at times if such superlatively beautiful places really exist or if it’s just photoshop …

20. you do realize that all of this is just blips on a blorputer, right?

21. Your words are lovely
    The sentiment is mine too
    Oh koo koo ka choo ;-)

22. Snot! That was a reply to TOJ!

23. True story: startled
    Whilst snorkelling by sea turtle/
    Sad bald alien.

24. The more haikuers, the merrier,TOJane! Generally it’s five syllables/seven/five

25. Don’t know the first word, but ‘preeznanni’ master in the world! [mir!] It’s fascinating underwater. 125 photos.

26. victoreia says:

Duuuude!

27. They do! They do!

I HAVE seen water that blue upon white crystal sands, and palms that tango with the breeze and multi-colored fish playing hide-and-seek among the corals…

28. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain … Time to die.

PS: I’m sorry, that quote was the first thing that came to mind. XD My brains been doing quite a bit of free-assiocation lately. :p

29. Awesome!

30. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

*sigh* I was so in love with a young Rutger Hauer.

31. Oops, you have six syllables on line 1.

32. Malama Na Honu volunteer says:

Dude, where can I find Brutus??