Step Away from the Labelmaker, Ma’am

It’s not that I don’t appreciate learning the exact weight and post-consumer recycled plastic content in each of my squeaky toys, and I suppose it’s reassuring on some level to know that the large glowing object on the end table is indeed a “lamp,” but I think you’ve brought enough clarity to the house for one day, hmm?

1. As if the saggy jowls and huge marble eyes weren’t clue enough. Thanks for the newsflash.

2. Fird Birfle says:

1: I call “Matchingks” in re. floor tile + puglet.
    2: BWA HA HA

3. Pugs shed so much, it’s easier to just start life over with all new pug-colored stuff than to try and keep up with cleaning fur! (that’s one of those secrets we pug-lovers keep to ourselves, so shhhhh. . . )

4. jessicavye says:

I slipcovered my couch to match my pug. True story.

5. Fird Birfle says:

a truly wise decision.

6. Ripleybird says:

I buy clothing based on how easy it will be to remove dog fur…

7. Fird Birfle says:

8. prinsasbeans says:

If you are PUG owner/when you are owned by PUGS:

* decorate defensively, dress defensively. So that means a lot of tan and beige ;) (and light leather upholstery in the car.)
    * hard surfaces and leather/pleather/vinyl are advised. (FORGET fleece, velvet, velour, and other “lint magnet” fabrics”.)
    * warn visitors, “Wear dark colors at your own risk!”
    * have loads of lint rollers strategically placed throughout the house, particularly by exit doors.

Respectfully and lovingly submitted,
    Pug mum of 2

9. Southern Fried Pugs says:

My new car was selected because of the beige interior. Installed the booster seat, the seat cover and doggy seat belts before anything else. PS, Roombas are awesome.

10. Fird Birfle says:

enjoying this exchange of pug-related experiences !!

11. prinsasbeans says:

LOL. You sound well experienced in the pug-lifestyle. We wore out two Roombas . . . Love’em, but it gets expensive, and the puggies really enjoy barking and whining at them, too.

12. jessicavye says:

And all your good sweaters live in zip-lock plastic bags.

13. Hahaha!! Love the hovertext.

14. he looks genuinely concerned for his human’s mental state

15. jessicavye says:

As well he should be. There is no forgetting the pug in my household. The pug will not allow it.

16. Look at those eyes! I’m drowning in them!

17. I went through the same phase when I got my labelmaker.

18. Fird Birfle says:

I’ll bet that Martha Stewart either WORE OUT her [first] labelmaker or maybe she bought two or three of them together!!!

I’m kinda visualizing a version of the film “Birds” with M.S. and her first labelmaker (nightmares) ….

19. …In which she labels each bird?

Label: BIRD

Label: BIRD

Label: BIRD

(ad infinitum)

20. 260Oakley says:

I said I would like some “hash browns,” not a hashtag. Of course, I hear #Pugs is trending.

21. “clarity,” Snerk!!!

22. Baroo?

The face, it is keeling me with the qte!!

23. Hmmmm…note to self …buy a labelmaker. With multiple kittehs at home sometimes when one is doing something bad (usually using carpet as scratching post :( ) sometimes I forget their names and just yell “you, CAT, cut that out!” If they were labelled it would help me alot.

24. emmberrann says:

Saffron: Do the kittehs all turn around at the same time and look up at you, all innocence, and say, “Who, me? I din’t do nothing….”

25. They just walk away calmly as if nothing wrong was done at all. Cats! :)

26. When my husband fussed at our kitty, he would point his finger in her face for emphasis. Every single time, she would gently paw at the finger. It made me laugh—her total, naked disrespect for his alleged authority—and it made my husband throw his hands into the air at the futility of trying to “discipline” a cat. He saw the humor in it, too, though. He was never mad at her for more than, oh, three seconds. She was Daddy’s Girl through and through. =)

27. skippymom says:

A label might have been helpful the time that our dog ate the chocolate cake and our mother called him “You b*st*rd CAT!!!”

28. Fird Birfle says:

I LOVE skippymom’s mom.

AND skippymom’s storytelling !!!!

29. :D

30. awww look at that baroo face. bwahaha on the hovertext :)

31. awww look at that baroo face. bwahaha on the hovertext :)

32. That little face just says, “Mommy, WHY???”

33. I think the eyes push the face into Cindy-Lou Who levels of lethal cuteness: “Why are you taking our Christmas tree? Why?

34. Fird Birfle says:

c’est bien tragique, non ???

35. Nobody does “baroo” quite like a gup…I mean, pug!

36. Fird Birfle says:

Question: does this mean, that a Guppy (fish) is in the same species as the Pug ???

37. skippymom says:

38. I want to see him do the gup paddle.

39. “Pug, puzzled — Small: 1”

40. Fird Birfle says:

nice detailing and quantity notes in that inventory, PRFC :)

41. Perfectly precious puzzled pug puppeh! :-D

42. Fird Birfle says:

43. snoopysnake says:

Pug is so sad, I think the human has on a label stating “Former Pug Owner.”

44. I laughed, I cried, it was a triumph of the human–er–canine spirit!

45. you are so clever MNTOM. thanks for making me smile… and, you are so adorable pug. thanks for making me feel fuzzy.

46. Where are his front paws?????

47. Those ARE his front paws. The back paws are under his tushie.