FWD: FWD: RE: FWD: Its all TRUE!

Attention truth-seekers! Regardless of what those wet blankets at the so-called Concerned Children’s Advertisers* would like you to believe, house hippos are real! They walk among us, even invading the sanctity of our showers! Friends, we cannot allow the truth to be suppressed! Share this with your friends while you can!

* We keed — it’s a good cause. Via Reddit user pitloun.

Comments

1. I’m on the list for both the house hippo and the lap giraffe. So far I’m stuck with my furry, fuzzy kitten who purrs and nuzzles my nose.

Which is ok, I can stand this a little longer.

2. Awwww, I want one. He’d go well with my lap bird (a/k/a Umbrella Cockatoo).

3. I want to nom those rubbery little ears!

4. Hmm, could it be that the title of this post was the subject line of the email submission? It has that “HEY MEG READ THIS ONE NOW IT’S URGENT” vibe. LOL.

5. Eeek! Too adorable!

6. Kar, perhaps you would like this moose? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbLQTLRpXek

7. 4leafclover says:

I want to carry around a mini-hippo in my handbag, the way others carry tiny dogs! My attempt to “out-Paris-Hilton” Paris Hilton…

8. OMGosh! The leetle hoof splashes in the puddle!!!

9. Hippo feet alert! Hippo feet alert! Splort-worthy! *splort*

Next to giraffe lips, hippo feet are the cutest random animal body parts!

10. Look up the definition of the word ‘Blorp’ in the dictionary and you’ll find this photo! Too cyoot!!

11. Martha in Washington says:

It saddens me that house hippos only live in the Eastern half of the US! :cry:

12. Martha in Washington says:

Also…isn’t this one kinda large?

13. I have been in love with baby pygmy hippos since I first encountered Monifa, years ago…if the lil’ feets don’t get ya, the tiny round ears will! And when they submerge, they blow bubbles…

14. Here’s the link to CO’s first post on Monifa, who also showed up on the ZooBorns site and other places… http://cuteoverload.com/2008/11/07/warshing-mini-s/

15. fleurdamour says:

He looks bemused.

16. fleurdamour says:

That’s amazing. My #1 concern would be getting ticks in my bed though. #2 Concern, well, you can imagine: Merry p*ss moose and crappy poo deer.

17. Full-on Blorpage, for real.

18. Actchully I fink this is what happens when you put blorp on the hot cycle in your clothes dryer.

19. I gots to agree. Love the overall blorpitude and the nubbly earses but the toe splayage is keeling me! ♥♥♥

Can you even imagine a world without our animal friends?? No, I can’t either.

20. I live in New England and trust me, we ain’t got no house hippos (if it turns out we do I will be seriously bummed). :(

21. Seeing hippo toes in real life is on my bucket list ^_^

22. …although some of the moquitos here are bigger than that hippo….

23. sigh. I mean *mosquitoes*.
    Oy

24. Eggplant with legs FTW!

25. A moose bit my sister once. :P

26. Nope, I think that’s NTMTOM with his finger on the pulse, as usual. :P

27. I’m still waiting for my Petite Lap Giraffe!

28. Oh, bummer. I was thinking the “moquitos” to which you referred were a summer cocktails that got you buzzed.

29. skippymom says:

A moose pooped on me once.

30. And you’re bragging about it. Oh Skippymom. :P

31. skippymom says:

It was truly a life-altering experience.

32. Fird Birfle says:

sk’mom: is that what brought about your affection for All Things Poopy ?? ;)

33. Would you like to tell us about it?

34. skippymom says:

Guys, I’m not really ready to say much about it yet. Maybe after a couple more years of therapy I’ll be able to share the details.

35. phred's mom says:

Especially large in Joisey, where they get named.

36. Baby hippos (pygmy hippos in particular) kinda remind me of skinny guinea pigs
    ~ Very a similar blorpitude factor and shape

37. Sasha's Mum says:

An admirable goal, Ivasic. I saw hippos when I was in S.Africa … but they were all shy and/or hot and wouldn’t come out of their bathing pools. So no toes for me.

38. fleurdamour says:

Er ner, merse perp!

39. skippymom says:

Um, so anyway you all know that was a joke, right? I’ve never been close enough to a moose to be pooped on. Please don’t hate me!

40. jessicavye says:

When I first saw that commercial I wanted house hippos. I DEMANDED house hippos. I couldn’t believehow unfair it was that some houses had house hippos and mine did not.

* btw, I was over forty at the time

41. *shocked at the sheer betrayal, runs to her room and slams the door.*

42. Bummer :( I’d go crazy if I got to see one. Even more crazy than the time I was in Finland and saw a baby reindeer! I freaked out, called my mom on my cell to tell her about said reindeer and the Finns at the zoo laughed at me. It was soooo adorable!

43. victoreia says:

Y’all are nuts! (Don’t ever change!)

44. victoreia says:

*stifles giggles*

45. doomchild says:

Every single Christmas and on my every birthday I have only one gift request to my boyfriend: I want a pony. (Nowadays he just asks what I want in addition to the pony). Anyways, I’m starting to think he’ll never buy me one, although it would fit perfectly to the balcony of our flat… TIme to go easy on him and just ask for a house hippo!

Petite Lap Giraffe would be nice too, but I’m already on the waiting list. Literally. I signed it, interested to see what kind of spam or info they’d send. Still waiting for my new PLG.

46. doomchild says:

jessicavye, at the age of 40 you are more than capable of giving all the TLC a house hippo would need. Really mean and selfish of your family not to get one for you, stat! :(

47. bookmonstercats says:

Hippo is puzzled.

“Are you my mummy? ‘Cos if so, your feets is the wrong shape”.