We Don’t Like Ike!

All the Peeps here at Cute Overload hope all the Peeps in the affected regions stay safe during the arrival of Isaac. Of course, it goes without saying, take care of your little furry friends too:

WPTV Newschannel 5 in West Palm Beach, Florida, shows us how to prepare Furry Friends for a big storm.

Helpful linkersons here: Google.org’s Crisis Map, Louisiana Homeland Security, The Red Cross “Piper The Puppeh” programWeather.com#hurricaneisaac on The Twitter, PETA, and a list of animal shelters in the area.

Comments

1. But this is Isaac… not Ike.

2. I actually thought there was some political candidate nicknamed Ike and that there was about to be a showdown at the OK Corral.

3. 4leafclover says:

Stay safe, everyone!!
    P.S. This pup is so adorable!! He/She is like a cross between Little Red Riding Hood and The Wolf! (Well, mini wolf, that is…) I love the dainty paw placement!

4. I am the Little Wolf. There is a different ending to the story. Grandma lives. As for Little Red, well, note my new outfit!

5. Mary (the first) says:

I’m guessing maybe Brinke is too young to know that “Ike” is for “Dwight”. I mean, it really doesn’t make sense. But no matter what its name, hope the CO peeps are safe! And their cute overlords, as well!

6. warrior rabbit says:

And Peg is short for Margaret! It all makes perfect sense. ;)

7. i’d just like to point out the approximately 90 point difference in IQ between tv reporter and pet safety expert in that clip. and probably 20 or so between tv reporter and malamute in raincoat.

8. Isaac Hanson is sometimes called Ike for short. Maybe that’s what Brinke based the nickname on.

9. (Ike happened in ’08, we didn’t like him then, either.)

We are ready to hatten down the batches here in suburban New Orleans. For our pug: lots of water, fresh bag of food, treats and toys, and as many walkies as we can fit in before the rain starts. He does have a dashing yellow raincoat but I think once the rain picks up, we’ll be tucked inside at which point it will be snorgle time.

10. All good thoughts and prayers for those of you in Isaac’s path… be safe, friends.

11. phred's mom says:

I’m old enough to remember a WHOLE lotta stuff. “Ike” was
    Eisenhower’s nickname from WWII. It is from “Eisenhower”,
    just as “Ike” can also be from “Isaac” (Yiddish nickname). I had an
    “I Like Ike” button when I was a kid during his run against
    Adlai Stevenson. This makes me pretty creaky.

12. Ditto to what Rachael said. Prayers to all hoomins and their anipals in the Gulf Coast.
    Please post back after the storm, kt and let us know you are OK.

13. Ike Davis of the New York Mets is an Isaac (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ike_Davis). Ike Taylor of the Pittsburgh Steelers is an Ivan. Ike Turner (of Ike and Tina Turner fame) was simply an Ike.

14. But anyway, I want to know the name of this anerable pup!!

15. Sequel to The Company of Wolves as produced by Disney

16. That’s a bit harsh. I’m curious: What did the reporter do or say that leads you to this conclusion?

17. Ike Davis! I LOVE me some Ike Davis! Ikey’s pretty squee-able, too! Regardez!!

18. Ike is a pretty standard nickname for Isaac.

19. *burp*

20. fleurdamour says:

Malamute’s face markings make him look like the lost member of KISS.

21. Nashvillemish says:

This little cutie is too small to be a Malamute. Correct me if I am wrong but isnt’ this a Klee Kai? Either way I WANT.

22. phred's mom says:

Theresa, I agree, Ike Davis is a cutie, even though I’m
    a Phillies Phan!

23. Yeah, those paws look too proportionately small for a malamute I’m thinking. This however, would fit in the front of your parka.

24. Please take care, kt!

I second that, Saffron!

25. Mary, Ike wasn’t for “Dwight.” It was for “Eisenhower.”

26. Well, the Mets are in Philly tonight, Phred’s Mom. These days we can both watch in horror as they both try to lose. 8O

27. But.. But.. My dog’s name is Ike.. ;o;

28. Best wishes from Canada to all of the scared humans and animal friends! I live on an island and can imagine how scary floods, rising tides and storms can be! I can’t imagine trying to come up with a rescue plan for my pets though. I wonder what a person is supposed to do if they have more than a few pets. I have six elderly cats, one fish, one crate for vet visits and no car.

29. Being a Mets fan can be really tough on one’s spirit. But agree on the cutie-ness of Ike Davis and also David Wright. It’s kinda “carry on and keep trying” with the Mets. We know we CAN do it, but putting it all together is hard to accomplish. Go Mets!!

30. Fird Birfle says:

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*gives bedop a HUGE pink teddy bear, wif a silk bow,
    in consolation for the hurt*

31. Fird Birfle says:

wow that WOULD be a project. In that case, I would *DEF* have a plan. Maybe the local non-kill humane society would help to identify a safe waiting place for all of ‘em and help with transportation.

Or probably I’d be so intimidated with the project, that I would decide to move to somewhere in the prairie states …

32. It’s a scary thought. There are no local no-kill shelters around here sadly. I only really have a plan for small fires. Open doors and try and force everyone outside. I know the animal people say to keep track of your pets but since I have so little options, I’d honestly rather them get lost outside than die inside.

33. Fird Birfle says:

HEY PEEPS GUESS WHAT!!!
    I’m on the threshold of becoming either a Tropical Storm and/ or a Hurricane!!!!

Hurricane Kirk, a compact hurricane, is forecast… to move almost due north,
    run into a cold front and [then to] break apart. It is not a threat to land.

Right behind Kirk is the season’s twelfth tropical depression, which is forecast to become Tropical Storm Leslie within a day or two. Leslie could eventually bring some wind and rain to Puerto Rico before curving northward, if it follows the track predicted…

To people in those areas; I”M SORRY!!
    I’m doing everything within my own powers, *NOT* to be a storm. But this is what the National Hurricane Center says might occur.

Signed,