ResQte Makeover

Daniel writes a blog about DIYing, thrifting and fixing up his apartment called Manhattan Nest. Daniel has a ginormous heart and took a needful stray into his fold and then wrote about it.

Here’s Linus the pup before Daniel took him in:

Here is Linus after some tender loving care:

Go read the full story on Daniel’s Blog. Have tissues handy and shout out a big thanks to Allie for sending in this delicious story.

Comments

1. wow – there was an adorable morsel under all that fur. Perhaps a westie? Good goin’ Daniel.

2. mindadale says:

Linus is all, “I look goooood” and “How you doin’?” in the second picture. Too funny.

3. Linus looks so dapper! What better person to give a sweet little pup a makeover than a hip NYC man? Good job, Daniel. <3

4. oh very cute haircut!

5. MinglesMommy says:

Awesome work, Daniel – Linus tooks fabulous!!

6. AWW :D What a cutie :D You did a very kind thing to give this litle dog, Linus, a new loving forever home :D

Linus reminds me of a little dog that we rescued several years ago whose fur was almost as badly matted as Linus. A friend of my brother, Stuart (he has since passed due to an illness) cut the little dog’s fur and made him look like a little lion so we had given him the name Leo. Stuart could do nothing about the Leo’s nails as we had only cat clippers. We contacted a neighbor to ask if he knew of anyone who had lost a little dog. The neighbor had not known of any lost little dog, but took in Leo who he later renamed Buddy. Buddy was an older dog that the vet figured to be at least 7 to 8 yeras old and also had to have a few teeth removed as well as his nails clipped besides a good bath. Buddy is currenly still living in his loving forever home.

7. Cried, laughed, then cried again. Thank you, Mother of Olympus, for the last of the good people on this Earth.

8. Man there are a LOT of onions in my house right now.

After a few weeks that have been truly craptacular, this restores my faith in hoomanity.
    Daniel is AWESOME!!
    Thanks indeed go to Allie for sending the story to CO.

9. *HUGS* to Teresa and your neighbor for the ResQte.
    ********HUUUUUGS!!**************

I found my Saffron under a car and she was coated with fleas and terribly skinny so I took her home. I knocked on some doors in the neighborhood and nobody knew whose kitten she was. That was almost 13 years ago and she is currently flopped over the top of my couch, napping ans shedding . :)

10. I don’t have the words to express my gratitude to and admiration for Daniel. This is the kind of thing that restores my faith in humanity, fills my heart with joy and gives me hope for the future. Daniel, you are my new hero.

My favorite line: “Like a very tiny little old man in a lamb costume is how I like to think of him.” :) :) :)

11. I really want to hug everyone involved in this story, both human and canine alike. Good job, Daniel, Max, Anna, Kristina, British Mommy Lady, Mekko, and (of course) Linus. You have all made this world a better place. :-)

12. Men of Cute Overload Calendar!!!! (MOCOC!)

13. Marty's Mom says:

Amazing story! I knew we still had some good people in this world.

14. tramp to lad thanks to new dad

15. Love the photos but even more, I love the post on Daniel’s blog. What a hearwarming story.

16. two different dogs! I see this all the time on Animal Cops and its sickening how people mistreat animals. Good going Daniel, you do Saint Francis proud!!Now this dog is ready for the runway!!

17. There will always be good people, Tracey, I promise. *shares iced tea and cherry crème tarts*

18. I think I’ve fallen in love with this guy (naturally). I must say, though I don’t usually care for dogs, both Mekko and Linus are cuuuuuuuuuute!

19. Crying at work – beautiful, beautiful! Rescues are the sweetest, most loving and devoted dogs, angels in disguise. We also have two, and we wouldn’t trade them for anything. Thank you Daniel, and everyone else involved! Linus hit the jackpot!

20. sunnylessmum says:

Thank you Daniel for being an Angel for Linus, and for giving me some much needed faith in humanity. :)

21. I’ve seen Animal Cops too, and a lot of stories online — it’s amazing how much faith dogs have in humans, even after they’ve been mistreated and abused by humans. Last time I was watching Animal Cops they’d raided a dog-fighting place and they were taking this dog to the vet and he was covered in wounds. He’d been in a lot of fights. But even as he was being carried, his face ripped up, abused all his life, his tail was wagging. *sneef*

22. I believe you, M. Especially since you are sharing iced tea and cherry creme tarts….

23. My favorite line as well!!!

24. Amen.

25. And mine, too! Thank you, Daniel et al for caring.

26. I do believe Linus is smiling in that 2nd picture.

27. Love this little dog. Thank you Daniel for taking him in.

28. and then, when they’re all healed and safe, they make our tails wag doing stuff like this:

you wouldn't hurt a nibbler, wouldja?

29. Fird Birfle says:

LOVE animal rescue situations and the people who make it happen!!!

YAY

30. Dawn Keyotie says:

Awwwww. Fave part: when he trimmed Linus’ mats off. I bet the little guy felt awesome after all that crap came off.

31. Linus didn’t have to earn love – he got it unconditionally. Way to go Daniel & Co!

32. Hey! Much love and serious snorgles to the cuteologists—both on staff and in the field—who recognized the cuteness that is Linus and posted it on, oh I don’t know, ONLY LIKE MY FAVORITE WEBSITE EVER IN THE WORLD.

Due to this, Linus’s ego is now out of control and he’s strutting around like a dog half his age and trying to pick up all those fine little long-haired chihuahuas we have around the neighborhood. “Hey ladies, have you heard of Cute Overload? See anything familiar?” It’s embarrassing, frankly.

(thank you for the kind comments, everybody! Jeez!)

33. OMG, OMG, OMG… Your story is one of my top 3 fav’s all time! Definitely heart-warming/feel-good. Your selfless action and unconditional love saved this dog’s life. The 2nd (“after”) photo of Linus emanates pure happiness. There’s no disputing that this whole experience had to happen – i’d even call it destiny. The world became a better place on the day that you crossed each others path.

34. Side note: If you guys haven’t read “Oogy: The Dog Only a Family Could Love,” you are missing out on something great. Talk about dogs who have been abused and mutilated, only to turn into the most gentle and loving of pets in his forever home. I still tear up just thinking about this beautiful story.

35. Daniel, you are as charming and funny as you are kind-hearted, and that’s saying a lot. I feel privileged to know you.

36. My heart can’t take so much cuteness and compassion! I need to cry!

37. As some have already mentioned. People like YOU that restores my faith in humanity. Thank you for your kindness and love. And thank you for doing something I’m not able to…. *bows*

38. That “after” photo looks almost exactly like my dog! She was also a rescue, and she also started out with a huge, stinky, dreadlock mop. Hooray for the adorableness that lurks beneath!

39. Daniel, continue to take good care of Linus and his brother. You’re doing a great job and we definitely need your spread for our calendar.

40. Fird Birfle says:

yay Saffron and Saffron !!

41. Daniel is one of my very best friends – I know from personal experience that Linus also loves lettuce, despite missing most of his teeth.

42. AWW :D Please give Daniel a hug for saving Linus for me, Eliza H :D

43. :lol: I want to see a video of that on CuteOverload.com, Daniel :lol:

44. *HUGS* to Saffron :D Thank you :D I am glad that the neighbor was able to give Buddy a loving forever home :D

AWW :D I am so glad that you were able to give Saffron the kitty a loving forever home, Saffron (both are nice names) :D

45. It is killing me that I can’t reach through the screen and Linus’ belly! Such a sweetie, and his people are pretty great too.