Kitty Binky

When I’m scared or lonely, I take my big bushy tail and pop it in my gob. Voilaá! Instant comfort.

This picture pacifies me, Shmyks!

1. a built-in feather boa! tres chic

2. So true! Very Zsa Zsa.

3. Is that an Amur leopard — the rarest of the rare?

4. Yeah i think so, very rare indeed, only 20 – 25 left in the wild. They live up in the mountains in eastern China and North and South Korea. They look fuzzier and have a lighter coat in the winter than regular leopards. And apparently are into tail nomming :)

5. Victoria, Mom to 4 Rats says:

It’s a Snow Leopard (and also an encore presentayshe

No complaints about the repeat here, though. Snow Leopards are my favorite big cat. So beautiful!

6. YES! The tail-hurting existentialist snow leopard!

7. bookmonstercats says:

8. my favorite-favorite too :)

9. bookmonstercats says:

Permanent link required.

10. I agree, they could post this once a month and I’d be happy.

11. cyberpunkrocker says:

Yes, a repost of my All-Time-Favourite-Cuteoverload-Post-Ever

12. joools in PDX says:

Mine Too!* All hail NTMTOM!
    (*favorite cats, AND favorite post, ever!)

13. El Stud Hombre says:

Isn’t this the exact same picture that NTMTOM used a while back? I remember the hovertext — “Also, my tail really hurts.”

14. bookmonstercats says:

How could anybody forget? ;)

15. People chew their fingernails when they’re nervous, so whatcha lookin’ at?

16. mmphfff

17. Fird Birfle says:

18. SlaveToCat says:

Hey waiter there is a hair in my antelope.

19. Fird Birfle says:

*delighted snerk*

20. ooh – fact time, y’all!
    a snow leopard’s tail is almost twice as long as its body – they nom on their tails to keep the cold air and snow out of their face

(*the more you knowwww*)

this (ahem) dog person says yaayyy for working at a big kitty rescue :)

21. WOAH!

22. bookmonstercats says:

There are some seriously cool animals at the Bronx Zoo. I still follow the cobra on Twitter.

23. Fird Birfle says:

tracylee — Yo estoy jealous of yer kitty time !!! Please give one or all of them a crazy, unsafe hug & kiss from me.
    — Or whatever method of emotionally *snuggling* them is allowed —

24. Oh believe me, Fird, as much as I want to give them ALL crazy unsafe hugs & smooches, I can’t.. they get *imaginarily* snuggled every time though.
    In my brain, some are more huggable than others, and our big, blind tiger is the coziest :)

25. PS, Tracylee, at the Bronx Zoo, there is a wildly charismatic big boy tiger named Sasha (New York Magazine perennially names him “Best Zoo Animal”). He has a lot of charm, as you can see:

26. oh! handsome gent!
    he just needs a big ol’ hug around the neck doesn’t he :)

27. joools in PDX says:

A kinkajou bit my sister once… no rilly!

28. skippymom says:

Wait–that is your actual job? Is that what you do for a living, or is it a volunteer thing?

29. they’re not as bad as the kinkajous though, holy heck those things have got some srs claw ackshon – kinks are apparently pretty vio-lent

30. no way jose, those things will rip your face off

31. skippymom says:

Super cool. I’m gonna guess you probably don’t hug the binturong.

32. skippymom says:

Huh, a kinkajou visited my library once, and I remember him as being pretty friendly.

33. volunteer thing :)
    (soon-to-be) tour guide (just assisting on them for now), office work, gift shop, etc.

34. Check out the size of those paws! I think they’re bigger than my head.

Also, I think my brain just melted. That is a stunning animal.

35. Oh, what a beautiful cat :D

36. Gotta leave a plug for the conservation group — they not only do research on snow leopards in the wild, they also work with local people, e.g. livestock insurance means herders whose animals are killed by snow leopards will be paid so they don’t go out and kill the leopards; and marketing the locals’ crafts in their online store along with stuffed snow leopards (really cute!), t-shirts, etc. I have no connection with them except that I think they’re a great charity.

37. “stuffed snow leopards” is one of those trigger phrases, if you’re keeping score. ;)

38. Fleurdamour says:

I chased it for years and finally caught it – now what?

39. Floss yer teef!

40. look. at. the. size. of. those. paws. yikes. beautiful.

41. Isn’t this what everyone does with a fluffy feline tail? I know I’ve pseudo-nommed my Lavi’s tail a few billion times.

42. My tail. No touchy!

43. That snow leopard is beautiful. Where was this picture taken?

44. That pic has been my computer screen for years now. Snow leopards are so beautiful and its great to see one doing something cute.