Kitty Binky

When I’m scared or lonely, I take my big bushy tail and pop it in my gob. Voilaá! Instant comfort.

This picture pacifies me, Shmyks!

Comments

1. a built-in feather boa! tres chic

2. Is that an Amur leopard — the rarest of the rare?

3. Victoria, Mom to 4 Rats says:

It’s a Snow Leopard (and also an encore presentayshe http://cuteoverload.com/2010/08/09/is-is-that-all-there-is/)

No complaints about the repeat here, though. Snow Leopards are my favorite big cat. So beautiful!

4. El Stud Hombre says:

Isn’t this the exact same picture that NTMTOM used a while back? I remember the hovertext — “Also, my tail really hurts.”

5. cyberpunkrocker says:

Yes, a repost of my All-Time-Favourite-Cuteoverload-Post-Ever

6. Yeah i think so, very rare indeed, only 20 – 25 left in the wild. They live up in the mountains in eastern China and North and South Korea. They look fuzzier and have a lighter coat in the winter than regular leopards. And apparently are into tail nomming :)

7. I agree, they could post this once a month and I’d be happy.

8. So true! Very Zsa Zsa.

9. People chew their fingernails when they’re nervous, so whatcha lookin’ at?

10. mmphfff

11. SlaveToCat says:

Hey waiter there is a hair in my antelope.

12. my favorite-favorite too :)

13. ooh – fact time, y’all!
    a snow leopard’s tail is almost twice as long as its body – they nom on their tails to keep the cold air and snow out of their face

(*the more you knowwww*)

this (ahem) dog person says yaayyy for working at a big kitty rescue :)

14. Check out the size of those paws! I think they’re bigger than my head.

Also, I think my brain just melted. That is a stunning animal.

15. bookmonstercats says:

Permanent link required.

16. bookmonstercats says:

How could anybody forget? ;)

17. Fird Birfle says:

18. Fird Birfle says:

tracylee — Yo estoy jealous of yer kitty time !!! Please give one or all of them a crazy, unsafe hug & kiss from me.
    — Or whatever method of emotionally *snuggling* them is allowed –

19. Fird Birfle says:

*delighted snerk*

20. Oh, what a beautiful cat :D

21. Gotta leave a plug for the conservation group snowleopard.org — they not only do research on snow leopards in the wild, they also work with local people, e.g. livestock insurance means herders whose animals are killed by snow leopards will be paid so they don’t go out and kill the leopards; and marketing the locals’ crafts in their online store along with stuffed snow leopards (really cute!), t-shirts, etc. I have no connection with them except that I think they’re a great charity.

22. Fleurdamour says:

I chased it for years and finally caught it – now what?

23. look. at. the. size. of. those. paws. yikes. beautiful.

24. “stuffed snow leopards” is one of those trigger phrases, if you’re keeping score. ;)

25. Isn’t this what everyone does with a fluffy feline tail? I know I’ve pseudo-nommed my Lavi’s tail a few billion times.

26. Oh believe me, Fird, as much as I want to give them ALL crazy unsafe hugs & smooches, I can’t.. they get *imaginarily* snuggled every time though.
    In my brain, some are more huggable than others, and our big, blind tiger is the coziest :)

27. Floss yer teef!

28. skippymom says:

Wait–that is your actual job? Is that what you do for a living, or is it a volunteer thing?

29. volunteer thing :)
    (soon-to-be) tour guide (just assisting on them for now), office work, gift shop, etc.

30. YES! The tail-hurting existentialist snow leopard!

31. WOAH!

32. skippymom says:

Super cool. I’m gonna guess you probably don’t hug the binturong.

33. no way jose, those things will rip your face off

34. PS, Tracylee, at the Bronx Zoo, there is a wildly charismatic big boy tiger named Sasha (New York Magazine perennially names him “Best Zoo Animal”). He has a lot of charm, as you can see:

35. they’re not as bad as the kinkajous though, holy heck those things have got some srs claw ackshon – kinks are apparently pretty vio-lent

36. oh! handsome gent!
    he just needs a big ol’ hug around the neck doesn’t he :)

37. skippymom says:

Huh, a kinkajou visited my library once, and I remember him as being pretty friendly.

38. My tail. No touchy!

39. joools in PDX says:

Mine Too!* All hail NTMTOM!
    (*favorite cats, AND favorite post, ever!)

40. joools in PDX says:

A kinkajou bit my sister once… no rilly!

41. That snow leopard is beautiful. Where was this picture taken?

42. bookmonstercats says:

Snerk

43. bookmonstercats says:

There are some seriously cool animals at the Bronx Zoo. I still follow the cobra on Twitter.

44. That pic has been my computer screen for years now. Snow leopards are so beautiful and its great to see one doing something cute.