G’day, Mr. Schnozzle

Introducin’ “Caddy” the wombat.

Caddy has had a rough go of it. His Momma was kilt, leaving him in the good hands of the fine people over at the Warrandyte Wildlife Shelter in Melbourne, Australia.

Thankfully, he seems to have settled in with his Stuffy. Check the Snorfing Act-shons!

Baby wombats like Caddy spend about five (gulp!) months in their mothers’ powsches. Ehn!

Craig Borrow has a nose for news.

Comments

1. How do they not scratch the stuffing out of their mommies?? Maybe the powsches are lined with… what? What could they be lined with that wouldn’t get ripped to shreds by those claws? :)

2. It’s a little early for Wombat Wednesday, dontyathinx?

3. “It’s pronounced ‘Ca-dey'”

dang, you really can apply Mean Girls to everything

4. Kevlar.

5. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

6. WOT A SCHNOZZ

I think even Jimmy Durante (hot-cha-cha) might be embarrassed (sp) with THAT nosicle!!!!

(signed– REALLY)
    something funky is happening with Google/ Word Press. I already signed this page out from this other person’s name into mine but this still shows his. I’m confused.

From Fird Birfle, not the name that shows below.

7. 260Oakley says:

A good Caddy respects his bag!

8. *polite golf clap*

9. Wombats are awesome! I am sad about Caddy’s mom, but at least he is being well cared for. Thanks to all at the Warrandyte Wildlife Center for looking after this little one!

10. It’s NEVER too early for Wombat Wednesday.

CO should be making McKayla happy these days:

11. Gday Little CaDey Mate!. And an extra Boop because that nose just calls out for a boop!

12. herm…. i wondered about that.

13. Wow, is his name Freddy by any chance? Cute but ouch!

14. And an extra snuggle for a sweet baby morsel who lost his mama. Thank heaven for res-cuters, foster mamas and dads, and all manner of kind animal savers. They do the work of the angels.

15. loribelle57 says:

When I saw the second picture, my mental hovertext was “Ta-daaa!”

16. Fird Birfle says:

I PROMISE the ‘pooter was playin’ mind games wit’ me. I think I’ve gotten FARTHER/ more-completely logged-out, now …. using ‘pooters that 150 people share ….I thought it had been cleared/ logged already.

17. Oh my gawd, I never thought I’d say this… but are wombats the new sloths? I didn’t realize baby wompats were so cute! love the little smiles.

18. sigh… wombats* (will I ever leave a comment that is typo free!?)

19. it happens to me, too.

20. I think they *might* be the new sloths. I am completely smitten with these little guys!

21. Fird…what are you dong Fird?

22. augh I mean *doing* … not what I wrote.
    Oy.

23. rescue gal says:

Never as good as the real mama, but at least he/she is living in style. That powsche is the height of wombat fashion. Everyone is jealous.

24. they’re about as unslothy as it gets, though

25. Blue Footed Booby says:

Serious answer: my understanding is the marsupial pouches have a thin mucous lining, like your stomach.

26. Blue Footed Booby says:

Apples and oranges, I think. The wonderful thing about sloths is their constant beatific serenity. Wombats are more cute in the traditional sense, but sloths have personality.

27. I see what you did there! :)

28. skippymom says:

Fird, I think it has something to do with space aliens interfering with the computers.
    Saffron, you didn’t get moderated for that????!!!!!

29. I think we have to write Dogue magazine immediately to tell them wombats are the new sloths for spring [Down Undah, don'tchat know].

30. Fird Birfle says:

sk’mom: that scenario seems quite likely!!!

31. Marjorie Berkowitz says:

Personally, dahling *adjusts cat-eye glasses, drops jacket on admin’s desk like Miranda in “Devil Wears Prada”*, Wombats ARE the new Wombats, not just for spring, but all year long! Sloths are, well, … Sloths.