Tentative Snorfing, Brought to you by Pixar

There is cute, People, and there is Beyond. Please check out this L.B.T. (Little Baby Trunkster) tentatively snorfing some behbeh boids. Yes, another typical day on the African Plains. In the way nature Pixar intended. [facepalm]

WTF, Arbroath!

Comments

1. very cute…

2. Mischief Girl says:

I don’t understand. If this is brought to us by Pixar, does that mean this isn’t real? Sorry I need my hand held here and explained to me.

3. That’s a bird stuck in trunk accident just waiting to happen.

4. He (or she) is just precious! Is that a smile I see?

5. It’s SURREAL, MISCHIEF GIRL! SURREAL!!!

6. Do you think the Trunkster is all: Snorf
    And the baby bird is all: Vrooom! (sucked up into vaacuum trunk)
    and the Trunkster is all: Mmmm, smells birdlicious!

7. Hello! Welcome to Africa. We are not baby birds. We are Cattle Egrets. We like to hang around large herbivores (vegans). When they walk they startle crunchy, tasty, delicious insects which we eat (we’re not vegans).

One of us is using the trunk line to communicate. We’re telling the hefalumps to get moving.

8. EYELASHES!!

9. Hello ?

10. 260Oakley says:

The birds are short because they’ve been trunk-ated.

11. birdcage71 says:

I love Meg’s posts. So full of whimsy. Whimsiful, if you will.

12. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

I believe these are YOUNG Cattle Egrets. If you look at other pictures with adult elephants, you will see that these birds are much larger than this. These birds also look like juveniles.

13. The things we learn on C.O.!

14. Bettymouse says:

Sooo… perhaps this is some sort of Serengeti day care center? Sign me up!

15. ScoutsMom says:

Pic 2: Baby elephant with lump inside of truck from snorfling up birdy. Pic 3: Baby elephant up in air from sneezing birdy out of trunk. Think maybe I watched too many cartoons as a kid?

16. 4leafclover says:

How precious is this photo!! I love eet!!

17. Fird Birfle says:

*ah crap. I can’t wait for no dang aeroplane to tek me there.*

*begins walking toward the African Plains, to find this particular spot, this particular bebbeh and these particular boids*

18. Fird Birfle says:

To ^oo^ (and to anybody else reading this part of comments thread)

Hello! Welcome to Florida. We have some similar white boids, including some egrets, here, as well. I think some of them have conversations, with gators who are not particularly hungry.

Cattle Egret – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_Egret
    The Cattle Egret (Bubulcus ibis) is a cosmopolitan species of heron (family ….
    bred in Florida in 1953, and spread rapidly, breeding for the first time in Canada ..

PS: the part which amazes me, is that they wander about really yucky/ mucky, brackish, semi-swampish water yet stay as blindingly shiny-white as though just out of a bleach wash or sewn with silk white embroidery thread.

19. Well I don’t know about anyone else but as soon as I saw tyhis a big ol Grin snuck onto my face!

20. The problem here Fird Birfle, is that Florida does NOT have the cute little baby elephants to go with the white boids. If it did, I would not have moved.

21. Baby heffalumps are the best!!!

22. Fird Birfle says:

ah, okay !!!

*begins searching the innernets to see, where in Fla (the zoos perhaps? Busch Gardens in Tampa/ St. Pete??) there might be a bebbeh grey trunkie-kid*

23. Loving baby elephants. I saw THIS recently too – http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=515331191815684&set=a.338294189519386.105265.338280396187432&type=1&theater
    it’s worth the click!!

24. You can see them at Busch and here at Animal Kingdom Safari. On good days, they play in the pool that is supposed to act as a divider to keep them out of the road! Yes, the birds are around, too.

25. Agreed. They might be my very favorite thing in the universe.

26. Heffalumps and boidies!!! Firdie waif for me!!! I want to go too!

27. Fird Birfle says:

– lowers a couple of stair steps from the railroad car ….

(I WAS walking…but then the train was going the same way…)