Onassis Glasses Overload

Honey, these sunglasses weigh more than I do!

Oh Webstagram.

1. For the love of everything,

2. That was my first reaction: Where’s the tongue-hance???

3. And yet…STILL no tongue-hance! *pouts at being ignored*

4. *chanting* Tongue-hance, tongue-hance, tongue-hance! *waves signs vigorously*

5. Fird Birfle says:

picks up pompoms & waves THEM vigorously, as well :)

Also: “BOOP” on da NOSIE!!!

6. Fird Birfle says:

(a slightly relevant tangential bit of trivia to Kar:

Earlier this month, for the first time, I heard some scrap about the origins of the phrase “for Pete(r)’s sake” …… Supposedly, one of Michelangelo’s patrons was griping or asking when the ________ — possibly ceiling/ Sistine chapel but maybe not — would be FINISHED ….. and that M. responded/ writing, saying “For Saint Peter’s sake, please send further supplies “/ payment/ paint…something along those lines. My story is a bit ragged-edged, but you get the idea.)

Still a “Recovering Ex-Catholic” :)

7. I’m a reformed fundamentalist Southern Baptist. I understand.

8. A recovering alcoholic is someone who tries not to drink any more. By “recovering ex-Catholic,” do you mean you’re trying not to be an ex-Catholic anymore?

9. Fird Birfle says:

The wording is from a fellow who was performing an autobiographical and comedy bit I saw some years ago in Tampa Fla. He had actually gone to seminary and everything but decided not to become a priest. (incidentally he still is in the performance fields: he had a tiny bit part in the Princess Diaries first film)

In his use, it refers, to living as an adult who has decided to let go of some of the more-extreme guilt-inducing beliefs held in the strictest Catholic households… where even if you yourself didn’t DO something Bad, you “should” feel guilty if you didn’t PREVENT somebody doing it, etc, etc.

I still hold a lot of the Catholic SOCIAL values and most of the rules; but I’m a bit less-self-accusatory than I was as a child.

10. I love etymology.

11. Fird Birfle says:

me too-hoo !!! :)

12. Are there even ears on this thing to hold up the glasses???? It appear the nose is doing all the work….

13. Fird Birfle says:

a good and a fair point of logic, this.

14. Plink! Plink! Schnuffle.

15. Oh cut it out!! That perfect little face and that TONGUE!! SQUEE!!

16. hockeyplayah says: