Oh Gawd, It’s Aunt Doris

(First, it’ll be the chin scratch — yep, there it is — to be followed by the painful cheek pinch and the cooing of “Have you been a good girl, Beatrice?”)

It’s a baby dik-dik borned at the Chester Zoo. Story, mo’ pitchas here.

1. 260Oakley says:

The Chester Zoo is obviously ruled by a dik-dik-tatorship.

2. Hey, watch it about Aunt Dorises. I’m an Aunt Theresa, after all. :P

3. Queen of Dork says:

I LOVE it! My mom’s name was Doris so she was Aunt Doris to many, many nieces and nephews! Hooray for Aunt Doris!

4. *waving pompoms* Dor-is! Dor-is! Dor-is!

5. So: face of an owl + mohawk + bun ears + capybara rump + twiglet legs of a fawn = dikdik
    Auntie-Lope, I get it . . .

6. Here’re more recent pics, peeps: plink plink! and plbblblt!:
    Dik Dik
    Dik Dik

7. I’m lovin’ the behbeh’s faux-hawk in Picture #2.

8. loribelle57 says:

He’s a misunderstood teenager in those pictures!

9. YEYY so Qte and I’m going there in 3 weeks XD

10. my very favorite Auntie was a Doris :)
    and I think little dik-diklet makes a very good Beatrice

Also – I was in an airport this afternoon and saw that someone had put a Hello Kitty sticker on the defibrillator machine in the terminal. Made. My. Day. Was that done by one of y’all??

11. emmberrann says:

Ah. Lurv.Eet.

12. PuhLEASE, some CO’er, and we are Legion, post that pic!

13. Fird Birfle says:

OHMAHGAWHD an ACTUAL HK (on a defibrillatorthingamajigg)????

14. Ok, this is cute but I think I still prefer the desktop model.

15. No use of the dik dik tag?

16. Just the right size for my desktop – that must be the one I ordered!

17. Fird Birfle says:

1: a cynical personality in a dik-dik is an unthought-of juxtaposition for me.

2: wow now THAT is one (cough) HEALTHY, PLUMP lil gal (the dik-dik not the human connected to the hand) there!!! No impending starvayshe, on that lil one!!!

18. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Huge fuzzy ball on toothpick legs…

19. Fird Birfle says:

20. BethanyAnne says:

All I do now … is Dik Dik around.