(Very) Happy Dance!

Turn up the speakers to get some Quality Honking Action:

Video by PacoKart9000, easily the best YouTube ID we’ve seen today.

Comments

1. What kind of duck is this (besides a dancing one)?

2. I heard a Mexican Honk Dance: da da da, da da da, da DUM!

3. Mrs Psmith says:

there is a rule on the interwebs: all these ducks are geese. This one seems to be a bar-headed goose

4. Paging Dr Pavlov. Dr Pavlov to the white courtesy duck. Goose. Whatever.

5. Where in the world is this filmed? Among the speakers I can recognize (in that order) Russian, English and Finnish…

6. 260Oakley says:

The ladies go wild when Senor Goosetavo, world famous Flapmenco artist, shakes his tail feather.

7. This reminds me of the kibble dancer.

8. Hold me closer kibble dancer
    Count the morsels on the throw rug
    Lay me down in piles of dog fur (them corgi’s shed like a BEAST!!)
    Ya had a frenzied dance today

9. Top quality goosage here! He’s so happy I’d swear he just scored a touchdown!

10. Tracy Garloff says:

It’s Happy Feet! :)

11. You can honk, you can jive, eating the noms of your life
    See those wings, watch them flap, diggin’ the Dancing Geese!

12. Looks like Tony’s gonna take over the whole dance floor again

13. I was about to say it’s Lord of the Dance!- Geese style…featuring Michael Gosling??
    Does that even work? I’m horrible at puns.

14. That should be Michael Flapley.

15. Encore presentayshe!!!!!!

16. Duck, duck, goose. Silly goose.

17. Fird Birfle says:

YAY Saffron and ABBA and geese!!!

18. Fird Birfle says:

hopefully this is the right clip (the computers avail here in the computer lab from these apts don’t have compatibility with the newest Adobe, so I can’t screen it first ….)

19. i’m so happy i’m so happy i’m so happy!

20. phred's mom says:

You got it right!

21. I believe that dancing is something water fowl do in shallow water to flush edible things out of the muck.

22. Its the happy food dance!!

23. Had to watch it again because I only paid attention to the goose and not the speakers on the first run, and you’re right, there’s at least Russian, English and Finnish spoken there. The funny thing is, the English and Finnish speakers are talking to each other – the woman speaking in Finnish is saying “go on, take some video footage” to which the man replies in English “nah, I don’t want to”.

24. *doing the Happy Dancing Queen dance*

25. bookmonstercats says:

And the crowd goes wild…

26. bookmonstercats says:

I wondered whether M’sieu Goose was dancing to mimic rain and bring worms up, like landlubber birds do, but do geese eat worms? I s’pose they eat anything.

27. lisaLassie says:

I want to know exactly what the duck is going on here with the geese?

28. *clap clap clap* Thanks Leilani. I knew SOMEONE would fix it :)

29. Fird Birfle says:

*giggling at the ersatz cursing*

30. Blue Footed Booby says:

I love the slappa-slappa noise his feet make.

31. It’s suppertime! It’s suppertime! It’s suppertime! It’s suppertime! It’s suppertime!

32. I agree, I love the feet slapping

33. As previously noted it’ a goose. They do that stomping in muddy/swampy water to stir up food, still I’ve never seen one do it on solid land like that before it so looks like it’s tap dancing.

34. Geese are such funny creatures. The only birds I know that can have a perfectly lovely pond to swim in, but the minute there are puddles in the parking lot next to the pond…they gather there and sit.
    Love the slap slap slap of the feet. Happy happy happy.

35. Fird Birfle says:

mplsdeb, might I add one element to your concluding phrase?

“joy joy joy”

(ie “happy happy joy joy”)

36. Fird Birfle says:

37. Fird Birfle says:

yay for peeps who enjoy languages like I do. I just took a bit of the German & Russian ,,,,if I’d had endless time and funds for coursework,
    I *GLADLY* woulda coulda shoulda taken another elebenty fourteen other languages also.

Truthiness: I wuz skeered tuh try tuh lairn Chinese ‘cuz I haird it is darned difficult for most Westerners, and takes about four centuries to learn all the subtleties of gender, honorifics, two different writing styles (or is that Japanese?), etc etc …