Kitibank

Making deposits is fast and easy with Kitibank. We have more convenient ATM* locations all over town, open 24 hours (excluding litter box breaks).

* Adorable Token Manipulator

Comments

1. My oldest brother had a toy bank like this with a skeletal hand that terrified and terrorised me: this furry version is far cuterer, even if it is pointy.

2. 4leafclover says:

Now try making a withdrawal! Kitteh is rich!!

3. Sign me up as the first customer! Oh wait – I guess second, since kitteh has already taken deposits from the video operator there. :)

4. loribelle says:

I love the view of the pink nosey through the “deposit” opening!

5. I loved that, too. I guess that’s how you know that window is working!

6. I’d be breaking into that ATM, but not for the money! XD

7. Instead of spending money on cat toys that will be ignored, I guess it is easier just to give them the cash to buy what they want themselves. :)

8. Once again, the Japanese have out-cuted us. :)

9. Whee! I understood some of that. She was naming the types of yen coins she was placing down.

10. Awwww….I love it! Now, wonder if he/she will spend it all in one place?

11. SlaveToCat says:

Please deposit another 10 yen to continue your kitty snorgle. Please deposit another 10 yen to continue your kitty snorgle or you will be cut off. Please deposit another ching cling ring cling clank thunk. purrrr purrr purrr purrrr…..

12. Coins check in — but they don’t check out!

13. <andyrooney>You ever notice how you hardly ever see public pay kitties anymore? Nowadays, everybody carries their own cellular kitties…</andyrooney>

14. Cellular kitties? C’mon…I’ve moved on to an iKitty.

15. skippymom says:

hahahahahahahhahahahhaha

16. skippymom says:

I still only use a land kitty.

17. this video was adorable!! i want to go after both of them with a pair of nail clippers though, yowsa.

18. skippymom says:

I am SO going to make one of these banks tonight, and put Francesco to work as the teller.

19. skippymom says:

I have to trim claws tonight. Right after I clean the poop off the floor. Do other people do fun things on Friday nights?

20. Well, I clean up poop and pee on the floor every day, so Friday nights are not too special to me…

21. skippymom says:

Based on what I learned yesterday (see comment at end of penguin post below), I guess we’re lucky we don’t have pet penguins.

22. fleurdamour says:

The litter boxes are run through a spinoff company – Shitibank.

23. fleurdamour says:

Yes, there is a claws in the account contract about that.

24. Standing O!

25. You can’t fool me– there ain’t no sanity claws. :P

26. HAW

27. Fird Birfle says:

Joins the Standing Ovayshon.

28. Fird Birfle says:

In a related story: I love how the pink nose contemplates the offered coin, for awhile, before snatching it for deposit. Prolly waiting to see if it’s a counterfeit token or a good one…

29. Emmberrann says:

Twue, dat.

30. Fird Birfle says:

I heard Groucho Marx stole that line from you, Theresa :)

31. Emmberrann says:

I’ll bet Francesco will have a thought or two about that, sm! Just watch out(ch) for the clawses in his contract!

32. I hope they don’t charge a fee for using this teller, because I’d be at this window all day long.

33. skippymom says:

Theresa, I watched this video, assuming that at some point the penguin would poop. If he did, I didn’t notice it. He’s super cute, but where is the POOP??

34. “I’d like to make a deposi— okay, then.”

35. Haha! This reminds me of the Kitty Coin Bank on ThinkGeek.com

36. HAHAHAAHHAA…

37. skippymom says:

Hey, watch your language, you #&&$#&$#&*%**%$!!!

38. I can’t believe that made it through the mod machine, when p*ppy gets trapped!

39. Norbertsmom says:

Me too.

40. skippymom says:

No shit.

41. fleurdamour, I happen to work for the company that sources dog and kitty treats: Chase (Your Tail) Bank!

42. skippymom says:

I just did a test of that word without the “ibank” part, and I am indeed in the mod lounge. Wonder what’s on for snacks….

43. lol… I can just imagine Sharpy’s reaction to that comment. She must think we’re all nuts. I’m having some chips ahoy right now, would you like one?

44. skippymom says:

Huh? What? Who?

45. Wow… time warp!

46. skippymom says:

Sharpy? Think we’re all nuts? NAAAAAAAWWWW.

47. LakotaWolf says:

This HAS to be Maru’s cousin. Their colors and markings are similar, and the love of boxes must be genetic!

48. Chico, if you please. :D

49. fish eye no miko says:

Actually, Chico Marx was the one who said that line… Groucho said the set-up line… (-:

50. fleurdamour says:

I did get put in mod limbo for a while, maybe I made them laugh.

51. The Original Jane says:

Yes, human lady needs a manicure – stat!

52. Fird Birfle says:

Well, skippymom, since today is Frieday …. try some of these, if you like

(PS: the peeps who uploaded the image claim it’s seafood but as far as I’m concerned, it might just as well be onyon ring-y-ding-ies!!!!) :)

53. Fird Birfle says:

poor skippymom!! all that anticipation for….well….you know ….

54. Fird Birfle says:

I knew that all along. I was only testing you both!!! ;)

Signed,
    Yeah! THAT’s the ticket ….
    alias “Shifty eyes”

55. Fird Birfle says:

The first time I scrolled the video, this compooter was not allowing the vid to screen smoothly. Just now I was able to watch the entire video smoothly, and I agree with you he/she DOES resemble Maru (Colors, beefy build, etc) ….cuteness…

56. smallthunder says:

A fine example of Life Imitating Art.

57. Could you please translate that for the rest of us, JenDeyan? :D

58. Where can I get a kitty bank like that? :D

59. JohnnyJohnny says:

Funny unrelated story, when I worked in tech support, I had a client named Sandy Claus. I asked for a special x-mas present but I never got it.

60. Plus the behavior that the penguin videographer captured was sexual behavior. And trust me, when a penguin poops, you KNOW IT. The fish going in just “improves” before it exits. I.E. gets MORE smelly and generally disgusting. They are cute, though.

61. She said his paws moved fast when it was a 500 yen coin (more value) but that any coin was fine…and also when he slowly and deliberately took a 10-yen coin, the caption said, “Oh, he’s greedy/full of avarice”. and at the end, the caption was “I made a lot of money today, too!”

62. I have a lap top AND a desk top kitty

63. Poor baby looks like he was trying to FLY. Someone needs to break it to him gently!

64. victoreia says:

*snerk*

65. Thanks Tay, I’m so glad you sent this in, because I HAVE this coin bank, but could not find the video quickly enough !

66. Fird Birfle says:

wow 8-O
    Even to the point of the kitty being inside a box with Japanese printing on it.
    Quite a match. Perhaps the human in the video HAZ the mechanical bank version.

67. Fird Birfle says:

For one ALMOST like the one in the vid, see Tay’s link, above, Aug 17th, 11-ish time stamp!! approx $30 and two kitty-color choices listed ….

68. It’s delightful games like this that makes me miss having a cat SO MUCH.

69. Awesome, thank you

70. Fird Birfle says:

*shaking pompoms, in appreciation for JenDeyan’s translation of the Japanese*

71. Fird Birfle says:

72. Queen of Dork says:

I would like to switch banks, please. I would like to transfer all of my money from ———– Bank to Kitibank so that I can have such furry, clawfully delightful experiences when I make a deposit.

73. That’s hilarious! It must’ve inspired this: Itazura Coin Bank

74. smallthunder says:

Oh My God! Check out the Itazura food-frantic doggie bank! I can’t figure out which one I want more …

75. Aieeee! [cough] I mean, yep ;-)
    His was a glow-in-the-dark ‘real’ skeletal hand, and the money box was a coffin.
    Amazing how seeing that brought back the memory of the ‘rrr rrr rrr’ grind of the wind-up motor.

76. Oceanview says:

Ohmigosh, as a kid I had a doggie coin bank. The dog was in a doghouse and stuck out its tongue on which I placed the coin. Talk about memory lane.