Casper the Friendly Toast

Casper the Friendly Toast, the friendliest toast you know,
Whether topped with ham or a schmear of jam, the noshers all love him so

The only thing he needs is a toaster to be cute in
He’s got no caraway seeds, just a grainy grin that’s free of gluten

Wake up for breakfast time, the meal that you love the most,
He’ll say thanks a bunch if you’d care to munch on Casper the Friendly Toast!

Pass the butter, DayTripper (For those who don’t know the tune, click here.)

Comments

1. A lovely way to start the day, NOMTOM. Thanks!

2. Ah, fond memories of Caspar… they don’t make cartoons like that any more… [creaking sounds as I get up out of my rocker]

3. 260Oakley says:

Ah, the ghost of Carb-mass Past, why must you continue to haunt me???

4. If I eat him for breakfast, will he disappear forever?

5. Heavens, no! Casper represents the eternal spirit of breakfasthood, and his cheerful, “can do” optimism will live forever in our hearts and minds… and thighs.

6. SlaveToCat says:

OMG Cute Overload ran out of Cute critters to post.
    The end must be near.

7. Heee…I remember this cartoon as well but it scared the cr*p out of me.
    And let’s not even talk about how frightening Dark Shadows was….
    I was not a smart child. :)

8. 260Oakley says:

Beware the Wicked Witch of the Yeast!

9. Nah, it’s a testiment to Mike’s ability to find the cute, and then spin a yarn worthy of a coffee table book.

10. fleurdamour says:

You’ve heard the term “carb conscious” – well, this appears to be a conscious carb.

11. fleurdamour says:

And he’s best served with a side of egg-toplasm.

12. Yuk yolk.

13. Did I hear someone say something a coffee table book???

14. Mary (the first) says:

Many of us have lobbied for a coffee table book, but to my knowledge no one has offered to create one.. :(

15. skippymom says:

A really good piece of toast is the world’s most perfect food.

16. Agrees:

17. Somehow I’m fixated on the old Goldfish cracker jingle: “the snack that smiles back . . . until you bite the head off!”

18. DaChickenLady says:

Thanks, NTMTOM! This put a big smile on my face.

19. Yes, sir, i like it.

20. Didn’t someone see a picture of the Virgin Mary in a piece of toast in Brazil?

21. Well, shoot, I’m certain that many here would volunteer to be the creativity team as long as Meg gets a publishing deal! Right, peeps?

22. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

NTMTOM, you are the master.

Check these out while you can.

23. Cat Lover says:

This doesn’t have fur, I don’t need to see it.

24. bookmonstercats says:

Cute Overload Publishing Inc??

We’ll all pull our weight (considerably increased if we keep eating Casper for breakfast)

25. bookmonstercats says:

They did, Angel. However, whilst you are getting hungry, waiting for Her to manifest Herself at your breakfast table, here’s something to keep you going

26. luvstehQte says:

careful there Oak–that COULD refer to something else. Something definitely UN-qte. *shifty eyes*

27. *rolls toast all over my carpet and hands it back*

There you go.

28. There really should be some kind of international prize for Puns and Wordplay. Casper the Friendly Toast (and NOMTOM) would win. i bow to this example of genius.

29. skippymom says:

*SNORT*

30. I have something in the back of my refrigerator with fur growing on it, if anybody would like a look…

31. I had to move my stove once and I was shocked that, with all the cat hair back there, spontaneous combustion had not happened!

32. bob drummond says:

No thankyou Mike , I’ll just take your word on it !!!

33. bob drummond says:

We’re not worthy
    we’re not worthy
    we’re not…OUCH ! WHO HIT ME ???