Clippety-Clop Cookie Dough?

There should be an ice cream flavor named after these guys.

You ice-cream lovers got any ideas? I’ll get the spoons!

Thanks for the 2 scoops of Appaloosa, Robot. Photo by Olga Itina.

Comments

1. Double vanilla with caramel chippies

2. NurseNoir says:

Rohan Ripple!
    What pretty babies.

3. Scoop-aloosa!

4. fleurdamour says:

Chocolate chipaloosa

5. fleurdamour says:

Or Boston cream piebald

6. Hasufel and Arod?

7. 260Oakley says:

I prefer Saddle Sore-bet. It has fewer calories than foal-fat ice cream.

8. One with caramel and one with chocolate chippies. But they need to be careful they don’t trip on the rocky road.

9. I have never seen such freckly horses in my life. I assume they’re siblings?

10. I’m not one to scream ponies, but OMG PONIES!!1!!!

11. Wither anyone else agrees, Oakley is the best punster, barn none.

12. Ponies ‘n Cream!

13. chocolate and caramel kisses

14. What a lovely photo, with the serene backgound colors accenting the pink nosies…

15. 260Oakley says:

Hay, you’re not so bad yourself, trixandsam. ;)

16. All for pun and pun for ALL!

17. Neappaloosapolitan: dibs on the choco stripes!

18. Fleurdamour says:

Hey, how about Chippety-Clop?

19. skippymom says:

I’d call it Pony Potpourri.

20. it’s stracciatella for sure!

21. Somehow, pony chip swirl doesn’t sound very appetizing, does it?

22. lmao Rohan Ripple :) sign me up for a gallon!

23. meltinsmush says:

Nougat Nuzzle!

24. Thank you Oak, but I have to work at it, and hard. I think Punglish is your native language.

25. Should I be worried that I not only get NurseNoir’s joke but Saffron’s response? I even know the names of the swords in LOTR.

26. :) No worry at all!
    As I am not worried that I cried when I first saw the trailer for the new Hobbit movie.

27. Punglish! Now THAT is inspired.

28. I am in awe at all the creative Peeps here at CO. Come for the photos; stay for the comments.

29. Fird Birfle says:

OMGPONIES!!!!!

30. Fird Birfle says:

Polka Dot Piebald Ponies.

31. Mmmmm they look delicious!

32. Appy Chip

33. Are their names Ben & Jerry? harr harr

34. Beautiful! I opt for “Nougella”.. –> Nougat & Stracciatella

35. doomchild says:

Why do my eyes get all watery when I see something overwhelmingly cute like this?

And Scout C, no, “pony chip swirl” does not sound appetizing. But how about a scoop of “OMG ponies!!11!”?

36. Fird Birfle says:

That’s Pretty Darn Good.

37. Fleurdamour says:

If those brown speckles were chestnuts, we could call it Pony Marroney.

38. Yummmm, love the flecks of toffee crunch.

39. Fird Birfle says:

FWIW, (and only directed at those who are not saturated with All Knowledge Equine as I attempted to be, as a Young Homo Sapiens)…

there is a color which on a horse, is *called* Roan. And the rather cinnamon spots of
    the horse to the right, are in that color!!!

(hmmmmm…I never looked at the SOURCE/etymology of the term “roan”. Off I go to dictionary-ish websites to see….)

40. For those of you who were like me and suddenly wondered about the etymology of the word roan, here it is: 1520s, from M.Fr. roan “reddish brown,” perhaps from Sp. roano, from O.Sp. raudano, probably from a Germanic source (cf. Gothic raudan, accusative of rauðs “red”).

Source: http://www.etymonline.com/