HEY YOU GUYS!

Could you cover me, please?

Miriam and Anne say, “When we heard that NYC has so much overcrowding of adoptable animals that they euthanize up to one hundred a day, we decided to go rescue some kittens. We ended up with ten foster kittens! They are bottle fed and burped!”

Comments

1. Emmberrann says:

Miriam and Anne, you deserve our admiration for being so dedicated. Yay and pompoms on you! It would seem that with ten bebehs to feed, burp, and massage, you would no sooner be finished with one round than you would have to begin the next! I for one am grateful for your loving care of dees bebehs. How old is this bunch? This one is so teeny it doesn’t even have milk teeth or open eyes yet, but I betcha it can make noise!

2. Mary (the first) says:

omg so sweet!

3. Ditto – hooray for adopting! You guys rock! :)

4. sabrina rose says:

What good-hearted people to rescue the little bebehs in New York. OMG – 100 deaths a day!!! Maybe next time some people could consider taking in a few older pets, too. Think how those unwanted animals must feel: Always passed over. For years, when I have time and space, I’ve cruised various shelters, offering to foster or adopt the old, unattractive animals, or ones with treatable medical conditions. (I’m retired, no grandkids so it’s not hard on me.) The pets are filled with joy at going to a good home and I love watching them gain health and confidence and happiness.
    Off my soapbox now – thanks for reading!

5. I just want to say how great I think you are for opening up your home and heart to animals that otherwise would be killed.

6. we are kindred spirits. thanks for helping this seemingly unending situation. you would think, as a society, we could at least get the pet situation under control.

7. This one goes to eleven.

8. Aww, sweet kitty morsel.

9. BTW, check out those kitten needles! Ouchouchouchouch!

10. Rita Moreno?

11. Sabrina, it’s the same with the tiny orphans as it is with the older cats. As soon as the shelter gets them in, they are euthanized because there is nobody to do the bottle feedings every two hours. That’s why I took such young ones, because I have the time and wanted to give them a chance.

12. AWW :D I am so glad to hear that you are taking good care of those ten baby kittens, Miriam and Anne :D

13. Off topic- This is about the kitties I asked for help with in the post about the man and the bear.
    I found a no kill shelter in Rochester NY to take the Momma kitty and her babies from my vacation cottage here in Canandaigua. Momma and the five babies were picked up earlier by the volunteers and they will go to a foster home until the babies are old enough for the various tests to determine if they are free of FELV and of course weaned. After that they will go to foster homes and hopefully to be adopted to their forever homes. The volunteers said that all five babbehs were girls and they were 4 weeks old not 5 five weeks.
    There are a ton of momma and baby kittehs here in the Rochester area. I want to thank those who volunteer their hearts, homes and time to dogs and cats who need a home and some care. You guys rock. Also to those who donate moneys to care for animals who need medical care. Thanks a bunch you guys and girls.

14. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

Bless you for caring for these babies!

15. I’ve been very busy and haven’t had time to comment lately but I just want to say I’m so very happy that you found a no kill shelter for the mom and her babies.

16. Thank you for the update Roisin and for you taking time from your vacation to take care of this sweet family.

very ResQte

17. Careful guys. If the others looked anything like this little one, I’d end up with ten new permanent overlords.

18. Why, why, WHY can’t people spay and neuter their pets?! Thank you to everyone who takes on the responsibility of fostering/adopting shelter animals. It makes me heart-sick to think of all those needless deaths.
    Little kittayn is all strayyyyytch! Keeses to the leetle dear nose!

19. LakotaWolf says:

I wonder if my 14-year-old senior kitizen would accept foster baby sisters/brothers ;}

When you foster kittens from a shelter/humane society, is it basically up to you to find them good homes once they’re old enough, or do some shelters help you with resources?

20. Miriam, Anne, Sabrina Rose, Roisin… my new heroes. Thank you for making a difference to so many needy furkids. *hugs* I myself have a special weakness for the older ones – I’ve adopted several and I’m here to tell you they make the most wonderful pets imaginable.

A lot of people used to make fun of Bob Barker when he said, “Spay and neuter your pets, spay and neuter your pets.” But man, was he right! There is just no excuse for this proliferation of unwanted kitlets and puplets.

21. Thank you all so much for your support and words of kindness and encouragement. I’ve posted additional photos of some of the rescue kittens just for Cute Overload viewers.

22. Norbertsmom says:

Double Ditto :0)

23. I don’t have the words to describe how I’m feeling – if only there were more angels like Miriam and Anne to help the furry guys. I’m allergic to cats but love them so much, I’m going to stop whining and start doing. You inspired me to foster!

BTW: the little black dude, face first in his food dish? Awesome.

24. TINEE TABBEE TONSILS

25. Behbeh kittens have to be burped? That’s awesome.

26. :)

27. Well said Rachael! I AGREE!!!

and…straaaaaayche :)

28. I thought the same. Not to be confused with Rita from “Animaniacs.”

29. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

Having hand-raised a bottle baby, I can assure you that they do. It’s accomplished by gentle taps, not so much patting on the back like you do with a baby human, and it’s the tiniest little burp, but they definitely do have to be burped!

30. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

P.S. Said bottle baby is in my avatar picture, and is now 5 years old and quite the character.

31. That is great news, Roisin :D I am so glad you were able to find people to take care of mommy cat and her five babies :D

32. AWW :D How old was your bottle baby when you found him/her, noellesbootcutkittenpants? :D He/she is a real cutie :D

33. I want, want, want that first bebbie, the grey/gold one. the look on his/her face is afraid, then you see the tentative, hopeful smile.

I’m on vacation soon, so I’ll just drive up from Florida and pick her/him up. Okay?

I’m tearing up here.

34. Same here, Kar :D I would adopt all ten kitties if I could :D

35. I noticed you\’re using Feline Pine – I have a 40 lb bag (unopened) we purchased before we lost our kitty, and it looks like you could use some for all your kittens. I\’d be happy to donate it if you want it.

If so, please let me know (text-only: 585.204.0352) and we can work out a way to get it from me to you (I\’m in NYC as well)

36. 10 is a good number :)

37. Debbie you are so generous and I’m so sorry for the loss of your kitty! The detail not mentioned is that Anne and I live in DC so when we decided “to go rescue some kittens” we actually drove up to NYC from DC. Would you be willing to donate the kitty litter to the rescue group we work with? I’d love to put you in touch to the head of it directly. She always needs supplies and would be most grateful! Thank you so much. And if you’re ever ready, she can help you adopt a new furkid.

38. Fird Birfle says: