THIS JUST IN: Momma Rescutes Pups from Fire!

According to widespread reports, this mommeh rescued her little guys from a house fire in Santa Rosa de Temuco, Chile, then took them to a fire truck for safe-keepingks. Ahn! [head tilt]

Don’t miss more detail on the hover texts:

Comments

1. So sorry to hear about the fire, but happy that Mom and pups are okay. Yay for mothers!

2. When you are assaulted by the nearly daily reports of bad parents (although they are, obviously, a tiny minority), it’s sobering to see a dog, simply a dog (and I don’t mean that in a bad way, at all) , treat her tiny progeny with such care and be full of such grace… It bolsters my faith in this world.

We never get news stories about terrific parents (of which there are, literally, billions), only the bad ones. Stories like this just warm my oft-jaded heart and for that I am deeply appreciative of the whole CO staff.

There is PLENTY of good in this old world. Most news sources do not want to report it because it is not sensational enough and won’t get the clicks that the awful ones do. I am so thankful that CO exists for those of us who are easily depressed by the bad things.

The world IS a beautiful place. We just need to stop looking only in the wrong places. We need to stop letting the few bad things overshadow all of the wonderful people, animals, events, places…

Also, the first two photos, baby on the far right is saying: “ennnnh”! :D

3. tommygirl says:

What a wonderful mother!

4. kibblenibble says:

Well said, Mamabear. :-)

5. Such a brave dog! You know she had to go back in several times to get all the puppies. I’m sad to hear that one didn’t make it, but I hope the rest will all be okay.

6. 4leafclover says:

Hear hear!!

7. Here is a linky to heartwarming story about human and doggeh. Read the whole article and you will see hos=w people are reaching out to help this wonderful doggeh owner care for his friend. And it has possibly the best picture you will evar see….

Story is both happy and sad because doggeh is old and near his end of days but story of his human and the people helping him are AWESOME.

8. LoveTheBeasts says:

Hear hear hear! Who says people don’t want to hear heart warming stories of goodness? Look at how popular Cuteoverload is. That’ll tell you something right there. Maybe if there were better news reported more often, than that good news might start to dilute the bad to the point where the bad doesn’t have enough energy left to thrive. Its a thought.

9. doomchild says:

Maybe if I was still a child, I wouldn’t be ashamed for crying at news like this. So touching and inspiring! Even though poor Amparo was lost, the caring mommy carried 9 pups away from a certain death.

Humans, however chivalrous or brave, will never ever be as perfect as a single dog in all its devotion and sincerity,

10. Mamabear I’m voting for you for President!

11. Queen of Dork says:

Sigh. You said it well, Mammabear. I feel so incredibly happy about this story. It’s beyond belief.

12. I think that picture needs to go up on CO, because there’s really nothing lovelier than the devotion between those best friends. Motion to post!

13. I think I’m gonna cry.

14. Queen of Dork says:

I just showed this to my daughter Princess of Dork. I’m so blown away by this and so is she. She said this mommy dog is a total hero! She is indeed. PoD said she should receive some sort of medal or at least an extra treat of some sort. How lovely. How beautiful!

15. oh what a good girl!
    smart little perrita!

16. That thud that you just heard was the firemen falling over from the cute. Oxygen stat!!!

17. Done!

18. I think I just did. Moms are the best.

19. That she knew to take them to the fire truck, that that strange huge “thing” was the safe place, that is what blows me away….

20. SlaveToCat says:

Leaves a pallet of Kleenex in mod lounge.

21. Thank you. (sniffles). Might need another….

22. kibblenibble says:

belphebe, There is a childrens’ book called “The Bravest Cat: The True Story of Scarlett” about a cat who did the exact same thing. I read it to my first grade students every year, and we all end up crying a bit. I tell them that a mom will do anything for her babies. Here’s a link to the book:

23. Southern Fried Pugs says:

Amen, Mamabear. If it bleeds, it leads. Unfortunately, that prurient sensationalism has even taken over non-news television as well. I heard on NPR that the season of the Real Housewives of Somewhere after a husband committed suicide was the highest rated. So sad that what entertains the masses is so pitiful. Thank Pug for Cute Overload where chihuahuas do not toss tables during a tantrum. Give me a story of a wallaby and a wombat in the same pouch over any reality show any day.

24. Right on!

25. Same here, nancy :)

26. Thanks for the link, kibblenibble. I’ll have to check that book out.

27. I read this story on an Argentinian newspaper. It said that after the puppehs were taken to the vet the mamma was more preoccupied for the one that didn’t make it in the end than the others whioo were fine.
    The brave goggie’s name’s Amanda – Lating for “She who must be loved”.

28. RoadRunner says:

Well said. So glad others feel the way I do!

29. sarakenobi says:

one of the puppies died of severe burns.

30. indeed.

31. What a sweet Mama. Glad that she was at least able to save some of them, but not for lack of effort or heroics on her part. *sneef sneef*

32. I want to scoop them up – mama and babies – into my arms and just hug the stuffing out of them all. I’m not surprised that mama goggie did this but at the same time, I am amazed. Ya know what I mean?

33. Seconded!

34. This killed me.

35. Yes, very well said. And so true about animals. Humans could learn so much from animals.