Mini Threatdown

You may have seen them around.

Spotting a threat can be a difficult task.

Take them seriously! If you know what’s good for you…

Contact may cause serious personal squeeing.

The world just got a little more squeeeee-ier.

Another hum-dinger from Ant! The back-story is this tiny flyer survived an impact, with help from a human friend and a dog.
Peeps, do you see the dog?!

1. Fird Birfle says:

To quote one of the Tags: “Wot tha’ — I don’t even — ” 8-O

Ahhhh les couleurs!!!

2. skippymom says:

Hey! Was this posted just to make fun of me? I resemble that.

3. Yes. No. Maybee-hee-hee.

4. skippymom says:

*shaking fist and pouting*

5. Fird Birfle says:

*assist with pouting*

6. Now, would your friends here do something like that??? [shifty eyes]

7. Eeeeek! EEEEEEEEEEK! EeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEEEeeeKKK!

8. Dog snoz in lower right corner of pic 1?

9. bookmonstercats says:

I didn’t spot it at first, for the matchingks.

10. BTW, yes, I see the goggie-schnozz, in the lower right of the top pic. :D

11. PPS: This is a li’l male ruby-throated hummingbird. :D

12. PPPS: Isn’t he hilarious-looking, head-on? :lol:

13. 6rabbits says:

Head-on he SO does not look like a hummingbird–the beak is totally lost! He looks so prosh sitting on that chair!

14. skippymom says:

Not so hilarious when he’s attacking you.

15. Sure, it’s the most hilarious way to fall to the ground, trying to stifle the blood from your eyeballs. :P

16. skippymom says:

Now THAT is hilarious.

17. OMG I squeed to the ^10. and I see these guys every day at our two hummingbird feeders and assorted flowers all over our yard. Also the dog Schnozzle made me giggle!

18. When is America going to get serious and keep these rogue hummingbird thugs in check?

19. The Smile Scavenger says:

Ah! Tiny cuteness!

P.S. – I see the dog! :D

20. Alice Shortcake says:

There are no hummingbirds in Yorkshire.
    *lower lip wobbles a bit*

21. Awww I’m sorry you don’t have little hummers Alice ! ( lower lip wobbling in sympathy)
    If I ever have one in my hand I’ll meet you in the mod lounge so we can share .

22. COers are the most wonderful, generous peeps on Earth!

23. Hmmm, have seen the “mod lounge” mentioned numerous times in comments but have yet to find it. If it’s available to all (or does the “mod” mean moderators only?), I thought it might be a nice place to chat with other gooey-hearted individuals. =)

24. Mary (the first) says:

The mod lounge is where you’re sent if you say something ‘bad” or questionable. The latter can be things you would never suspect. Apparently, the real word that means baby dog, will send you there.

25. Test No. 2:
    Roger Miller

26. Ah HAH! y’all! The King of the Road STILL gets us in the Lounge!

can I get out for 2 hours of pushin’ brooms?

27. 6rabbits says:

Apparently, using too many eeeeeees in the word “squee” gets you there too. I still don’t know why the correct spelling of puppeh sends us there?

28. Mary (the first) says:

test: Puppy

29. *Clicking the heels of my red shoes*, “Puppy, puppy, puppy…”

30. kibblenibble says:

You can also use the word for an unpickled pickle! :-)

31. You do have Blue Tits, though. We do not have Blue Tits. 8O

32. skippymom says:

Speak for yourself, Theresa.

33. OK, Skippymom. 8O

34. phred's mom says:

Another exemplar of global warming?

35. bookmonstercats says:

Or possibly global freezing (snicker)

36. phred's mom says:

NOT having blue youknowwhats means it’s warm.
    In January around here, they have been spotted, however.

37. bookmonstercats says:

(but still snickering)

38. spotted?! you might want to get that checked out…

39. sleekityin says:

We also have Coal Tits and Great Tits…

40. phred's mom says:

Alice Shortcake, you may not have ruby-throated hummingbirds in
    Yorkshore, but you do have Fountains Abbey, you lucky stiff.

41. bookmonstercats says:

Nor in Derbyshire, Alice.

*Tries to synchronise lip-wobbles across the county boundary*

42. so is a hummingbird in the hand worth two in the chair?

43. Norbertsmom says:

44. At least there’s ONE thing that we have over the Japanese in the cute department! They don’t have ANY hummingbirds! Although Japan does have momonga’s which might win out over a hummingbird in a cute contest.

45. Mamabear says:

Figures. They always out cute us.

I looked up momonga, BTW.

How cute are they?! They can’t be real!

46. 6rabbits says:

Something new for the “cute animals I must have” list.

47. Gloomygrrl says:

I’m glad he remembered to wear his ascot – this is a high class establishment!

48. I LOOOVE hummingbirds!!! Where is the dog??

49. Mary (the first) says:

In the first pic I thought it was some kind of beetle or something! This little guy is adorable. I see hummers every so often at my hanging baskets but not nearly enough. *sigh*. Love the dog snoot!!

50. I got to hold a male ruby-throated hummer when I was a kid (rescued it from between the window panes in Dad’s garage). I remember how fascinating jewel-like his feathers really were.

51. Fird Birfle says:

how awesome that must have been

52. Awesome sequential picturing – it felt almost like I came upon this little dude myself! (yes, sequential picturing IS a technical term)

53. love this! i was stalking some with my camera this weekend. they are lovely and make the cutest noises when defending their turf from other hummingbirds!

54. I love the chatter too! I think in hummingbird it goes something like ‘ how many times to i have to tell you to get the ^%$@$%#$# out of here! ‘

55. Wow! the second pic is stunning, and not in a ‘concussed bird’ kinda way.
    It looked Maltese Falcon-esque.

56. Patricia says:

I once had a hummingbird stun itself in our window. I picked it up – it lay quite limp and unresponsive in my hand. I got some of my hummingbird feeder mixture in an eyedropper and tried dripping a bit near its beak. After a few seconds, I noticed the little throat making a swallowing motion! It took about 30 minutes, but slowly the little guy revived, drank some more, sat in my hand till it felt quite better and then flew away!

57. AWW :D I am so glad that you were able to save that hummingbird, Patricia :D

58. bob drummond says:

that was a beatiful thing to do ,not to mention -experience , Patricia :-) !!!

59. Wow, from the first photo, I thought it was a bug!

60. I did too! But not for long, thought it was a beetle but then realized it was a li’l hummer!