I Will See Your Stethoscopophobia and Raise Yoooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that’s cold!

Image via Uzoo Facebook page.

1. O.k. how many other overloaders made the same face as that hunk of sweetness when they first saw his/hers?
    (holding hand up to begin the count …. One )

2. Two.

3. phred's mom says:

of course, three…

4. eleventy-eleven…

5. Fifteen squintillion

6. lalababy says:

…two… :)

7. lalababy says:

You beat me to it, Elaine! OK, three.

8. womble girl says:

um 5? or is it 4? *shrugs shoulders* whatever the number, me too….

9. Mary (the first) says:

My face already kinda looks that way. But ok, um, 8 or whatever.

10. Elebenty bajillion.

11. me too

12. OMG, I think that little one is grasping the vet’s finger in the second picture!

So cute!!! :o

Yes, it’s an overload.

13. Yes! I saw that too!!! Finger holdings for comfort and assurance. How vewwy tweet!

14. All together, Sir Terry fans: OOOOOOOK!!!!!

15. Amen.

16. skippymom says:

um…what kind of monkey is that?

17. From the flaring schnozzola, looks like a non-monkey gorilla to me. [hence the ‘ook’! ;-) ]

18. And it is a wee teeny tiny gorilla too!!

19. That’s a baby gorilla! (At the risk of becoming tediously technical, it’s an ape and not a monkey.)

Edit: Dubyah got to it first, hah!

20. We like to say “minkey” recklessly. :P

21. skippymom says:

I am slapping myself all over the room for saying monkey. Bad, bad Skippymom!!!

22. I was told once that monkeys have tails, apes do not. I think… is that right? … now I’m not sure…

23. Yup. Also, apes have “flatter” faces with shorter muzzle areas, and are generally better at tool use (though many other primates do also use tools to a far greater extent than previously thought.)

24. rescue gal says:

This is a fabulous example for everyone who thinks that animals don’t have feelings! No one likes a cold stethoscope.

25. Anyone who thinks animals don’t have feelings isn’t worth talking to. There is no cure for stupid.

26. I knows! It’s not that hard to warm it up!

27. it’s not that easy to get your McGorillapants on c.o. if you do

28. From the uncurling digits of the right [human] hand, [puffs on Sherlockian meerschaum, blows bubbles], I believe the vet had Just. Warmed. the ‘SCOPE!!!!!! In the palm of their own hand!! [just not enough ;-)]

29. This is the kind of photo that makes me want to tell people about the Great Ape Project.

30. And Koko, the gorilla that knows sign language…

31. Love his/her toothless grin! Gum the vet, gogilla (as one of my students says); gum the vet good!

32. Good grief!! The nightmares :s That thing is SO unbelieveably FUGLY (frightening & ugly)

Wow, I have NEVER in the 5 plus years visiting this site seen something so unattractive (and that includes the ‘pawsicki’ kid)

33. BonzoGal says:

Well, we’ve all just seen something unattractive, and that’s your SO unbelievably FUGLY comment.

34. *Gyrates neck* Oh no you di-int!! God forbid I have an OPINION…. sheesh isn’t the 1st amendment for you people Freedom of Speech hmmmmmmmm?

35. Freedom of speech goes both ways, sister. The 1st Amendment guarantees you the right to state your OPINION; it also guarantees my right to say your OPINION bites. (What IS it with people who think “freedom of speech” means “freedom from ever being criticized”? They seem to be everywhere.)

36. victoreia says:

You are entitled to express your opinion, but generally people are politer in how they say they don’t care for a particular picture.

37. To me he is cugly, cute and ugly at the same time. Or maybe even fucugly, funny/cute and ugly.

38. Ape, gorilla, chimpanzee… They are all just Minkee’s in disguise.

39. victoreia says:

Don’t let the Librarian hear say that! *prepares first-aid kit, Just In Case*

40. I remember these pics from way back when. Loved them then, love them now. The gorilla is Yakini, living in Melbourne Zoo. Here he is celebrating his 12th birthday last December:

41. Kari Callin says:

” Take a deep breath in…..now blow it out!”

42. Gorilla, monkey, ape… whatever it is… I am in luff. I would snorgle the stuffing right out of him!

43. Fird Birfle says:

(at the risk of partially re-iterating something mentioned twice, already, here is my take and my suggestion of earworm for this pic).

44. Fird Birfle says:

*grumble* *mutter*
    whyIoughtta sufferin’ succotashBigGreenModerayshunMachine shut down my earworm nobody will see it whine mutter grumble……

*raises fists skyward in @ngst & tr@uma*

45. Fird Birfle says:

*cancels pout and muttering

YAY the CO Gods have
    releeeeeeeeeeeeeeeased me so promptly thees time:)

46. That’s a righteous “it’s coooooooooooold” face!

47. DewiCasGwent says:

Why hasn’t anybody invented a battery powered stethascope warmer

48. DewiCasGwent says:

Correction there are stethascope warmers either knit your own
    or fancy one that uses a hand warmer

49. Fird Birfle says:

YAY for Dcg!!!

VERY handee for the CO Qteness Emergency Ward !!

50. I think it’s a Lowland Mountain Gorilla bebbe – not sure Eastern or Western… Methinks he needs a hug. I volunteer!!!

51. Liz Anya says:

Ohh this is GONNA BE cool. WOAH! TO COLD!