I Will See Your Stethoscopophobia and Raise Yoooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo¬†that’s cold!

Image via Uzoo Facebook page.

Comments

1. O.k. how many other overloaders made the same face as that hunk of sweetness when they first saw his/hers?
    (holding hand up to begin the count …. One )

2. Two.

3. lalababy says:

…two… :)

4. phred's mom says:

of course, three…

5. lalababy says:

You beat me to it, Elaine! OK, three.

6. me too

7. OMG, I think that little one is grasping the vet’s finger in the second picture!

So cute!!! :o

Yes, it’s an overload.

8. All together, Sir Terry fans: OOOOOOOK!!!!!

9. Yes! I saw that too!!! Finger holdings for comfort and assurance. How vewwy tweet!

10. skippymom says:

um…what kind of monkey is that?

11. From the flaring schnozzola, looks like a non-monkey gorilla to me. [hence the 'ook'! ;-) ]

12. That’s a baby gorilla! (At the risk of becoming tediously technical, it’s an ape and not a monkey.)

Edit: Dubyah got to it first, hah!

13. And it is a wee teeny tiny gorilla too!!

14. rescue gal says:

This is a fabulous example for everyone who thinks that animals don’t have feelings! No one likes a cold stethoscope.

15. We like to say “minkey” recklessly. :P

16. I knows! It’s not that hard to warm it up!

17. womble girl says:

um 5? or is it 4? *shrugs shoulders* whatever the number, me too….

18. it’s not that easy to get your McGorillapants on c.o. if you do

19. skippymom says:

I am slapping myself all over the room for saying monkey. Bad, bad Skippymom!!!

20. From the uncurling digits of the right [human] hand, [puffs on Sherlockian meerschaum, blows bubbles], I believe the vet had Just. Warmed. the ‘SCOPE!!!!!! In the palm of their own hand!! [just not enough ;-)]

21. Amen.

22. Mary (the first) says:

My face already kinda looks that way. But ok, um, 8 or whatever.

23. This is the kind of photo that makes me want to tell people about the Great Ape Project.

24. Love his/her toothless grin! Gum the vet, gogilla (as one of my students says); gum the vet good!

25. Good grief!! The nightmares :s That thing is SO unbelieveably FUGLY (frightening & ugly)

Wow, I have NEVER in the 5 plus years visiting this site seen something so unattractive (and that includes the ‘pawsicki’ kid)

26. eleventy-eleven…

27. Fifteen squintillion

28. Ape, gorilla, chimpanzee… They are all just Minkee’s in disguise.

29. I remember these pics from way back when. Loved them then, love them now. The gorilla is Yakini, living in Melbourne Zoo. Here he is celebrating his 12th birthday last December:

30. Kari Callin says:

” Take a deep breath in…..now blow it out!”

31. Elebenty bajillion.

32. Gorilla, monkey, ape… whatever it is… I am in luff. I would snorgle the stuffing right out of him!

33. I was told once that monkeys have tails, apes do not. I think… is that right? … now I’m not sure…

34. And Koko, the gorilla that knows sign language…

35. Anyone who thinks animals don’t have feelings isn’t worth talking to. There is no cure for stupid.

36. Fird Birfle says:

(at the risk of partially re-iterating something mentioned twice, already, here is my take and my suggestion of earworm for this pic).

“Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings…..”

37. Fird Birfle says:

*grumble* *mutter*
    whyIoughtta sufferin’ succotashBigGreenModerayshunMachine shut down my earworm nobody will see it whine mutter grumble……

*raises fists skyward in @ngst & tr@uma*

38. That’s a righteous “it’s coooooooooooold” face!

39. BonzoGal says:

Well, we’ve all just seen something unattractive, and that’s your SO unbelievably FUGLY comment.

40. DewiCasGwent says:

Why hasn’t anybody invented a battery powered stethascope warmer

41. DewiCasGwent says:

Correction there are stethascope warmers either knit your own

or fancy one that uses a hand warmer

42. Fird Birfle says:

YAY for Dcg!!!

VERY handee for the CO Qteness Emergency Ward !!

43. I think it’s a Lowland Mountain Gorilla bebbe – not sure Eastern or Western… Methinks he needs a hug. I volunteer!!!

44. Fird Birfle says:

*cancels pout and muttering

YAY the CO Gods have
    releeeeeeeeeeeeeeeased me so promptly thees time:)

45. Yup. Also, apes have “flatter” faces with shorter muzzle areas, and are generally better at tool use (though many other primates do also use tools to a far greater extent than previously thought.)

46. Liz Anya says:

Ohh this is GONNA BE cool. WOAH! TO COLD!

47. *Gyrates neck* Oh no you di-int!! God forbid I have an OPINION…. sheesh isn’t the 1st amendment for you people Freedom of Speech hmmmmmmmm?

48. victoreia says:

You are entitled to express your opinion, but generally people are politer in how they say they don’t care for a particular picture.

49. victoreia says:

Don’t let the Librarian hear say that! *prepares first-aid kit, Just In Case*

50. To me he is cugly, cute and ugly at the same time. Or maybe even fucugly, funny/cute and ugly.

51. Freedom of speech goes both ways, sister. The 1st Amendment guarantees you the right to state your OPINION; it also guarantees my right to say your OPINION bites. (What IS it with people who think “freedom of speech” means “freedom from ever being criticized”? They seem to be everywhere.)