“Anybody hooome?” [looks up and down, eye capsule twitch]

“Well hel-LO!” …ehhhn. Just …out …of …reach. [crazed stare]

(Crai!) “Don’t make me come in there!”

“GIVE ME MY NUT!” [makes grabby hand]

Unnamed, you are so lucky you weren’t a-salted!

Comments

1. 260Oakley says:

Peanut butter-in

2. Hi, I’m your next door neighbor, Mabel McSquirrelson and I was wondering if I could borrow a cup of nuts for Mr. McSquirrelson’s dinner? I checked the tree pantry and, wouldn’t you know it, I’m all out!

3. Kiss your screens goodbye. Its all cuteness till they start breaking in.

4. Mamabear says:

This was pretty much verbatim what I was thinking!

5. The unnerving part of this whole scenario is that it looks like it’s a second or third floor dwelling, not a casual stop.

There were some squirrels in my neighborhood once who climbed all the way to the fourth or fifth floor of an apartment building and broke into whatever poor soul had left their balcony door or window open. I could seem them swiping stuff and always wondered at how paranoid that person must be when they notice the most mundane things missing. “Why would somebody break into my place and take the dust rag and the nuts but leave the tv and the money alone?”

6. uh-huh. If you come home tomorrow and find all of your bread, peanut butter, cheese, legumes, certificates of deposit, bearer bonds and jewelry gone, don’t come crying tome.

7. aww. i love the little (but surprisingly beefy) squirrel arm.

8. Your arm would be beefy too, if you RAN up and down trees (and buildings!) all day long. ;)

9. Squirley antics for the WIN! they will steal all your lovelies while distracting you with their utter cuteness.

10. I love squirrels…come visit me!

11. Good Afternoon Ma’am! Your Fuller Bushy Tail representative. You’d be nuts not to take advantage of our new special offer. And it’s selling for peanuts!

Please don’t slam the door on my feets!

12. Have you heard the good news?

13. Do I dare ask, “What good news?” :)

14. I try to resist feeding squirrels, but it’s so hard!

15. I started out feeding birds. It was all downhill from there… I now feed birds, mice, squirrels, ground hogs, skunks, possums, raccoons… probably leaving something out…

16. Catwhisperer says:

I think tracylee’s insinuating that this little guy is Mormon? Am I right?

17. Fird Birfle says:

um…who feeds YOU, ceejoe?? 8-O

18. Fird Birfle says:

19. rbcoover says:

WENDY, I’M HOME

20. heh heh… and that’s just OUTside. INside, I feed 10 cats and a guinea pig. :) Obviously, you see where my priorities in life are.