What Do Turtles Do For Fun?

They grind.

And they eat flowers with their big-mouthed friends.

The hits just keep coming from Carrie T.

Comments

1. if i had a turtle, i’d name him Fear

2. victoreia says:

The teeny skateboard is just killing me!

3. 6rabbits says:

*chanting* Tongue-hance! Tongue-hance! Tongue-hance!!!

4. Mamabear says:

The top one looks like he disapproves.

5. Queen of Dork says:

Mamabear, one of my favorite things about turles/tortoises is how they always look like really, really digruntled, grouchy old men.

6. COWABUNGA DUDE!!!! XD

7. Turtle tongue alert! Turtle tongue alert! Squee!

8. Kari Callin says:

Love the second picture! Longest, chewiest, most edible version of “He loves me, he loves me not!” EVER! :D

9. bookmonstercats says:

I used to have tortoises, before importing them was (rightly) banned. I was always amazed at how wide they could open their moufs.

10. phred's mom says:

Indeed, how can one tell when they are having fun?
    Has anyone ever heard one giggle or guffaw?

11. phred's mom says:

Snicker, maybe.

12. loribelle says:

I think I spy a Terp!

13. Aaaww, look at that tongue-action, he`s SOOOO ready to nom the rest of that flower, lol!
    I had one of these once actually. I saved him from being put under because no one wanted him (I called him Pelle) and he was so sweet! Hi loved it when I stroke his bald head, lol, his neck stretched out and he looked like an old man that was slowly falling to sleep while his head pressed agains my finger for more scritch-action :)
    He used to sleep in my sweater because it was his favourite place to cuddle in when I went to bed. (but I had a cage for him that was his home, but I let him cuddle in my sweater too) I took him with me everywhere.
    Aaww, I miss his bald little head now…*sob*

14. Spelling police: It’s helmet. Helmut is a Germanic name. Unless turt is owned by a German gentleman, then he does have his own Helmut. :)

Bitte können wir eine Zunge-Hance? :)

15. Awwww! What a lovely story! Thanks for taking such good care of Pelle.

16. Fird Birfle says:

I’m still trying to convince my eyeballs, that I really did SEE a teeny tiny skateboard (not to menshon a teeny tiny turtle RIDING the teeny tiny skateboard) 8-O

17. What a good mommy you are! *hugs*

18. Pelle the conqueror?

19. Why walk when you can ride. Am I right?

20. Fird Birfle says:

you so right. Let’s go motor-ing!!

21. Thanks Pookie & Rachael :)
    Haha, you have heard about that movie, Kar!?
    But actually the reason for my Turtles name, was that he always wanted to “pelle” on everything. “Pelle” in Norwegian can mean to pick at something or pick something up, or being explorative and not being able to not touch at everything, but wonder what this or that is. Kind of like the thing babies do, can not leave anything alone! He was a VERY curious turtle so I called him Pelle because he always had to go see what things were :)
    *sniff* He was so cute.
    Haha, maybe I should try and find a picture of him and send it in to CO! Have to scan it first because this was in 1980, lol.
    I forgot how much I love those turtlers…

22. Pelle the Conqueror is probably the most depressing movie I’ve ever seen but I so rooted for that little guy.

Adds another layer of context to that movie.

23. I think he’s disapproving in the top pic because his legs don’t quite reach. Ehn!!

24. turtle: time to eat! nomnomnom :)