Just Your Standard Pup vs. Tiger Video

Peeps, we’d love to tell you what’s happening here, but we we have zero backstory on this video. How a tiger cub came to be in an apartment and befrend the family chihuahua, we have no idea. We can say this, though — that couch is doomed.

Comments

1. kibblenibble says:

From the background noises, I’m guessing this may have been filmed at some sort of animal rescue facility. I enjoyed observing the similarity of baby tiger play to kitten play. And that chihuahua is fiesty!

2. Notes:
    1. Tiger fell off the couch! I laughed.
    2. Screamy-face when puppeh is eating ears!
    3. “I will eat your nose!!”

3. fleurdamour says:

Looks like Tigger and Piglet, and Christopher Robin’s foot makes a cameo. And now I understand why Tigger is portrayed as ‘bouncy.’

4. oooh I hope I hope I hope this was filmed at a rescue!

at the risk of prodding Fird + Th into making fun of me… DANG I luvs me some big cats :D

5. Nice Couch

6. Beat me to it! I thought of Tigger too! “bouncy trouncy flouncy …. fun fun fun fun” or something to that effect.

7. I love when babeh tiger’s earses are going up and down when he’s behind the arm of the couch. Oh and when he falls off. Oh and when he bounces. And everything else about him. Why is there no little tiger on MY couch?

8. Mary (the first) says:

I also noticed the sproinginess! And that the pupper knows he’d better get this kitten under control before the kitten realizes, his paw is bigger than pup’s haid and really kitten can be in charge any time he wants.

9. Look at the paws on that lil behbeh! He’s going to be enormous!

Also: totally reminded me of Tigger, too. I love how he moves – slightly clumsy, a little silly, but so full of energy and incipient grace. Beautiful!

10. The round little tummy! So adorable. And that fearless chihuahua plants a big chomp right on the tiger’s nose. Hilarious.

11. The Original Jane says:

I am amazed that this kitten doesn’t play rough with the dog who is biting his ears and nose! Adult animals will tolerate a smaller animal but a kitty letting a playmate get the better of him? Wow.

12. i sang the whole song. anyone else?

13. victoreia says:

*valiantly refrains from teasing tracylee*

14. mememe! But I thought of Tigger and Roo, since they both bounce so much,

15. Paige Delaney says:

This is the meaning of life.

16. Michelle says:

The very definition of redonkulous.

17. loribelle says:

The sound of claws on upholstery!

18. I noticed the ears too! (at 1:44-1:57) Cool to see the automatic stalking instinct come through between the bounces!

19. The paws. The size of the paws just slays me..

How come I can’t have some tiger flouncing bouncing on MY couch??

20. Everybodie, make a run for de bord-air… der ees a teeger on de loose.

21. Mary (the first) says:

The kitten might think the pup is his mom.

22. I want a tiger now! Adorable baby tiger. And SO patient…heck, *I* would’ve been taking a swipe at something small and annoying biting my nose. And I’m not a baby.

But the kitty…just so awkward and adorable!! Everything is still ungainly and uncoordinated.

23. That´s just TOO adorabuhls!

And wow, this must be the quietest Chihuahua I have ever seen! They´re usually little yippers….

24. Chihuahuas are usually spunky by nature but this little guy/girl is particularly fearless. Tiger cub is redonkulously adorbs! :)

25. laineyg6 says:

There are other videos with Tigers and Lions in them (alas, no Bears) posted by this person. They are from Brazil, but I don’t know anything more about the situation. Hopefully it’s a sanctuary or something.

Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/user/astrolaid

There are far too many large, fierce creatures that I want someone to develop in miniature so I can has them. Baby tigers have just been added to my list.

26. Want!!

*adds “tiger cub” to Christmas list*

27. laineyg6 says:

The unending nose chomps came a close second to the hunting skills displayed here.

28. 4. Tiny Tiger ‘Tocks climbing up on the cowch.

29. saramuniger says:

The eyes! The EYES! No, wait, I’m allergic to adorableness! *sees this video*
    DIES.

30. TINEE TERRIFYING TABBEE

31. Fird Birfle says:

*tries to decide whether ’tis nobler to yadda yadda yadda,
    or more fun to give t.l. a lightheartedly hard time*

*decides to be a Good Guy, this time, just to lull t.l. into a sense of safety …*

Signed,
    Shifty Eyes

PS: Actually, t.l., you would be relatively safe with cooing over THIS one.
    All you would need to do, is just say how much you like The Video in general.
    IT HAS a canine quadruped IN IT. So if you didn’t SPECIFY about the kitteh ….we might even think you liked it FOR THE (chi) HuaHua!!! ;)

(which you prolly do, anyhow!!!)

32. Fird Birfle says:

Taaaa-DAAAAAAA!!!! :)

33. Well, it’s a baby, and it’s having playtime with the dog. Plus, the dog probably helps take care of him.

34. good effort, v.! Thanks!

(*debates whether to admit that I’m a volunteer at a tiger resQte…*)

35. Elizabeth Ramsey says:

Don’t think it’s a rescue – looks to me like they DECLAWED the poor little spud

36. What?! Are you seriously?? Where?

37. Somehow, I find it hard to care about an avocado green velour set.

38. marthava says:

Talk about ham-handed. Thems is some gigantic pawses.

39. Fleurdamour says:

And ‘pouncy.’

40. carolinatigerrescue.org :)

41. be sure to make room in your stocking for all the nuffers who will magically appear with your gift! try it: type “i want a baby tiger” somewhere and see what happens!

42. declawed cats can’t be rescued?

43. AWW :D I hope we get the backstory of this little tiger cub :D

44. Allright, that’s it! I’m done here in Michigan, moving to North Carolina!!

45. a lot of big cats you find at rescues and sanctuaries have been removed from private owners who thought it was *brilliant* to declaw them, to make them “pets” – ugh.

46. I choose to believe that when that tiger grow to full size it will STILL be owned by that chihuahua !

47. Fird Birfle says:

I would differ slightly and respectfully, Alyx. Coming from a Classique 1970s suburbia household, this is actually a darker green than the Avocado Special.
    This is like a dark olive or a forest-y green. It does call to mind the OUTER shell of an avocado fruit, for sure. However, if my memory is workin’ allright,
    the popular 1950/s/ 1960s “Avocado” color in Fiesta dishes (and, by extension, kitchen appliances and upholstered furniture) was more like the internal color of
    the meat of the ‘cado. Like the guacamole it creates. Le voila:

(gosh I didn’t realize the url would be a long string; sorry ’bout that)

48. Cleosmom says:

now, I can’t be the only one who thinks this is going to be a short-lived friendship, you can practically see the tigerette’s stalking skills kick in from time to time and before too long nature will take its course …. Hope future playdates are supervised

49. From the ripping sound I heard as he climbed the couch, I think he may be fully armed.

50. You can see all the claws on his left front paw at 0:45

51. the wonderful thing about tiggers…is tiggers is wonderful things..their tops is made out of rubber…their bottoms is made out of springs….that is the bounciest tigger I have ever seen. I smiled every second of that video.

52. That cub has some of the most beautiful markings. Would love to see a photo when all grown…and hopefully hasn’t had Mr. Chihuahua for lunch

53. “Our feets are made out of rubber!” Ya, I did.

54. Just a baby tiger and his paws are still bigger than my fists…

55. flutterbye says:

I move that “Sproinginess” be added to the rules of cuteness. That springtime lamb post earlier this year almost killed me too – and all because of the Sproinginess.