Roger Needle-Nose, you’re cleared for landing

Fill ‘er up Hi-Test if you please!

Many thanks to Poppy.

Comments

1. Docking maneuvers complete. Commencing fuel transfer.

2. skippymom says:

A hummingbird attacked me once.

3. AAA = Avian Accident Association

4. 8O but I guess it’s better that being attacked by an eagle or a condor.

5. Or a moose. :O

6. A moose bit my sister.

7. Check with your cell phone company, Mr. Needle-Nose. You might have coverage there.

8. Nectah!

9. 8O I have nothing to add to this conversation.

10. Face plant!
    Hee. Sorry but I couldn’t resist.

11. emmberrann says:

Too good, Pyrit!!

12. I was attacked and bitten by a Polish goose.

13. skippymom says:

Aw, c’mon, ceejoe! Surely there’s something you can contribute! *dancing in circles around ceejoe, poking at her annoyingly*

14. So, are Polish geese different from American geese, for example?
    [sticking tongue out at skippymom]

15. skippymom says:

Yeah, how did you know the goose was Polish? Was it over here on vacation?
    *beeping ceejoe’s nose*

16. Blue Footed Booby says:

I imagine it’s more like aerial refueling. :D

17. Blue Footed Booby says:

I talked to a couple of biologist types who said hummingbirds have nasty dispositions. They’re cranky, aggressive, and like to stab eachother with their beaks. Basically it’d be unsafe to walk around outside if they were much bigger. Made me like hummingbirds a whole lot more.

18. oh man, rain on my parade – how can something that gorgeous and dainty be cranky??
    and “stab each other with their beaks” lol… I know that’s not really funny, but it’s Friday afternoon…

19. skippymom says:

My encounter involved the hummingbird repeatedly flying straight at my face, chasing me around my back yard. I was mostly afraid that I would instinctively swat at it and hurt it.
    I wasn’t even trying to steal its food or anything, I swear.

20. loribelle says:

Just think of them as “passionate.” Skippymom, do you have a face like a flower?

21. Starfish says:

Mr. Needle-Nose’s first name is Roger?

22. skippymom says:

Not so much, but it is bright red.

23. Me too!

24. Hummingbirds are much more vicious. 8O

25. My brother was 7 when he fell on his bike and got a concussion. When Mom asked him what happened, he said,”I was kicked in the head by a butterfly”.

26. I really need to rent that movie some day…

27. if you google it i bet you can string the whole thing together from posted clips

28. damm viscious butterflies!

29. skippymom says:

Don’t even get me started on all the fights I’ve had with butterflies.

30. victoreia says:

Ah, but will they be censored?

31. skippymom says:

Another experience I’ve had, and this memory still makes me shudder, a couple of years ago I was chased around my back yard by a huge moth that was walking very fast across the grass and every time I would change direction it would turn and follow me. I’m actually breaking into a cold sweat right now remembering how creepy it was.

32. Have I ever told you guys about the slug I had in my hair? [major shudder!!]

33. skippymom says:

Holy crap, I don’t want to know.

34. Well, I was young, probably around 10 or 12, so I have been able to recover from the horror…

35. skippymom says:

I freak out if I get slime on my hand trying to remove them from my vegetable plants. That stuff does not wash off.

36. I would just have to kill the plant.

37. An oldie but a goody

38. skippymom says:

8O

39. phred's mom says:

Have always liked this video, besides being incredibly
    sweet and gentle, this boy looks just like my grandson,
    also great (of course!)

40. Fird Birfle says:

*enjoys the bickering btw skippymom & ceejoe but stays ever so cautiously
    *juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust beyond their reach*……. ;)

41. Fird Birfle says:

oh ceejoe for REALS THAT MOVIE is so good. It’s funnier than the Bible.

Probably less *profound* than the Bible….

You will probably need to pause the movie every 3 min or so in order to gain oxygen back into yer lungs because of all the helter-skelter fast punchlines of ridiculously silly but stellar jokes …

42. Fird Birfle says:

If you work in a produce section of a grocery store or go ‘shroom hunting….
    THAT slime/ goop/ mud (the underside of just-harvested “shrooms) is particularly resilient to one’s efforts to “warsh’ one’s hands ….

43. prinsasbeans says:

I’ve always considered hummingbirds an aviary marvel! Of course, I’ve never had the occasion of being attacked by one, either!

44. Since we’re all sharing anti-social hummingbird stories, I found them quite rude when I saw them all over the spa in AZ I went to last year. Every time I pleaded for them to let me take their pictures, they’d just fly away and ignore me. The nerve!

45. The boys are mucho territorial. When anyone comes into their “territory,” they go right at you, yelling “Git away from mah woman!”

46. Ew.

47. boarderara says:

i dont know why but this hummingbird looks sorta like a chipmunk….does anyone else see it?

48. boarderara says:

must have hurt…
    and those butterflies get me sometimes, too. i just don’t see em coming