A thief in the night

This leetle Mouseketeer made a strategic decision to dive into the dog chow bag. Now what? Let’s hear it from Sender-Inner Shoshona K: “This little guy was in my dog’s food bag last night. Cute being his superpower & me powerless over it, I brought him outside where he is now, no doubt living in our mint patch making mouse mojitos.”

Comments

1. OHH MAH GAH!!!! 8O

2. The bef to the nth!

3. Fird Birfle says:

(I THINK I transacted a comment but so far it isn’t appearing but lately the CO server has been just a bit squirrel-y…so maybe it really *IS* going to appear???)

Signed,
    “eeeez a Puzzlement”

4. Allison Clark says:

Cute! Good on your for not killing the little guy :-)

5. Mice and most rodents actually detest the odor of mint. You can use cotton balls soaked in peppermint or wintergreen (or buy premade satchels of the stuff) as a natural, cruelty-free form of pest control

6. i_wuvs_puttins says:

Keebles ‘n squeeks!

7. MandaLeigh says:

So sweet! Thanks for saving this little dude.

8. Hantastic.

9. Sandra Rosenberg says:

Adorable. I always catch them in smart live traps and release them. I hope you tossed the food. Leetle mousies are incontinent and it probably contaminated the bag.

10. 260Oakley says:

I’m sure the mouse was grateful to be rescuted from the top of Mt. Kibblemanjaro.

11. Lillith says:

Is being Punstastic your only superpower or just the strongest one?

12. rescue gal says:

How wonderful are you for re”cute”ing him? I am sure he was finished with his snack and was certainly for dessert. :)

13. silentk says:

I can just imagine the mouse’s reaction after falling into the bag:
    “YES!! Food-food-food-SO-MUCH-FOOD *munch munch munch* (pause) *munch munch* (pause) *munch* (pause) (pause) (teensy cogs turning in mouse-brain)….. Oh CRAP how do I get out of here??

14. Thank you for not killing the little mouse!

15. junkshop_coyote says:

For some reason, this reminds me of the old joke about the guy who fell into a vat of beer and drowned a week later. A week later, you ask? Yeah, he kept getting out to pee.

16. +1 I am powerless to the cute as are we all!

17. I’m tempted to call this a rescute. Most people would’ve just handed the mouse over to the dog or worse.

Then again, my father was known to take black snakes found in the house for twenty mile car rides before releasing them.

18. hope you threw the dog food out after!

mice are adorable, i agree, even though they poo and pee on everything. they have the most adorable teensy little handsies!

19. 260Oakley says:

Just call me Punder Woman.

20. Norberts Mom says:

Oh I get it, it’s cracker jacks for dogs, a prize in every bag! We had one in our house, however we have 7 cats and a dog and poor mousie found himself being carted around like a prize, We were lucky enough to rescue him and after a little rest and we put him back outside, he was so happy to be free he peed on me :-)
    My cats were so annoyed that I took away their toy!

21. fleurdamour says:

Not so Pur-ina now.

22. Cracker jacks for dogs…LOL! That made my day a smiley one.

23. lisaLassie says:

What a nice example for your father to set

24. MOUSE MOJITOS!! That is adorable.

25. Cracker jacks for dogs :) !!!
    so glad the doggy did’nt find the prize.
    placing the mouse in your mint patch: “an after dinner mint for you’se.”
    will word get out that your house gives 5 star service? lol
    our neighors cat sometimes brings a friend or two with him when he comes by for his daily
    ” hello”, tummy rubs, and treats. :) lol

26. Nanette says:

Haha! The mousie probably came right back in the house through whatever tiny little crack he came in through the first time, and is back in the dog food bag!

27. yuh. i bleach everything a wild mouse touches around here.

28. I found a mouse in my dog food bag once but unfortunately it was dead. It was deep in the middle of the bag and I’m still not sure whether it chewed its way in there and couldn’t get out, or was deposited there at the pet through factory.

29. it’s a fleeting remedy. same with steel wool, pantyhose, mothballs and screaming and flailing my your arms around.

30. Fird Birfle says:

*giggle*

31. My parents in St. Paul would drive squirrels over to Minneapolis to release them. We knew of a family in Minneapolis that took squirrels to St. Paul to release them. Oh, well; it makes for a healthier gene pool.

32. machstem says:

I once tossed one in a bed of snow…only to realize a cat was in the yard as well. I closed the door and let nature do its thing. Nature, the best way to rid yourself of rodents.

33. mouse relocator says:

Yay for re-cute-ing!!! =D =D =D Last summer I relocated a mouse under similar circumstances…. Unfortunately, unless you relocate mouse at least 2 miles away, it can smell it’s way back into your home “/ please consider humane traps and relocating to a reserve/ canyon/ forest/ nature <3

34. Shoshona says:

The cutest part is how excited my kids are at having a submission make it onto Cute Overload :)

35. Excellent work Shoshona and small people!