Made to Order

Here at Cute Overload, we’ve got lots of ducks in all shapes, sizes n’ colors.

You can get your duck in basic browny earth tones, or go for the summer in-look.

Introducing “Sherbet Extravaganza.”

Spotted at the Pixdaus McFacebookersons.

1. It’s a wood duck!! Isn’t it??? :roll:

2. phred's mom says:

Yup, a wooduck couple. The male is garishly gorgeous,
    but the female is tastefully garbed. Both are beautiful.

3. Actually, the colors aren’t quite right for a wood duck. Now I’m thinking Mandarin. Here’s another:

4. wuyizidi says:

Yes, they are Mandarin.

5. SlaveToCat says:

Mandarin oh my, really pretty. What is this country coming to when we have to import our “CUTE” from China along with all the rest of the stuff we just have to cram into our homes. I’m calling my Congressmen and demanding that we stop outsourcing our “CUTE”.

6. phred's mom says:

I stand (actually I am sitting) corrected. Fabulous
    photo on that link!

7. Fird Birfle says:

(I might differ w/ phred’s mom on the male’s attractiveness; no offense intended)

8. phred's mom says:

Carnivale, I believe, and I agree he’s not my taste in fellas.
    But, if we saw him in the wild, we’d be awestruck, no?

9. phred's mom says:

And, it’s “sherbet”, not “sherbert”. Sorry to be picky.

10. THANK you!!! (A major pet peeve of mine)

11. When I shopped at Kroger’s back home, it was always “sherbert” on the container. It was probably mis-named, but awfully good. Would give anything to find some in a store, now.

12. 6rabbits says:

Thank you for saying it first! :-)

13. meltinsmush says:

I like “sherbert” better.

14. Mamabear says:

Me too. “Sherbet” sounds like it should be pronounced “shur bay” and that’s too French soundin’ fer me.

I’ve always heard it pronounced “shur bert” here in the south and I looked it up. Wikipedia (not always the best source, but a nice springboard) says: “In the United States, sorbet and sherbet (where it is often pronounced /ˈʃɜrbət/ and therefore often misspelled “sherbert”, though this is likely a confusion with the name Sherbert) are different products.

On second thought, I’m just gonna stick with ice cream! :D

15. “Boy, was one of your parents a rainbow lorikeet?”

16. Beautiful duck!!

17. silentk says:

Isn’t it funny that with a lot of animals, the male is all flashy and colorful in order to attract a mate, and the female looks drab or ordinary. Whereas with humans, it’s the women who tend to spend more time on hair, clothes, makeup etc. while you’d be lucky to find a guy who can match his socks to his shoes… (not that this comment has anything to do with the future-Mr.Silentk, nope, not at all, uh-uh…….)

18. That’s just culture though. Male humans have that thick hair on their arms and legs, not to mention facial hair. Most female humans lack that.

19. I used to have a pair of zebra finches. The female was plain grayish-brown but the male had bright orange, clown-like spots on his cheeks. Even his beak and feet were noticeably brighter than his mate’s.

20. Yeah, you’d watch these nature narratives with Attenburough and you’d swear that you could overlay the track over any saturday night at the Roxbury.

21. 6rabbits says:

Seen on a t-shirt “In the wild females do the hunting and males wear the pretty colors. Deal with it.” :-) (Not sure of exact phrasing)

22. KittyAdventures says:

Actually with birds they both do the hunting but mama sits on the nest to lay the eggs. The camouflage helps them be invisible so maybe more eggs get hatched.

23. Lady duck looks like she’s saying:
    And where do you think you’re going dressed like that mister?

24. SlaveToCat says:

And when you get home I better not smell any “Swan” on your duck feathers.

25. sleekityin says:

:) That reminds me of the Far Side cartoon with the chimp couple where the female says “Well, well, another blond hair. Been conducting a little more “research” with that Jane Goodall tramp?!” Very funny.

26. Mamabear says:

You owe me a keyboard. :D

27. i think that the ducks are very clean and take good of there feathers

28. also the are very sweet looking but can be hily agessive

29. bob drummond says:

What a gorgeous looking bird – a wnner if ever I saw one !!!

30. pretty birds

31. Cynthia McLendon says:

Handsome dude!

32. Absolutely Fabulous! Wow… God bless these precious creatures.

33. GORGEOUS ducks!!! I LOVE mandarins they’re soooo pretty and cute, and not just pretty cute, really cute :) :D

34. Katherine says:

is it just me or is this photoshopped? the males always look so compact, almost squarish. it’s like they raised the head of the male 2 inches off his body.

35. I think it’s possibly a youngin’ whose head grew before ‘is body.

36. I was just thinking that! something just doesn’t look right

37. I’ve been watching too much AMV Hell 5. I saw this and could only think of a song lyric. “Is it me? Or do you love my hair? Caressing the air, like a silky prayer.” Face-palming myself right now for that one.