Murkin Is My New Hero

Just get your mind out of the gutter, ok?

I am talking about this awesome dog named Murkin and his amazing owner, dcjannelle. She adopted Murkin and he helps her foster kittens in need. Here’s a beautiful example of Murkin’s work:

Fave Frame™

1. Pups’ face is priceless. Classic little sibling and loving/aloof older brother. Reminds me of me and my bro! :)

2. Head bumps are the best way to show love. My kitty and I headbumps all the time. I’ve even been known to try and headbump my boyfriend when I forget he’s not a cat…

3. doesn’t work the same with bees… when a bee headbumps you it’s really p-oed and it’s calling its friends over to start a gang war.

(*the more you knowwwww…!*)

4. dubyah1 says:

Oh, my hat. Is the floofy pup depwessed about its name? I’d never thought about it before, but if you say ‘American’ reeeeally fast with a bad accent, it’s a pearl-clutcher. I promise I won’t, even in this bicentennial year.

5. Sasha's Mum says:

“pearl-clutcher” — love it! Haven’t heard that one before, but it’s instantly evocative.

6. loribelle says:

That dog is definitely part Great Pyrenees–I’d recognize that beauty anywhere.

7. o.O
    methinks Crazy Pants lives in the gutter with the rest of us

8. Crazy Pants says:

It takes one to know one and I am one.

9. dubyah1 says:

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are lookin’ at the stars [and tossing a beachball around; Catch! ]: Oscar [Mostly] Wilde

10. O my Gawd. First gaggles of nursing kittayns and now this. I’m going to spend the rest of the day in a puddle on the floor. The cute has finally really keeled me.

11. That dog must know how to work the can opener

12. I see the cute here, but I see something else on the dog’s face at about :20. He is SO tolerant of the kitty love but seems a bit annoyed(?).
    A gentle giant and a loving kitty, great combo!

13. Totally adorable – older sibling indeed!

Also, Thomas looks exactly like my Al – pale orange/light brown tabbies unite!

14. Saffron says:

So adorable. Love the kitteh snorgles and patience of beautiful dog.

15. D’awwww…. I think we’ve seen Murkin before, with some foster kittens climibing all over him, if I remember correctly. And I seem to remember that his mom did not know what the name meant, and when she found out, tried to change it, but by then hew sould not answer to anything else… :)

16. ok, spell check fail… [blushing]

17. Fird Birfle says:

If Ah tol’ ya’ once-t, Ah dun tol’ y’all elebenty-seven times…
    It’s ALWAYS a conspiracy by the ‘pooter !!!!

18. This video reduced my husband to a pubble of goo :lol:

19. Lerrinus says:

This and the bottle fed kittens reduced my dad to a puddle of goo!

20. anyone else feel this dog’s name it a little too similar to merkin? since he was adopted i wonder if that was his name before? i also wonder if the owner gets strange looks when she talks about how she loves her murkin :D hee hee

21. It’s only a naughty word if you know what it means. I don’t, and I don’t care to find out. (I hate, loathe, and despise the Urban Dictionary. If they have their way, someday “hello” and “thank you” are going to have nasty connotations.)

22. loribelle says:

It isn’t that recent a term–I think it may go back to Ye Olde Shakespearean Tymes. But you don’t need to know it if you don’t want to…

23. I probably looked it up once upon a time. Sometimes I am weak and my curiosity gets the best of me. But I’ve done my best to forget again, along with a few others that crop up now and again.

(That Billy Shakespeare was a naughty boy!)

24. 6rabbits says:

I weakly gave into my curiosity. Trust me, no one NEEDS to know what this means!

25. bookmonstercats says:

That is why you are my favourite auntie;)

26. Heh. Your old fashioned, prude, square auntie. :mrgreen:

27. @Earwig: I know my boyfriend isn’t a cat, and I headbump him anyway, because I am a cat! You can’t prove I’m not!

Video was so sweet that I felt warm and tingly. :)

28. Fird Birfle says:

ALSO “Matchingks” if you pweeze :)

29. cat: “C’mon, gimme something back here, will ya?”

dog: “Please. Someone get this cat off of me.”

P.S. I don’t think a dog would make a very good merkin.

30. Queen of Dork says:

That’s hilarious, Juno! This video is so precious. I’ve watched it three times now and have smiled dopely each time. :) Also, I have no idea what the reference to naughtiness and Murkin means. I’m completely baffled by that. But I love the video!

31. MinglesMommy says:

Murkin: *sigh* “Yes… yes… whatever… fine… yes, dear.”

32. And they call it puppeh lo-oooove……..

33. Kari Callin says:

The doggy tolerance look: Dejected and resigned to the humiliation that only a dog gets from sitting there while a cat woogies all over him…and knowing it will be on YouTube within 5 minutes of the end of filming.

34. Susie-Qute says:

Kari–exactamente coreecto. I can just see his little doggie mind thinking how this is gonna be sooo embarrassing w/ his boyz in the ‘hood when he goes out. Yeesh!

35. Sasha's Mum says:

Methinks Murkin is ‘specially tolerant of kittehs who are colour co-ordinated with him.

36. He’s my hero too! Loves me some big, sweet, soft, fluffy, canine mush!! Move over, cat! MY turn!!

37. Oh. My. God. And then the music. I have to go somewhere and sob for 20 minutes now.

38. oh, there, there. you are safe in the mod lounge. we have very fluffy handkerchiefs and a nice collection of teas.

39. The eye-roll plus sigh at :19 kills me. You can tell the pooch was okay with the just laying there but once the advanced snuggling began he was only being polite.

40. juliaringma says:

41. o, what a sweet, unfortunate name for a fine little goggie.

42. dubyah1 says:

‘Murkin goes for a ride’ o-0
    I can resist no longer: Lucy Lawless at ComicCon:

43. heee heeee heeee!

44. Linda Slater says:

Are you in Albuquerque? Becuase I swear that is my cat Buddy! Right down to the clipped ear!

45. Sharon Wilson says:

I wouldn’t be bothered by a kitteh rubbing his head against me nonstop!

46. I’ll take the owner’s word that the dog fosters the kitties, but what I see here is tolerating (at best). Seems like the kitty is doing all the work.

47. :lol: The look on Murkin’s face is like he is saying “That is kitties for you. They will keep on headbutting you to give them atttention.” :lol:

48. The read I’m gettin’ is “Jeez just wait til the boyz at the dog park hear about this! I won’t be able to show my face in (dog)public again…”

49. KIttyMarthaPoo says:

OMG Murkin is like the most gentle dog ever. And color-coordinated kitty really luffs him. So sweet.

50. Doggie is so floofy and comfortable looking! Kitty knows where the best napping spots are.

51. I agree from time to time The Murks has a most put-upon expression. But if you think he doesn’t help foster kittens watch this:

52. The Dogs name is too close to Merkin which is a Pubic hair wig lol