You’re Not the Boss of Me!

Cut it out, Mom! I’m a big boy and I need my space! Why you always gotta be sniffing my tail, anyway? There’s a difference between mothering and smothering, I’ll have you know! And furthermore… (etc.)

From the YouTube uploader: “Elvis gives Patches a few choice words. Elvis was an “only puppy.” He was born with a cleft lip and had a permanent sneer, hence the name Elvis. What he lacked in physical perfection, he made up for in personality, as you can see.”

Surprise Expression FaveFrame™!

Comments

1. Mary (the first) says:

omg the squeekingks!!

2. Theresa says:

I always wanted to read the Riot Act. Literally. :P

Mom says calmly, “You’re embarassed? Good, then I’m doing my job.”

3. Bestest says:

If puppy could walk he’d stomp to his room and slam the door.

4. Alice Shortcake says:

I dunno. Puppies these days – no respect for their elders!

5. sleekityin says:

I think he’s saying, “..lay off my blue suede paws.”

6. Elvis is ridiculously adorables & what a squeaky racket!

7. Rachael says:

Now how freaking adorabuhls is that! That so makes my day. :)

8. Such a fearsome morsel of bully pup.

9. Saffron says:

Give that puppeh a peanut butter and banana sandwich now!

..and give me that puppeh now!

10. It’s kinda difficult to take him seriously with all the squeaking :)

Hey y’all! It’s Miss Schnozz’s birthday!

11. baahhahah and here I thought my dad trademarked that phrase :)
    I’m a ‘grown up’ and he still uses it!

12. 260Oakley says:

A very happy b-day to Miss Schnozz, who looks very fetching (and patient!) in her party hat.

13. Ayeesha says:

What a cantankerous little thing! Mom doesn’t seem to know quite what to do with all that attitude. lol.

14. Joyeux anniversaire to Miss Schnozz!

15. Rachael says:

Happy Birfday, Miss Schnozz! You have never looked more beautiful. ♥♥♥

16. Fird Birfle says:

such an accurate assessment.

17. Fird Birfle says:

YAY Mademoiselle la Schnozz !!!
    YAY tracylee!!!

*blows into noisemaker*

18. Fird Birfle says:

wow.

I’m still looking at la mere, and thinking: THAT critter is a MAMA??? She looks so
    tough I’d go the other way in a nighttime encounter in a dark alley …..

19. Saffron says:

Happy birthday Miss Schnozz!! Many many many many many many more!!!

20. Such a fearsome little guy!

21. Moma dog deserves sevaral big hugs for putting up with little Elvis.

22. mama and lil boy are both surprisingly hippo-shaped. amazing!

23. You ain’t nuthin’ but a bulldog, cryin’ all the time….

These posts should come with insulin! That is too cute!

24. marthava says:

I think I would name the big puppeh Boulderhead. Sheesh. Looots of kissing space!

25. Theresa says:

Ah, but does he give you spit baths? :P

26. Theresa says:

I LOVE that picture. I Pinned it!

27. fortunately, no…
    :D

28. He sounds more like an angry squirrel than a dog!

29. meltinsmush says:

Looks like Big Mama is teaching Baby Doggie how to be tough and how to play. Such a good mama since Baby Doggie doesn’t have any other puppies around to teach him =)

30. Proof that you shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover. She looks tough but she’s such a big softy that little bébé can boss her around.

31. Ali-Baba says:

I kept looking for a guinea peeg, myself! Those noises are redonkulous! :-)

32. Bwahahahaha ! Elvis sounds like a pissed off ewok !!!
    Birthday party in the mod lounge for Ms. Schnozz tonight !

33. Happy day to her, and you! What a great photo, and she picked the best of all possible hats to set off her nose. “With a name like Miss Schnozz, it has to be good.”

34. Fird Birfle says:

c’est vrai, ca.

(please imagine the little tailio under the final “c”. Isn’t that a “circonflex” ????)

35. MeNotHim says:

A cleft lip is a common birth defect in bulldogs.

Many of these pushed-in-face breeds have problems. Don’t understand why it’s cute to have a pug that wheezes and has trouble breathing.

36. shielding my eyes… the cuteness is REDONKulous…too much to bare!!!!

37. Mais no, c’est une cedille. (Cedilla) Circonflex is this: ^.

38. What’s/where’s the mod lounge? If not available to the peasants, pls to pass this on: “Hippo birdie two ewes. Hippo birdie two ewes. Hippo BIRdie deer Ms. Schnozz. Hippo birdie two ewwwwwwe.” ;)

39. They all don’t. I have 2. One’s larger, flatter and has more breathing trouble as he’s older… but well managed. He panted, breathed heavy as a youngster, just like my husky after he would tear around the house. My other small one hasn’t had a single breathing problem and he’s 17. As a pug person… the breathing problem is not cute, but the ridiculous happiness, personality, fun, and all the other good stuff that come with the breed is.

40. That made me laugh out loud. I just took a video of my older, chubbier pug and said ‘huh, he looks like a hippo’!

41. G&Ts for everyone!

42. Wish they’d breed these back up to a reasonable size. Maybe fix some of the congenital problems they traded when they went for size versus cuteness.

43. ooh, good idea!

44. Theresa says:

Who doesn’t need some party-hatted needlenosed brindlebeast in his/her life? :D

45. 6rabbits says:

“No! I iz fierce bad puppeh, with beeg dog barks!”

46. Theresa says:

So Tracylee how did La Schnozzola celebrate? Do tell!

47. the fun really starts at 2:00 when patches does the play dance

48. Awwww, what a sweet picture. Poor Patches seems confused when her baby starts barking at her. Is she a first-time mom?

49. I think everyone does, Th. :)

50. good walks, lots of playing, mushy canned food mixed in with her kibble, and a printed picture of her (dog) nephew – I think she had a good birfday :)

51. Fird Birfle says:

merci et je m’excuse. Mes etudes etaient…..depuis quelques annees…..

(did I word THAT right??? Prolly not. “My studies were ……a *FEW* ….
    years ago ….)

Signed,
    Beet-Red Face

52. MinglesMommy says:

Cute Overload indeed – I think my brain just short-circuited!!!! What a little fireball!

53. As a hoomin who shares the same birth defect as Elvis, I can only say rarck on! (ah, ‘rock on’). So the ancient quest for independence and self-definition is played out between bully-pup and his moms.

He’s a darling. & props to the mum.

54. Mamabear says:

Guess my comment didn’t pass muster and never made it out of the lounge. That’s OK, it was a bummer of a post covering my experience with bulldog breeders and defects. I just needed to vent. I’m sure someone read it and that’s all that mattered; that someone listened.

55. Copperbat says:

Peaches is as sweet as she can be! She looks so proud she’s about to bust her buttons over lil’ Elvis.

56. mama b, it was a tough call. it was a powerful piece of writing and it was really hard to read. because you’re a regular, i wanted to send it through and i’ve been sitting on it. in the end, your message did get through, but not to everyone. there were just too many points on the side of nuffing, even though i thought the message was worthwhile and a good one.

57. Mamabear says:

Thank you sweets, I appreciate it. I’m so NOT that nuffer that I debated sending it in the first place but the feelings the pic dredged up were too powerful to ignore and I was compelled to push the button, lol.

58. What a cutie! But I have to say, I do hope they curb the pup of such dominant behaviour, it’ll save him and his peoples from a lot of heartache later. /caesarmilan

59. i hope you saved yours because it was well-written. if it helps, i have a similar story about pitbulls. i have to bite my tongue when people talk about them.

60. madrabbitwoman says:

Where the hell is it’s tail.

61. Mom: So THAT’S what it’s like to smell young again.