Pure Joy: The Little Fur Creature

Now, see here. There’s this great kids book by Margaret Wise Brown called The Little Fur Family. And in there, there’s a little guy called the Littlest Fur Creature. I think thees ees heem.  Wouldn’t you like to hold heem in your hands and snorf heem up a little?

Chalk up another one for Carrie T.

Comments

1. It doesn’t take much to make me happy, but this photo makes me super, extra happy. This critter is so full of joy! (Yes, I’m anthropomorphizing. I don’t care! I’m happy!)

2. Mamabear says:

Oh my! Oh my how sweet is this? Leetle teef, leetle hands, paws, appendages…

I agree Auntie. This (hamster?) is full of joy.

3. Yes I would like to snorfle heem very much. I’m a leetle worried tho’ I’ll end up swallowing him whole cos’ he’s so tiny and so cute that my snorfle would be a tad vigorous. How is one to control the power of their snorfle with this much cute in their hand I ask you?

4. Kari Callin says:

“You bought me FLOWERS?! (SQUEEEEK!) No one has ever bought me flowers before! I’m SOOO HAPPY!!!!!”

5. Can’t you hear it…Ode to joy! Well…close enough ;-)

6. Martha in Washington says:

re:hovertext–My dear Littlest Fur Creature, you could be the CENTERFOLD!!

7. Isn’t this a repost? I’m sure I’ve seen this pic before. It’s adorable in any case.

8. Yes. This picture has been around the interwebs for some time. But, every time I see it, it makes me SMILE. :D

9. victoreia says:

The dormouse, after finally getting out of the teapot…..

10. skippymom says:

The book is actually called Little Fur Family, and it was a very much favorite of mine years ago. It’s just so sweet, and the pictures, by Garth Williams, are cozy and comforting. I would go to this book when I was sad and it would soothe me.
    I don’t know what happened to my copy. *sniff*

11. Red Toenails says:

Aww…so sweet it just made me squeal.

12. Gigi! Have you seen the O Fortuna! misheard lyrics?! I laughed so hard I couldn’t breathe:
    Salsa cookies!

13. fleurdamour says:

Snorf dwarf

14. Fird Birfle says:

Comme c’est adorable!!!

15. Saffron says:

Hmmm….this is a difficult question. I do not think anyone would be able to resist keessing those prosh feengers and adoring the “yipppeee!!’ expression. My conclusion is that if aliens want to conquer the Earth, do not send the Borg; send this prosh dormouse because resistance to him is futile.

16. You are NOT anthropomorphizing! Anyone that watches animals for any time, can SEE that they have emotions!

17. Don’t you mean *sneef*?

18. bob drummond says:

YEAH BAYBEE !!! HIS smile is so contagious and irrisistable you can’t help but smile with him/her !!!

19. I love Garth Williams! His illustrations of the Rescuers books (Miss Bianca!) are just precious!

20. Thank you, by “Suck juice from moose” I had to pause it to get my breath back!

21. I know he’s not really wearing a flower on his head, but I want him to, so it shall be so.

22. Teresa in NC says:

He gets my vote for CO calendar centerfold!

23. Teresa in NC says:

Stuck in the moderation lounge again – are there nachos?

24. The Hiiiiillls are aliiiive with the sound of muuuuusiiiic!

25. Did you just hear a crash?

That’s the coffins of Beethoven & Orff rolling over and smashing into each other.

26. Oh for crying out loud. How can I not squeal with joy at this one?! Super cute.

27. there’s an entire serve yourself all-you-can-snarf nacho buffeteria!

28. Thank you Tracylee that made my week!

29. Martha in Washington says:

And didn’t he do the “Little House” books by Laura Ingalls Wilder, too?

30. I remember that illustrator from my childhood!!! and this creature does look exactly like those adorable things!!!! oh man it is SOOO cute I am experiencing cute overload for reals!! as in pain in my mouth from such sweetness! (or maybe it’s all the honey i’ve been eating….

that aside I am really loving this photo! thanks meg! I am planning on purchasing the 2013 calendar and one for a friend… i LOVE my 2012 calendar! :)

31. 6rabbits says:

SHHHHHHH!! You are giving away the secret battle plans!

Signed,
    Aliens that know the power of cute

32. 6rabbits says:

That…was…HYSTERICAL!!! Newest thing to share for sure!

33. 6rabbits says:

Yep! As well as Charlotte’s Web–I loved those drawings.

34. 6rabbits says:

Ditto! :-)

35. ingemary says:

Tribute to rw! All real cutologists should have known this!

36. victoreia says:

*stifled giggles*

37. bookmonstercats says:

Roll Over Beethoven, indees.

I am wiping tears of laughter away. Our choral society is giving its web-site a makeover and I am wondering whether to risk being drummed (or possibly Gregorian-chanted) out by submitting these videos for the members’ section.

38. its so adorable! :D

39. Hurrah!! I submitted this happy little dude a few years ago! I’m glad someone else got him up here for everyone to share, this guy is pure joy. He’s been my desktop wallpaper for a good long while. :)

40. Blue Footed Booby says:

He makes me think of a certain miniature giant space hamster…

41. Those were divinely LOL hysterical! Two of my favorite pieces will never seem the same again. :-)