Reluctant Thumbs Up

I’m not sure I like the cut of your jib, but that was pretty awesome. I guess.

Everybody’s a critic, Happy Jack.

Comments

1. Martha in Washington says:

“Mommy, there’s something yucky on my thumb.”

2. victoreia says:

“We named the monkey Jack.”

(With apologies to orangutangs everywhere. Especially the UU Librarian.)

3. 6rabbits says:

Now THAT is a disapproving face to make even a bunny proud!

4. So that’s who is replacing Steven Tyler as the new judge on American Idol. I’m not sure people will notice the switch!

5. Scout C says:

“Hey! You kids get off my lawn!” He reminds me of a little old man (imagine white hair standing up on end rather than red).

6. He sorta reminds me of a fuzzy, little version of “The Fonz”…..Aaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!! :-D

7. Saffron says:

Urgh, they gave me the wrong shade of nail polish AGAIN!

8. SlaveToCat says:

Hey who took my lighter??? Come to think of it where is my cigarette???

9. Haha! Well spotted.

10. Sheilagh says:

That’s unpossible! How did they find a cute, fuzzy, bebeh Dick Cheney? The sneer says it all…

11. Whoa, those are some extreme reservations!

12. Is there a “Creepy or Cute?” category because I’d nominate this one. That is one creepy looking little thumb.

13. Fird Birfle says:

*looks around for Sharpy*

“Who’s a Mister Gwumpy Wumpy, hmmmmm????”

Signed,
    Shifty Eyes …..

14. Kari Callin says:

The ape world’s version of a young Simon Cowell…or should I say Simon Scowl.

15. laineyg6 says:

It has never occurred to me that ‘Ranga Tans (or any other ape) have fingernails. Of course it makes perfect sense, but that struck me when I saw the picture. Weird, huh? Sheilagh, I totally agree that bebeh ‘Ranga does have a Cheney-esque quality to the face … or that of The Penguin from the old Batman series (minus the cigarette). Grumpy animals are greatness! http://pdxretro.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/burgess-m.-batman-2.jpg

16. Oh please. Don’t insult the cute little orangutan.

17. 260Oakley says:

Gigi, I believe you owe the orangutan an apology. He’s much cuter.

18. mauderules says:

Leaving aside the exteme cuteness of the orangutan, which has already received appropriate recognition, how ’bout a big round of applause for the truly amazingly hilarious caption by Crazy Pants? I’m not usually one to snicker out loud at the office, but I had to, and I most likely will again when I revisit the site. It really made my day. Thanks!!

19. Oook!

20. CathyDee says:

I give this picture two thumbs . . . . well, actually just one thumb .. . . . … up.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I still have to remind myself to pronounce it “oranguTAN” instead of “oranguTANG” (like the stuff the astronauts drink). Did the “g” fall off the end somewhere along the way?????

Curses! Now I’m craving powdered, orange-flavored sugar water………

21. Indeed. The caption was just perfect for Mr. McGrumpy-Monkersons.

22. Tessamo says:

Yes! That’s exactly what I thought (with an apology to the bebbeh orangutan).

23. Cha! Nails are what helps define them systematically!

24. warrior rabbit says:

Maybe he’s giving this trooper-rescuing-a-fawn a reluctant thumbs up (reluctant only due to the circumstances).

25. :lol:

26. Just needs a thumbs up and you wouldn’t know the difference: grrrr

27. With that expression on his face, Mr. Orangupants really ought to be flipping the bird, rather than giving a thumbs up. Don’t you think?

28. Fird Birfle says: