New from IKEA

Add style and comfort to your living room with SNÖR throw cushions ($9.99). Available in soothing decorator colors ranging from white to almost-as-white.

It’s Muffin (a boy Maltipoo), sender-innered by Chris and Marilou.

Comments

1. Ooo, I got one of these…! But it`s SUCH a hassle to get it properly washed! And it takes forever to dry… (hehe..)

(hi btw, new commenter – Mocca here (I love coffee and chocolate)
    Hope everyone have a lovely day! :-)

2. Oh, and forgot to mention I live 30 minutes from Ikea, LOVE that place!
    (I am from Norway btw)

3. SNÖR! LOL

4. one of them looks like a loofah.

5. Rachael says:

Welcome, Mocca! I’ve been to Norway – spectacular country, lovely people. *hug*

I live about an hour from Ikea but I’ve never been there. :)

6. I’ll take three, please. Do you have any with eyebrow dots?

7. SlaveToCat says:

I bet they make funny noises, like whoopee cushions, when you gentle sit on them.

I just can’t let a sleeping dog lie, booop, snorgle, zerbert.

8. Ooh never been to Ikea? Definitely go, they even have food so you can spend lots of time and make the hour drive worth it!! I swear, half the stuff in my apartment is from Ikea… but then, I also like to assemble furniture whereas it drives some people totally batty :)

9. loribelle says:

I have one of those, in the floor cushion style.

10. A couple of snoring versions for me please !
    Hi Mocca! I’ve never been to Norway & Ikea is too far away from me but anyone that that likes coffree & especially chocolate is welcome in “teh cute zone” !!!!
    Welcome party for Mocca in the mod lounge after work !

11. heck, I’ve gone just for the meatballs!

12. I can’t either, STC, honesty is very important in a dog.

13. “how do you like my new cushion? careful, though, it squeaks if you step on it!”

14. Goggie probably fell asleep trying to get out of Ikea :lol:

Don’t get me wrong I love the stuff at Ikea, I have an Ikea bed and sofa, there’s just one problem with their store, you have to go through ALL the store to get out and it’s a BIG store!

15. I hear they’re installing teleporters in some stores now. ;). But seriously, although the store layout is like a retail rabbit warren, there are judiciously-placed shortcuts here and there.

16. edmundh says:

We must have the wrong Ikea store here in Toronto. They don’t sell SNÖR, nor do they have cats wandering around:

17. luvstehQte says:

oooh, thanks edmundh! i’d never seen that commercial before–they must not run it in the chicago market. i also am a big fan of the ikea, although i haven’t been in a while. hmmmm, maybe i’d better make a trip out there one of these days…

18. Thanks for the welcome, Rachael , so glad you have had a chance to visit my country! Hope you will come back one day :)

Thank you for the welcome too, Mudbug! And I`ll SOOOOO show up to that welcomeparty! And I`ll of course bring sum Norwegian chokklitt! It is sooooooo good!! ;)

19. Rachael says:

They serve food at Ikea??? Why was I not aware of that? Have I been living in a cave???

20. kodalai says:

I loooove that commercial.

21. Rachael says:

Mocca, I must ask. Do all Norwegians speak English as well as you obviously do? The reason I ask is that years ago (okay, decades ago :) ) there was a girl from Norway in one of my classes and her English was flawless, no accent whatsoever.

22. Saffron says:

Hi Mocca!!!

How to build your Blerg from Ikea:

23. Yes but the buttons in the teleporter will probably in Sweedish so who knows where I’ll end up :lol:

24. Swedish is easy! just watch this set of instructional videos:
    Bork bork bork!

(my apologies to actual Swedes and, really, to people of all Scandinavian cultures… :) )

25. phred's mom says:

thanks ! wonderful commercial!

26. Gigi, you act like that’s not a deliberate design flaw. Really, don’t you need to walk by both bedding, bath, kitchens and sodas before you can get to the swedish meatball section? Logical, true?

And for the love of all that Swedish, how is this not Matchink! This is more subtle than those diabolical cat beds but still, the pillow was designed to match the dog or is it vice-versa?

27. I always wonder how long it took them to wrangle all of the cats out of the store. Must’ve taken a LOT of catnip/tuna. Either that or they were finding new litters in the various departments for years.

28. victoreia says:

Sadly, the nearest IKEA store is three thousand miles away from where I live. And they don’t ship to the middle of the Pacific.

29. sleekityin says:

Muffin looks a bit sheepish.

30. Ha!!

31. Rachael, that is so sweet of you to say, thank you! *blushes*.

I have always felt comfortable with the english language, and most Norwegians feel the same.
    I think that many of us here learn a lot about the english language these days because of the increase of entertainment from englishspeaking nations, and the internet.
    Also tv shows have also made us in Norway understand the sort of cultural lingo that exist in the language, if you will. So we the more subtle undertones of humor or patterns that otherwise would pass us by, and we get better pronunsiation too.
    But when I learned the language though I had none of that, my family didn`t even have more than one Norwegianspeaking channel – no cable or tvshows. I just sat in my room and did my english homework meticulously. I was bullied constantly so I guess something good came out of a hopeless situasion, lol :P
    But trust me, we have a lot of Norwegians that can`t speak english all that good and can be even harder to understand than that swedish chef in muppet show, lol :P

(SORRY that this became such a long reply! Words got away with me today o_O )

32. No need to apologize tracylee, I`m Norwegian and I LOVE those videos, maybe because… we recognize ourselves in that caracter…?? Haha!
    lol :P

33. annfromchi says:

I’m a new-comer as well! I’ve previously commented on the recent bumble bee post, but I neglected to introduce myself properly! So, hello everyone! :) (and Mocca, I too love a good cup of coffee!)

34. Hi Saffron! *waves*
    Wow, that leddeh reeeeeeally know what she is doing there! Who needs instructions when you have a wedding dress!
    lol :P

35. Hi annfromchi :)
    (I`m having a cup of coffee right now actually. But sadly no chocolate in sight :P

36. Hey There Welcome Ann! (Runs to quickly add another name to the welcome banner) “Chi” as in Chicago ? if so please bring a couple of deep dish pizzas for the pot luck buffet. I always wanted to try a real Chicago pie! They always look soooooooooo good on the food shows on t.v. ;oD

37. lds7yrs says:

I don’t know Rachael, I was raised in ‘the boonies’, aka ‘the sticks’, and even I knew this! ;) (JK, Rachael, you were probably too focused on the bargain prices to be distracted by mere food…although they do serve the BEST frozen yogurt soft serve of ALL time!)

38. lds7yrs says:

I’ll be there! Are we having coffee and Chocolate? I’ll bring the brownies!

39. lds7yrs says:

lol :)

40. annfromchi says:

Hi Mudbug and Mocca! Yes, from Chicago! I will surely bring some deep dishes! Some for the buffet, and some for the mod room! Be sure you’re good and hungry for them though, even one slice is very filling! :)

41. If you watch the vid above, the “making of” clip comes up afterwards as a related video. Not what you’d think, and way fun!

42. Fird Birfle says:

If they don’t, I have a Sharpie.

No, Sharpy, not you. A writing utensil /Sharpie !!!

43. Fird Birfle says:

I agree and wanted to suggesh the Matchingks Tag as well …

44. Fird Birfle says:

comme c’est triste, eh, victoreia???

However, OTOH, this will significantly reduce the temptation to spend rent monnayes on throw cooshions ….

45. Fird Birfle says:

Welcome to CO, mocca!! We’re delighted to meetcha!!

46. Thanks, Fird Birfle, and rait bakk att yah :) :)