Hedgie hangin’ with hoomin

(Sound effect of film projector in 6th Grade Science:) “Notice the feeding ritual of this bebeh Hedgie. Its leetle nozzle nose perches precariously above the saucer of meelk, then delicately snorfs eet up. The Hedgie’s hoomin looks on patiently.”

Super photo credit to Cath Schneider.

Comments

1. Theresa says:

OH MA GAH 8O *thud*

2. skippymom says:

I think that is not a human child. I think it is a fairy.

3. SLURP !

4. gail pierson (bunny) says:

Are those milk bubbles! :)

5. Please don’t give milk to hedgies! Or bread. It’s very bad for their tummies, a lot of hedgies die from this. Cat/dog food is better. See: thehedgehog. co. uk/diet.htm

6. Don’t you lay out a plate of milk for the brownies? No, not the type that sell cookies.

7. great footage of a hedgie is his natural environs

8. Theresa says:

The kind you eat?? *confoozled*

9. Sasha's Mum says:

No, brownies, as in the sprite-like beings who live in the woods. They’re related to pixies, but they don’t get along with fairies. Well-known fact.

10. Sasha's Mum says:

I’m also pretty sure brownies prefer to drink lemonade.

11. loribelle says:

And he’s not even using a straw!

12. victoreia says:

One would leave out shoes overnight for them to repair. Rarely seen by humans.
    Think house elves, but smaller, and shyer. Or like Feegles, but helpful, sober, less aggressive generally, and not blue.(I think I covered everything…..)

And don’t take them for granted; they were said to get cranky when humans did so.

13. victoreia says:

Awesome picture! One nit-pick: “It’s” = “it is”. “Its” is the correct usage for a possessive pronoun.

Signed,
    I read a lot, and did okay in grammar class.

14. As long as they’ve got thin mints and shortbreads.

15. I want to go to that magic land where fairy children feed saucers of milk to hedgehogs! Please someone tell me how to get there!!

16. Theresa says:
  17. JenDeyan says:

This is double cute because that little girl is as cute as the hedgehog. What a perfect profile. I love kids with chubby cheeks. I’ve been blessed with lots of adorable nieces and nephews with chubby little cheeks.

18. Fird Birfle says:

winky-winky @ victoreia !!!

19. As cute as the pic is, it’s true what someone said above. Hedgies are lactose intolerant and really, really shouldn’t be given any dairy products that aren’t lactose free. :/

20. No milk for Hedgies! Please underline this in the subscript of the picture…very important to the survival of this species!
    Kees

21. I second this! Milk is very bad for them. They even eat peanuts!

22. Blue Footed Booby says:

Well, maybe the kind you eat, if you’re this guy http://www.nefariousfilms.com/Images/Monsters/paleman.jpg

23. Agreed! This is one time I don’t mind having a kid in the picture! That child really is as cute as a kitten.

Also, that looks more like an ice cube to me, no?

24. I third it. Milk is a complete no-no for hedgehogs (apart from what their mother gives them as infants of course) It gives them terrible tummies and can die. Please DO NOT GIVE MILK!

25. I fourth that no meelks for hedgies!! catfood or hedgehog food, worms slugs etc

26. diddleymaz says:

We has a sad see comment below MILK is BAD for hedgehogs

27. looks like an ice cube to me…

28. luvstehQte says:

although i would NEVER want any animal to get sick and die for the sake of doing something cute, i have to say this picture is MUCH CUTER than it would be if you replaced that dish of liquid with a dish of worms. just sayin’

29. Sasha's Mum says:

The Kid Stays In the Picture!

30. Now that I study the picture more closely, I’m pretty sure that’s ice, and not milk.

31. JenDeyan says:

You know what? I agree. It’s an ice cube. I couldn’t see it until someone pointed it out. Good to know Mr. Hedgie is not getting sick. I don’t want to think of that adorable, little girl crying because her hedgehog is sick.

32. Thank you! –a copy editor.