Great Moments in Evolution

Wilkes-Barre, PA — Inspired by a plate of crispy bacon, Mr. Jingles becomes the first pug in known scientific history to develop opposable thumbs.

“Something will DEF happen in next 3 seconds,” says Carrie T. (via Pinterest)

1. This is the best “I will absolutlely perish if I don’t get a piece of bacon” face I’ve seen in a long time!

2. Agreed. Love the expression of desparation.

3. fleurdamour says:

I thought it was a ‘busted’ face when he looked over the table and saw Owner with a camera.

4. Fleurdamour says:

PS – I can see the tabloid headline now:

5. 260Oakley says:

Pug’s ham-fisted attempt to make lunch

6. ** golf clap **

7. One of the few things I miss as a vegetarian…

8. 260Oakley says:

9. victoreia says:

Them, too.

10. Yep, me too (the bacon, I mean). :)

11. skippymom says:

As I’ve mentioned here before, studies have shown that for the majority of vegetarians who go back to eating meat, bacon is what does it.
    I also recently heard of someone who is “vegan except for bacon”, which is pretty freakin’ redonk.

12. Skippy, I’m shaking my head. I heard someone say “I’m vegetarian but this week I’ll be eating meat”. I kinda wanted to tell the person you aren’t a vegetarian if you’re eating meat.

13. skippymom says:

Emmylyee, what makes me insane is that so many people who call themselves “vegetarians” eat fish. Hello? Fish is the flesh of a dead animal. Do I need to slap you upside the head?

14. Yes! I agree on the fish! So many people say to me, You don’t eat fish either? Like, duh! Fish have feelings too…

15. skippymom says:

Oh carp, I made a reply to Emmylee but I was so impassioned with righteousness that I accidentally spelled ded the other way. While I’m waiting in the lounge I will have the bacon tofuburger.

16. I do guy the fake bacon, but it is a pale imitation… :(

17. that’s buy, not guy
    how do you make that blushing emoticon?

18. Everything, EVERYTHING tastes better with bacon on it! Tofu especially. ;-)

19. I gave up vegetarianism when I had a really bad craving for liver. Guess maybe iron deficiency?
    Also, my pugs… 13 and 17… can’t see well, or hear, but man can they look pathetic and cry a tear when there’s bacon around. And take your finger tips off. Actually, that’s true of most food, popcorn, chicken, beef…

20. I think it was Josh Homme who called it the gateway meat, after re-converting two bandmates.

21. Susanna says:

Oddly, I don’t really miss bacon. I miss chicken more. And the thing that made me fall off the wagon? Gummy Bears. Seriously.

22. luvstehQte says:

uh, do gummy bears have meat in them?? i’m a bit confuzzled….

23. skippymom says:

Gummi bears are made with gelatine, which comes from animals.

24. Ali-Baba says:

Regular ones contain gelatin, which is made with animal bones and connective tissue

25. skippymom says:

For me it was a rare hamburger, after five years. I think it was the tastiest burger I’ve ever had.

26. ehn!

27. Want!

28. phred's mom says:

Yep, WANT! Both bacon and pugsie, in no particular order,
    but BOTH.

29. Baconbaconbacon Gotta get me some of that BACON !

30. And he developed them INSTANTANEOUSLY!

31. skippymom says:

They just popped out!

32. skippymom says:

And he grabbed the bacon! And ate it!

33. murkle46 says:

How cruel Fate is,to have given Pug-kind such an insatiable craving for bacon,but deny them the opposable thumbs their masters blithely flaunt,grasping cunchy bliss effortlessly.Nature laughs.

34. One small step for a pug, a giant leap for goggiekind.

35. I’m not sure my dogs have ever had bacon, now that I think of it. Even before I was a vegetarian I wasn’t keen on cooking it (all that grease, doncha know). I’m guessing they would sell their little souls (and mine too, for that matter) for it. :)

36. Fird Birfle says:

I dunno ’bout You OR yer dogs, Rachael, but in response to these considerations of yours, I say the following: “Soul? What’s a soul???”

37. Rachael says:

Fird, apparently it’s the thing you’ve already sold. :)

38. lds7yrs says:

Nah, the cute stole it. ;)

39. baccccooooon!!!!!!! I think my pup would develop opposable thumbs if there were bacon around the house.

40. It’s….bacon!!!

41. bob drummond says:

oh boy ! num num numn unm –it’s BACON !!!

42. The maple kind?

43. Rachael says:

Bimmea, that is my all-time favoritest of favorite animal vids. I’ve probably watched it 50+ times and it never fails to tickle my funny bone. It should win an Academy Award or sumfin. :)

44. It’s been awhile since I’ve been around pugs, but how did he reach the counter? They’re kind of short with stubby legs.

45. He’s already discovered how to make really big platform boots. Or stilts. Thumbs can’t be far away!

46. It’s the coffee table, I believe. :)

47. That pug’s name is Miguel Sanchez Remore Luca and he belongs to my friend Elli, the raddest Australian lady I know. So glad to see he made it onto Cute Overload!

(check him out on Facebook if you like: )