Raccoon Fell Down The Hole

Laura K. tells us her husband was celebrating his birthday by taking out the garbage and found this. Happy Birthday, James! May your picture forever remind you of this cute day.

Comments

1. This little guy’s waiting for the leftover birthday cake! (I have heard tell that somewhere, some people actually have “leftover cake” but I have never personally seen any myself.)

2. Racoon thought it was a surprise party.

3. Sasha's Mum says:

* clap clap clap*

4. Sasha's Mum says:

Ok, Mr. McCooneyson is v.v. cute and all … but James was “celebrating his birthday by taking out the garbage”?!? That’s my kind o man! (Congrats Laura on your catch!)

5. That look is like an oh hai! you brought me dinner! Fanks :)

6. Maybe a hiss or a spit.

7. My husband celebrates his birthday by not taking out the garbage. Maybe he would take out the garbage if I told him a cute McRaccooner-sons was going to greet him?

8. David Pratt says:

Years ago, my grandfather went to throw some trash in the garbage pit (deep hole with a metal cylinder and lid at the top) and he heard a noise. He went and got a flashlight and there was a raccoon at the bottom. He went and got a rope and tossed one end down the hole. He said as soon as the rope reached bottom, the raccoon knew IMMEDIATELY what it was for and started climbing. :-D

9. skippymom says:

“My” raccoons haven’t been around this summer. In past years they would come to the bird feeder every night, and I used to hand-feed them bananas. (Yes, I know that is wrong, feel free to scold me.) Wonder where the little buggers are.

10. We will imagine that they’ve found a house that’s hand-feeding them banana splits, OK?

11. edmundh says:

OHAI, I CAN HAZ LEFTOVERZ?

12. skippymom says:

I’m thinking that is probably exactly what has happened, now that you mention it.

13. skippymom says:

Also, Blackie, “my” stray cat who’d been coming for a meal every day since the winter, hasn’t shown up in a week, and Francesco, who thought of Blackie as his boyfriend, is heartbroken.

14. leftover… cake? never heard of it.

15. Fird Birfle says:

I don’t understand the combined concept of the two terms “leftover” and “cake”.

“Leftover SALAD”??? Now THAT I TOTALLY comprehend.

16. Fird Birfle says:

Certainly worth a Try, ma’am :)

17. Fird Birfle says:

poor Francesco. Obvy you and Eddy need to go to the shelter and obtain a few new additional kittayes …..

18. Fird Birfle says:

PERFECTION in LOLCAT-speak!!!

19. kibblenibble says:

I could be wrong, but I took it as sarcasm, as in “He only takes out the garbage once a year.” :-)

20. lds7yrs says:

Leftover liver, I get. Leftover green beans, check. Leftover…cake? That’s a negative, tower. We don’t got none of that.

21. bob drummond says:

Don’t tell him that !!! He might want to go get his shot-gun and Elmer Fudd outfit !!SSHHH! I’m hunitng Wacoon – he heh ehe heh !!

22. nazani14 says:

As I type, a gang of ‘coons is walking around the railings on my deck and looking in the windows. My cats (strictly indoor) are so offended.

23. Robin Kiesel says:

Wow! David Pratt, that is so cool!

24. Sasha's Mum says:

Obviously, Laura’s and James’ coon tweeted that cake is regularly to be found in garbage cans. Now all the coons expect cake.

25. Rachael says:

What is this “leftover cake” of which you speak? I am not familiar with the term.

Also… Happy Birfday, James!

26. luvstehQte says:

super cute but a little scary too, since i have to take out MY OWN garbage! *begins looking for the perfect james to take out the garbage/handle the critters*

27. Clairdelune says:

But NOBODY mentioned how absolutely adorable is that little face peering up!!! OK, it would not be a good idea to try and plant a smooch on it or snorgle his/her raccoony tummy, but still…

28. Clairdelune says:

Do you still have all your fingers?? Good for you. Last year a raccoon was trapped in the garage overnight and chewed up all the drywall boards around the garage’s back door trying to get out. Several hundreds of dollars of damage. When I realized what had happened, I opened the door and retreated quickly to the house, and waited for her to join her mate who was still waiting outside in a panic. It’s probably the same couple that this year is raiding the bird feeder at night and gives me the “What, is there a problem?” look when they see me watching them from the window.

29. They’re very, very smart.

30. Sweet face.

Initial thought:

Please, Sir, I want some more!