Sender-Inner Djamila V. writes:

“Hi cuteoverload!
We found this kitten crying in the backyard a week ago. We think she was probably abandoned by her mother, since there are a lot of stray cats in our neighborhood. When we found her she was hiding in the bushes, that’s why we called her “Hyder”. She still loves to hide as you can see in the video (tissue boxes apparently offer a great napping spot):”

She adds: “Hyder loves her little box and will sleep there any chance she gets. We’ll have to upgrade her box before too long. She’s getting big, fast!”

1. What a large purr on such a small cat! Also, her lofs her hoomins. awwwww.

2. Red Toenails says:

Too funny and so cute.

3. Tiiiny Tabbbiiiieee,,,loves tissueee.

Make sure to check out the other video where she plays with the tissue box too. She tries to do a few Maru ™ moves.

4. JohnnyJohnny says:

For those of us less apt, here’s the other vidi. What a cutie!

5. kibblenibble says:

I laughed all the way through this, while wishing Minnie and George were still this little. Ahh, kittayns. *sigh*

6. ROFL!

it falls over sideways, kittayn does the math, then jumps sideways at it!

7. 6rabbits says:

*snortlaff* Love the enthusiasm! Looks like Maru has some competition! :-)

8. Alice Shortcake says:

I love the madly flailing hind legs at 1:30!

9. Fird Birfle says:

*YAY* for “madly flailing hind legs”

10. Alice Shortcake says:

Thankyou. I don’t think the word “flailing” gets enough use these days.

11. KIttyMarthaPoo says:

Thank you JohnnyJohnny for making it easy for us lazier folks.

OMG, she totally is a Maru in training!

12. David Pratt says:

Ok, this begs the question: If you pull her out, does another one pop up?

13. lol

14. Fird Birfle says:

*YAY* David Pratt!!!

15. Years ago, I had a cat who liked to sleep in tissue boxes even as an adult – and she weighed 14 lbs! It was quite a sight watching her carefully tuck herself in, with just her head sticking out and leaning her chin on the top of the box to sleep. I wish I had caught it on video….!

16. If I were Kimberly-Clark or Scott tissue, I’d contract this kitten for a tissue commercial.

17. You had me at “Hyder.” What a cutie-patootie!

18. Hyder is a fantastic name!

19. turn up the volume on this one! lots of little chirping squeaking and purringks going on. thanks to the hoomins for the resqte.

20. 260Oakley says:

Look at that cute little booger hiding in the tissue box.

21. fish eye no miko says:

That pun is nothing to sneeze at!

22. Fird Birfle says:

*engages “like” button*

23. sara wye says:

shades of maru! lucky kitty to have landed in your yard.

24. Lucky baby girl got rescued!

25. I do love those “mee-yawns.” Our Daniel does them all the time, too.

26. Those are my favorite!! When I’m talking and yawn halfway though, it’s not nearly as cute.

27. Fird Birfle says:

bet you *ARE* but just that the ideal observer has not yet turned up ;)

28. Mine used to ‘hunt’ tissues at that age too. She’d be so proud, dragging her “kill” under her belly around the house like some lionness with a gazelle,

And how does this not have a Rescute tag?

29. 6rabbits says:

*holds up still-wet sign*

ResQte! tag ResQte! tag

*waving sign and chanting follow*

30. Fird Birfle says:

*Makes another protest sign with crayolas*

*Joins 6rabbits in chants*

31. 6rabbits says:

FB, we haz been IGNORED!!

32. Fird Birfle says:

— a fate to which I am *sigh*
    “not unaccustomed” —

Poor, poor miserable me.

33. She’s a mini Maru!

34. What a cute little girl! And obviously she found her perfect home. Love the orange toes on her left front paw!

35. I shall go off to bed now and hope that I dream of kittens. I still haven’t gotten another since my grey tabby Eldin died a year ago on New Year’s Eve. I sooo miss having a cat. CO is all that keeps me going some days when I really need a snuggle and a good purr. Thanks, CO for this adornable kitteh.

36. AWW :cry: I am so sorry about the passing of your dear sweet kitty, Eldin, arv9y :cry: (sending a BIG CYBER HUG)

Give it time :) Another kitty or two or more will come into your life :)

37. AWW :cry: I am so sorry about the passing of your dear sweet kitty, Eldin, arv9y :cry: (sending a BIG CYBER HUG)

Give it time :) Another kitty or two or more will come into your life :)

38. Why my post was dupicated I have no idea?! (It showed that I was not logged-in on the bottom of the post and so I logged-in.)

39. Fird Birfle says:

remember Teresa — When it involves even *ONE* coomputer,
    if IN DOUBT, it’s ALWAYS the fault of some unnamed, malevolent conspiracy…

40. Yeah, which still makes it hard not to try and strangle said computer, Fird Birfle :)

41. Hey Captain…… I think we’re gonna need a bigger tissue box !

42. Fird Birfle says:

43. that one orange paw looks like she dipped it in a peanut butter jar!

44. 6rabbits says:

It DOES look like it was dipped in PB!! Anerable!!

45. I wonder if something bad happened to little Hyder’s mom :( A mom cat would not abandon their kitten or kittens unless something bad happened to her :(

I am glad to see that dear sweet little Hyder is doing well in her new loving forever home, Djamila V :D I hope you have many long and happy years with her :D

46. Thanks Teresa! I have no idea what happened to the stray mom, I wish I knew who it was. There are some stray cats that have been hanging around the house for about a year now and haven’t disappeared yet, but there have also been some that have disappeared, unfortunately. We do live pretty close to a busy street and I’m afraid she may have been hit by a car. It is a little odd though that Hyder is the only kitten we found, and not a litter.
    Oh well, she’s safe now and we’re enjoying every second of her :-) (except when she poops outside of the litter box, ha-ha)

47. Djamila V, I’m not sure who’s luckier, you or Hyder.

48. Unless, some dirtbag dumped poor little Hyder near where you live, Djamila V :( Sounds like little Hyder still needs to learn from her adopted parents how to properly use the litter box :)

49. OH MY GOOOODDD, that is so cute I just can’t even cope!

50. Fird Birfle says:

@ kodalai: is the below, at all encouraging??? Hope so.

51. Here we have Maru´s Understudy. Watch out Maru. She´s soon going to grow up and steal your show!

52. *rips open all the boxes of tissues in the house looking for kittens*

53. 6rabbits says:

M., I’m sure you are just as disappointed as my 2-yr-old nephew was when he tore apart a Zip-lock Sandwich Bags box only to find that the Oreo cookies pictured on the outside of the box were NOT on the inside!! :-) The sad decline of truth in advertising.

54. Lol, poor kid! That’s hilarious, though.

55. MinglesMommy says:

How sweet is she…. she looks like my little guy (now a very big guy) when he was that age!

56. beach2peak says:

Yet another lucky rescue…love the one tiny orange front paw.

57. Fird Birfle says:

Hyder will have an AWESOME, thick, floofy furry coat before two years have gone by ….

58. hyder and maru should start a box club

59. the first rule of box club is…

60. Fird Birfle says:

These two comments WIN (im-h?-O)

61. Squeak becomes a yawn becomes a squeak and I fall over dead.

62. MusicFan87 says:

I love how she slowly comes out of the box as she’s waking up, then goes STRAAAAAAAYTCH!

63. oooooooh so cute! reminds me of my little kitty girl :-)

64. OMG send this kitteh to boxhab stat! (At my house!)