It’s like Simon’s Cat—FOR DOGS

Everyone loves Simon’s Cat animated shorts right? RIGHT! Bird Box Films has the puppeh equivalent: “Dinner.”

And bonus Simon’s Cat action:

This Pixar-esque action courtesy of alert movie-porter Newton M.

Comments

1. ThirdShift says:

If I were that dog I would tippy toe and push the pitcher and mug right over. K-E-R-RRRAAASH! Nothing brings a human quicker. Then they can get my dish for me.

2. I love Simon! Is very cute!

3. 260Oakley says:

That is a very counter intuitive strategy.

4. Victoria, Mom to 4 Rats (and one spoiled kitty) says:

Sorry, but Simon’s Cat > Puppy Club

5. You make my brain so happy Oakley.

6. 260Oakley says:

Then my work here is done and I can go to bed. Thanks. ;)

7. Wait, that Pixar thing, have they bought up rights to Simon’s cat? Will we get a movie out of this at least?

8. 6rabbits says:

*grinning from ear to ear* :lol:

9. Shannon says:

I am also wondering about the Disney reference in the title of the Simon’s cat video.

10. dubyah1 says:

Team Simon.

11. meep !

12. The dog cartoon illustrates well why kitchen cabinets are not made like that (at least, none I have seen); they have solid boards in the toe space under the cabinets. That way, dogs can specialize in losing things under sofas, where they belong. Also occasionally under the refrigerator.

I am unable to figure out, via Google, what the deal is with Simon and Disney. Some articles suggest it was a one-episode collaboration related to Simon (the human’s) appearance at VidCon 2012. However, a site called Petside says “Simons’s cat is now being featured on Disney Shorts on YouTube where animal lovers can enjoy watching animated and live action Disney cartoons and short films. Simon’s Cat has joined the ranks of other beloved Disney presentations such as Disney’s Classic Cartoons, the Mini Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and the Muppets. Simon’s Cat has been added to Disney Shorts as one of their ‘Beloved favorite short animations and films selected from Disney Classics and new originals’.” Is House of Mouse merely including Simon’s work on their YouTube channel; is it a distribution deal? Or are they “in control,” does he work for them now? I’m not sure.

13. Fird Birfle says:

your descriptions/ observ’s are all similar to my gathered thoughts/ questions re. simonscat & disney.

I admit to having a chip/ shoulder re Disney genericalizing many concepts.

I also admit that part of what I MOST valued about S’s cat is his person being ENTIRELY un-connected to the non-corporate Establishment …..

Signed,
    What remains of the Everglades is
    experiencing MAJOR environmental damage and
    it’s a few feet outside my apt property…

14. Fird Birfle says:

PS: the puppeh film is darn good but not QUITE as gut-wrenchingly accurate & funny as Simon’scat ….but it’s super!

15. Chris B. says:

I think they modeled the dog after my Pom Boomer. He is just like that. It is fun to watch him eat and chase his bowl down.

16. laineyg6 says:

Love the puppy!!! With regard to Simon, WHO IS THAT NEW KITTY? I shrieked this in my kitchen today, because I was so shocked/excited. Off to explore the website.

17. Kariann65 says:

I loved both these videos! Maybe I’m easy to please. I don’t know. But they were creative and made me laugh!

18. It’s a kitten Mr. Owner brought home a few episodes back. Catch up! Simon’s Cat is like a Soap Opera. Miss one episode and you’re totally out of it :P

19. I’ve never known a dog smart enough to use tools. Simon’s Cat FTW!

20. Yeah, the puppy one was cute but it doesn’t make me laugh like and go dawwww like Simon’s Cat does.

21. I call him Nermal, because I’m old.

Double Trouble: