The Eternal Struggle of Beagle vs. Lemon

In the harsh, unforgiving realm of Nature’s backyard cookout, defensive techniques help small prey squeeze out of danger. In this video, a lemon has fallen under attack by that most fearsome of predators, the beagle. Instinctively, the wily lemon assumes a submissive posture and secretes a powerful substance that causes temporary insanity. Again and again, the beagle strikes, but in the end retreats outside to scrounge half-eaten hamburgers, leaving the lemon free to return to its natural habitat, the iced tea pitcher.

1. Fleurdamour says:

Another evil plot from the Ehn!-lemon-naughty.

I am SURE the cats are behind it.

2. 260Oakley says:

A very pithy remark. Well played!

3. too bad it isn’t a jack russel

then this would be the triumph of rind over ratter…

4. *groooan*

5. Absolutely brilliant from beginning to end, NTMTOM!

This is yet more proof that beagles are just about the silliest things on Earth. And I mean that in a good way.

6. MarvinCat says:

I love all the dog toys strewn about! His human loves him (or her) VERY much!!!

7. Madame X says:

Him. Could not fail but notice his, uh, dangly parts.

And that is one wily lemon, confounding the puppers at every turn! :)

8. Okay, I watched it again to see the dangly parts, but honestly they weren’t really that noticeable. Methinks some of y’all are a bit fixated on the doggie package. :-)
    But the ears, folks, the EARS!!

9. MarvinCat says:

LOL – just watched it again and there is no denying it’s a he ;-)

10. skippymom says:

And I was just about to allow my children to watch this filth!

11. Theresa says:

Won’t someone think of the puppies!!!

12. I always think of the puppies, Th.

(de ja vu?)

13. Fird Birfle says:

deja “entendu” in this ‘tick’lar case, tracylee :)

Boring, Pedantic Major of Outrageux Frawnsche …

14. ooooh never heard’a that one! had to google it :)

15. baahhahhaahha
    this gives me an idea!
    *sings*guess what Miss Schnozz is doing this weekend!
    muah hah hah *villainous handwringing*

16. Fird Birfle says:

poor Mademoiselle la Schnozz …..

17. I love it when NTMTOM goes all David Attenborough. :D

So are we to conclude that lemons are to beagles as tennis balls are to kittens?

18. swampdiamonds says:

Hmm…I have a cat that loves tennis balls. Upon encountering one, she will squat over it and try to engulf it in her kitty belly flab, as if the tennis ball is her egg and she is a very determined, very stupid hen. To me, the results of this tennis ball = lemon experiment are inconclusive. :)

19. Thank you. I just spit cheap wine all over my very expensive computer reading your hilarious post.

20. Better than wasting a mouthful of good wine!

21. fleurdamour says:

Interesting – they are roughly the same shape, size and color.

22. fleurdamour says:

Hey, wait, I think this may be payback from the dogs for the lemon – who always seems to have tennis balls? That’s right, DOGS. Perhaps it’s an endless battle.

23. lakiolen says:

Let’s not forget the Puppy vs. Lime:

24. dubyah1 says:

I was thinking ‘baby vs. lemon’, but that one is even better!
    And the pup made me think of Mr. Frisky:

25. I love the part(s) where he tries to rub the taste off his muzzle on his bed. And bury it, of course. :P

26. marthava says:

That is incredibly adorable. I don’t understand how all these videographers resist laughing out loud while filming. We are talking super human.

27. Fird Birfle says:

the “wily” lemon???? 8-O

28. you’d think they’d save that adjective for a chayote

29. Oh that’s good Blair…

30. fleurdamour says:

And the lemon for a chai-tea.

31. Fird Birfle says:

32. Well…when life gives you lemons, make a dog toy.

33. Also, “This thing has no teeth, and yet it bites!”

34. Fird Birfle says:

35. Formica says:

Watching a beagle taste a lemon is way more fun than watching a baby taste a lemon. ;)

36. fleurdamour says:

I like how he finally snorgles it in his bed.

37. what a coincidence this video went up today, I filmed this two days ago of my dog telling the orange exactly what she thinks about it.

38. ???? What is up with your dog and oranges?

39. That orange is almost as horrifying as Julia Roberts! :-)

40. …so this is what we would call the orange of DOOM!

41. 260Oakley says:

Motto of the Lemon Aid Society: In Dog We Citrus-t.

42. Wow, Oak. That’s both a brain- and a tongue-twister, sorta like a reverse Möbius strip with a half-somersault to the left, while sticking your toes to your nose. Just amazing!

43. victoreia says:

44. tagatha says:

Oh how the beagle tries: front, back, sideways and even upside down… that is ONE WILY LEMON!

45. I can’t see the video because i’m at work and they block all the fun stuff *SNIFF* but the little story that accompanies it was well worth a read, so funny! :) can’t wait till i get home and can actually see it lol.

46. mydragon says:

OMG OMG A BALL!!!! wow… this ball tastes funny… blech

47. I love how the beagle takes his frustration out on the dog bed. Beagles are awesomely silly.

48. I WANT EET. eww i don’t like it… OK NOW I WANT IT MOAR

49. Theresa says:

BTW, Fun Fact: That color of beagle is called “Lemon Beagle.” No kidding.

50. ‘Tis true!

51. My life’s goal is now to own a Lemon Beagle, and 5 minutes ago I didn’t even know they existed. ADORABLE!! Those ears flopping around!

52. rooanne says:

Same here! If they are this silly, I must have one. And the ear floppage reminds me of a woman tossing her hair away from her face.

53. Not a nuff, just a short PSA: citrus fruits are not good for doggies, they can cause stomach irritation etc. Of course, this small amount shouldn’t affect the beagle at all, but just in case anyone out there wants to try this on their doggie, it might be better not to do it on a regular basis.

On another note, love it how the beagle is both kinda scared of the lemon but then also wants to “take it home” into his bed. There also seems to be quite a lot of the doggie logic “Eww this smells nasty, I must cover myself in it” going on.

54. Fave Frame: 0:44, where he looks briefly at the camera for appeal. “WHY?!”

55. here the supposedly same power hungry lemon pits its powers against a Bernese Mountain Dog puppy :)
    Lemon wins :)

56. Fird Birfle says:

but…..the puppeleh sure wins the Eyebrow Dots Conflict!!!

57. I love seeing such young, happy and curious animals. Brightens up my boring monotonous days.

58. Elisabeth says:

I never knew a half-lemon was so tantalizing!

59. Bryoninny says:

Considering all the edits, I wonder how long the struggle of puppeh vs lemon actually went on for. Must have been EPIC.

60. 6rabbits says:

Never have I seen a dog act so much like a kitteh! “It hurts so good” comes to mind!

61. Lots of other silly-beagle videos on that user’s channel. Subbed!

62. Oh my! That puppersons is just hilarious. So much personality in one wee package.

63. fountaingoats says: