Pupanzee

This is all the backstory we have on this one, courtesy Reddit user dmonnens: “After a mother chimpanzee who lived in a zoo died, one of the zoo’s employees took the baby chimp home to care for it. It never crossed his mind that his dog, who had recently given birth, would adopt the chimp and raise it with her pups.”

More cuteness here.

Comments

1. Rachael says:

Oh. My. God!!!

2. He got his ears from your side of the family…

Not a big primate fan but he’s cute. That third pic reminds me of “Raising Hope,” where the daycare has dogs, kids and the elderly all together.

3. When you see photos like this, you have to know that animals have feelings and an understanding of the world, esp. primates.

4. That’s just very confusing for the young chimp. Does he know he’s a chimp or does he think he is a dog?

5. Amen.

6. [sneef, sneef...] Who’s cutting onions in here???

7. I don’t really love apes, but this little guy looks so … happy with all the doggies, like he doesn’t miss a single thing.

8. Shannomo says:

Aww, that’s so sweet. It made me tear up.

9. Fird Birfle says:

Not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…….

*shifty eyes*

10. *gives ceejoe a tissue*….its okay. I was…:)

11. Aww what a sweet story.

Ijust noticed momma in the 2nd pic, supervisingks (heh).

12. that last picture reduced me to a pile of goo. Clean up on aisle 3!

13. I would like to point out the adorbs teeny curled toes (aka, foot-fingers) on the chimp in photo 3.

14. Norbertsmom says:

Double amen :-)

15. SlaveToCat says:

matchkins!

Some days you just have to give away a few hugs.

16. Oh THAT IS ADORABLE! Doggies and a wee chimpsies. It don’t get cuter. What a sweeet story.

17. Emmylee, can you give Shannomo a tissue too? :)

18. Coincidentally, I saw the picture of minkee hugging just as I was cutting up onions…THAT is why my eyes are watering..

19. love these pictures :)
    I want to know more about this dog/chimp family!

20. metsakins says:

every time I think I can get dedder from the cute…..well

21. metsakins says:

I can’t, not I can….I was in shock from the cute….that’s my story

22. Once again animals put us to shame! This mommy dog didn’t hesitate to adopt the wee orphan monkey and the pups welcomed him as a brother. Why is it that animals have more humanity than humans? (stepping off the soap box now)

Squeeeee!!! Cute minky and puppehs!!!!

23. fleurdamour says:

Di-ape-r

24. I knew the modbot would get me for this one. Oh well pass the Long Island Ice Tea and Cheetos please.

25. Of course! *hands Shannomo the tissue box…* Here you go.

26. Sharon Wilson says:

BWA-HA-HA! The second picture reminded me of when human babies try eating dog food!

27. Oh my gosh… that last photo KILLED ME!! And then I clicked the link at the others killed me again!!!

28. This looks sweet but is unfortunately a dangerous thing. While pre-pubescent chimps are easily and totally devoted to whoever rears them, when they reach sexual maturity they turn aggressive and go out of control, quite often hurting those around them. It will be important for the owner to see that the chimp is removed from this environment before the dogs get hurt.

29. kodalai says:

I am sure that the zoo employee, having volunteered to care for the orphaned chimp, is aware!

30. That second photo is great! And the last photo completely killed me, but no idea how I’m still typing…

31. oh i’m totally checking out the curled contented toes!!

32. This is one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen. And that is saying a lot on this site!

33. Fird Birfle says:

so recently you’ve had
    numerous experiences with long tunnels and far-away white lights????

34. Fird Birfle says:

ka CHING

You’re giving 260 0 some serious reason to look in the rear-view window :)

35. Fird Birfle says:

you clearly have a sophisticated, urbane set of tastebuds, Gigi!!!

36. 6rabbits says:

It was merely “cute” until I got to the third picture…
    then *splooey* –confetti and glitter all over the keyboard!
    (New merchandizing idea–Cute Overload Keyboard Protectors–patent pending!)

37. Why did they dock those poor doggies’ tails?! I hope they don’t do the same to their ears :(

38. Oh my! That’s when the tears started for me!

39. dubyah1 says:

So, CO peeps, what do you think: Cane Corso? Which would make her stepson a Mastimian?

40. That’s so insanely cute. I can’t help but wonder how the chimpanzee will grow up to be like.

41. SoCrates says:

and you’re sticking to it…

42. The dog seems to be a mastiff from Russia…http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Baby_chimp_adopted_by_dog

43. for some reason this just broke my heart.

44. MusicFan87 says:

My head just ‘sploded. Ded now, from the Qte.

45. Rachael says:

I might’ve felt that way too, until I realized this chimplet is surrounded by love and he really doesn’t know what he’s missing. He’s got a mom and siblings, not to mention hooman type peoples who obviously love him to bits.

46. I second that! Awwwwwww…….

47. viera catlady says:

That poor little baby chimp just wants some comfort. I want to give it a very big hug and snuggle. .

48. That last picture may have just killed me.

49. Just goes to show the kindness of mothers.

50. Has no one noticed the hovertext on the last pic?! Hilarious! NTMTOM = genius :)

51. burvegas says:

I’m imagining the adoptee using his climbing and container-opening advantages to get treats for his family!

52. Ruffian9 says:

me too…”it’s ok, I’m with my family…”

53. Christ thing i wish I had one

54. zosterops says:

Thanks for pointing this out Paul. It looks cute, but what happens here is a baby ape being denied the proper social environment it desperately needs to leed a normal life as a chimpanzee in agroup of other chimps later on. After all, no one would want their child to be raised by a dog either. Respectable zoos look internationally to find a foster group with other orphaned apes to make sure the baby is socialized properly.