Pandamonium

It’s wild! It’s chaotic! It’s chock full of tocks!

Fave Frame™

To see these guys in person, you would have to travel to Chengdu, China. Avoid the airport and pop on over to Chengdu PAW to get your panda fix.

Comments

1. Chock full o’ tocks. LIKE that. WANT that!

2. Theresa says:

Wow. All those centers-of-gravity. The very definition of “@$$ over teakettle.” :D

3. Theresa says:

HAW! That was before I read the hovertext! Great Minds Think Alike! :lol:

4. Sharon Wilson says:

No fair! I want to play with pandas!

5. I SQUEALED(!!!) with delight. :) :) :) :) :)

6. How come I don’t get to play with Pandas on a slide at work?
    Man, I hate my job. :(

7. Martha in Washington says:

I don’t know who’s luckier–the Pandas for having such a cool jungle gym (but somebody please fix the swing!) or the girl who gets to play on the gym with them!

8. Martha in Washington says:

I’m right there with ya, Saffron! :(

9. I hope they wax that slide ! Watch out for splinters little ones !!!!!!
    Oh, and WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. skippymom says:

I volunteer to repair their swing.

11. Just what I was thinking. All I get is lousy coffee.

12. Fird Birfle says:

Hey Sharon what if you and I play and roll around in a park somewhere.
    Even with no pandas, it might help a leeetle beet???
    I know, my clothes are such a cool design as their black/ white fur ….

13. Fird Birfle says:

boy skippymom & victoreias’ motives are fairly evident !!!

14. Athena's mom says:

I’m here at work watching (shhh shifty eyes) so I had the sound off. So I instead made my own soundtrack inside my head–the sound of bowling pins getting knocked over. It made me hiccup and gasp into my cupped hands, wiggling. I don’t need to pay my mortgage! [sounds of running feet as Athena's mom leaves her desk and goes to China for slide duty]

15. murkle46 says:

A collection of cats is called a clowder.What do you call a swarm of panda cubs?

16. LSHIROTFAC*

*Laughing so hard I’m rolling on the floor and crying

17. I iz ded! Very very ded! Cute Overload you has slayed me this time! Kabooey went my brain! (What do you think their fur feels like?)

18. skippymom says:

I looked it up, and apparently the collective noun is an embarrassment of pandas. 8O

19. No where on the high school job questionaire did I see “Panda Playmate” as an option. I call foul!

20. wuyizidi says:

RE: Broken Swing

I bet all four of them tried to use it at the same time, and then somebody tried to be all kong fuey…

21. Fleurdamour says:

I love it, but I am a bit concerned about that slide – I wish it didn’t end with a six inch dropoff over concrete. The worried mother part of my personality is off and running in full nag.

On the positive side, I wonder if generations of interacting with humans in stimulating environments like this one would alter animals’ evolutionary trajectory. These guys are clearly intelligent, as they know how to take advantage of an opportunity for fun, and we’ve changed behavior patterns in other animals, like dogs. Talking Narnia animals would be way cool.

22. Playing Pandas! *falls over ded* *thunk*

23. Between this video and the stray cat jumping on a reporter during a live broadcast.i cant stop smiling.so much cute.

24. More like an embarrassment of joy.

25. I found it as a cupboard of pandas. Which sounds like the most delightful kitchen storage space in the world.

26. I was worried about that concrete too! But I figure pandas have super plush fluffy fur, and tough little bear hides, so they don’t seem to mind :)

27. gah! tooooo cute! Although, I will admit the one who decided to climb the slide towards the end, slightly reminded me of me when i was young…

28. victoreia says:

Eh? Somebody called my name?

29. victoreia says:

No kidding!!

30. as in, Hong Kong Fooey?!

31. Do they have any vacancies to work with these gorgeous little guys, I was thinking about a $100 per month – but I cannot afford to offer more – GIZZA JOB

32. bob drummond says:

Okay ‘ you’re hired but you have to live in China !!!

33. Fird Birfle says:

Hello, ma’am. Your skillz have spread to Mme la mere du skippy!

34. Sleekityin says:

Love the panda pileup and the somersaulting near the end.

35. wuyizidi says:

Sorry, I meant kung fuey. That was a line in Kung Fu Panda, except I don’t know the proper spelling :)

36. I have been to the Chengdu breeding center and played with these pandas. It is TOTALLY worth the trip.

37. really?! what does their fur feel like? is it rough and coarse or soft and fluffy? do they smell bad?

38. oh no, i was just trying to find a way to squeeze in a little offensive nostalgia. :)

39. I didn’t touch any adults, just fed them and cleaned up their cages. Soft fur on the babies.They are warm and squishy. I have a video of me holding a baby and she keeps sliding down my lap. She smelled like straw/bamboo, I guess. I basically was near tears the whole time I was so excited.

40. wuyizidi says:

LOL, I’ve seen that character, but never saw the show. I imagine it’s ‘offensively nostalgic’ in the same way Herculoid was :)

41. Tater Tot says:

Number one super guy!

42. Funny the soundtrack in my head had a couple of “bonk” noises and then some sliding trombone, and a few whistlees, bells and boops going off.

43. baroo? i do not know this Herculoid you speak of!

44. no kidding! what a great experience! you heard it from cuteporter liz, BABY PANDAS ARE SQUISHY!!

45. YAY!!!!

46. MandaLeigh says:

Holy jeeze, that has to be the best job of all time. Sliding with pandas. Swoon.

47. Christy says:

I absolutely LOVE pandas! And this video was GREAT! However, why isn’t anyone commenting on the landing area being concrete?!?! The flipping panda could have easily hit its head and been injured on that concrete! I also see problems with the safety of the spindles on the sides of the slide. A panda could get its head caught between then and hurt its neck. As we know, pandas are rare, so they should be better protected.

48. Video toddler-approved!