Just Like Momma

Momma! When we grow up we want a tail just like yours!

So you want a gorgeous plume like mine? (beams with pride)

No, we want to be able to clear table tops with a single swish!

Hair raising, jurvetson!

Comments

1. Theresa says:

I lerve, lerve, lerve the majestic, plume-like tail!

Look at the elegance it lends to this thieving little pixie! :P

2. yes! i’ve clicked on that one before too. that awkward little walkey walk keels me every time. and the tail is fox like!

3. Fird Birfle says:

Maybe the hovertext should have been this word sequence:

“THAT’s not a tail. THIS” [SWISH] is a TAIL !!!”

4. The Original Jane says:

First thought was: Dutchess from the Aristocats. Very regal looking. :)

5. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

At least they WANT to keep things clean.

6. five kitties or six??

7. better make it six. don’t think i could stop snorgling at five.

8. Mary (the first) says:

I’m thinking six, also.

9. Mary (the first) says:

Well, maybe 5. I think #s 2 and 3 (from the top) have their heads criss-crossed, rather than being # 2, 3, and 4.

10. 260Oakley says:

Hmm, I wonder if any of the kittens are ever tempted to indulge in a little nom de plume?

11. How can it be so f*****g clean there? Ever since my kitties moved in, there is cat hair all over the place :(

12. dubyah1 says:

Makes me miss my Maine Coon: that was a cat o’ nine tails; imagine the wavy plumage above magically tabbified and grafted upon the swift and solid thumpiness of Maru’s tail. If its purr-y wielder twined around you, it was like getting beaten with a pretty stick.

13. why not? it’s the plume de mom

14. Oh for cryin’ out loud , resistance is futile ! Just accept the fact the cat has decided to own that hat & get yourself a new one ! (evil giggle )
    BTW, Wasn’t Data’s cat a Somali ?

15. Looks from clicking on the link @ the bottom and reading the captions below the photos that it’s six! :) How cute!

16. I think Spot was an orange tabby.

17. There were two Spots: One an orange tabby, and one a Somali.

18. Stereo groaning.

19. If I were an artist, this would have inspired me to draw an artistic pinup of a similarly long furred anthro cat girl using her floofy tail to keep it decent.

20. Cat’s all, “My hat! It has a fuzzy thingamabob, therefore, it is mine.” Obviously, its logic is unimpeachable.

21. Theresa says:

“Fuzzy thingamabobs” fore and aft. :D

22. Cheating a little, the notes on Flickr say six. (The bebehs spontaneously form into two molecules of three kittens each.)

23. Fishy98 says:

Livvy looks like she is part squirrel. :)

24. Mama kitty looks very dehydrated. I hope sweet bebe kittehs aren’t overtaxing her. She’s beautiful though.

25. Level ten privacy tail, no?

26. Felis catus is your taxonomic nomenclature,
    An endothermic quadruped, carnivorous by nature;
    Your visual, olfactory, and auditory senses
    Contribute to your hunting skills and natural defenses.

I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations,
    A singular development of cat communications
    That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection
    For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.

A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents;
    You would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance.
    And when not being utilized to aid in locomotion,
    It often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion.

O Spot, the complex levels of behavior you display
    Connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array.
    And though you are not sentient, Spot, and do not comprehend,
    I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend.

27. What an adorable kitty family! And I looove momma’s tail…

28. what breed is this pretty lady?

29. onionpencil says:

never mind i read the flickr

30. Despite the name, Spot is not actually patterned with spots. Spot originally appears as a male Somali cat, but later appears as a female orange tabby house cat,[13] eventually giving birth to kittens (TNG: “Genesis”). The authors of the Star Trek Encyclopedia jokingly speculate that these inconsistencies can be explained by the idea that Spot is a shape-shifter or victim of a transporter accident (depending on which edition of the Encyclopedia one reads).[citation needed]

Both :)

31. JenDeyan says:

I love that “Cat is stealing something too big for him/her” walk!

32. Sheldon Cooper: “sigh”.

33. AWW :D What a beautiful mommy cat with her six sweet little kittens :D I so want to gently snorgle mom and kittens :D

34. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

Such a pretty mama!

35. Mommy needs a good brushing but boy, she’s an elegant beauty, Somebody give her a spa day already.

36. Oh, I have a darling 1 yr old Maine Coon. Her tail is magnificant…and so is her ruff. Maine Coons (ok, and Rag Dolls) have fabulous personalities!

37. Blue Footed Booby says:

During one episode she turned into an iguana.

38. ScoutsMom says:

If you haven’t already done so, be sure to check out Too Cute! on Animal Planet. Each episode features a family of newborn cats or dogs and follows them throughout the first few weeks. It is definately too cute!

39. I always assumed Data had a series of different cats, all named Spot. My Grandma always had a blue parakeet named Mr. Bird, in much the smae way.

40. You could sign the Declaration of Independence with that tail!

41. The Flickr says she’s a Ragdoll, but she looks different from the pictures of ragdolls I’ve seen. Anybody have more experience with this?

42. Malle Babbe says:

“I know what you’re thinking… Are there six kittens or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this squeeing I kind of lost track myself…”

43. luvstehQte says:

so, do you feel lucky–punk?