Just Like Momma

Momma! When we grow up we want a tail just like yours!

So you want a gorgeous plume like mine? (beams with pride)

No, we want to be able to clear table tops with a single swish!

Hair raising, jurvetson!

1. Theresa says:

I lerve, lerve, lerve the majestic, plume-like tail!

Look at the elegance it lends to this thieving little pixie! :P

2. How can it be so f*****g clean there? Ever since my kitties moved in, there is cat hair all over the place :(

3. Oh for cryin’ out loud , resistance is futile ! Just accept the fact the cat has decided to own that hat & get yourself a new one ! (evil giggle )
    BTW, Wasn’t Data’s cat a Somali ?

4. I think Spot was an orange tabby.

5. There were two Spots: One an orange tabby, and one a Somali.

6. Felis catus is your taxonomic nomenclature,
    An endothermic quadruped, carnivorous by nature;
    Your visual, olfactory, and auditory senses
    Contribute to your hunting skills and natural defenses.

I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations,
    A singular development of cat communications
    That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection
    For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.

A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents;
    You would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance.
    And when not being utilized to aid in locomotion,
    It often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion.

O Spot, the complex levels of behavior you display
    Connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array.
    And though you are not sentient, Spot, and do not comprehend,
    I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend.

7. Sheldon Cooper: “sigh”.

8. Despite the name, Spot is not actually patterned with spots. Spot originally appears as a male Somali cat, but later appears as a female orange tabby house cat,[13] eventually giving birth to kittens (TNG: “Genesis”). The authors of the Star Trek Encyclopedia jokingly speculate that these inconsistencies can be explained by the idea that Spot is a shape-shifter or victim of a transporter accident (depending on which edition of the Encyclopedia one reads).[citation needed]

Both :)

9. I always assumed Data had a series of different cats, all named Spot. My Grandma always had a blue parakeet named Mr. Bird, in much the smae way.

10. Blue Footed Booby says:

During one episode she turned into an iguana.

11. Cat’s all, “My hat! It has a fuzzy thingamabob, therefore, it is mine.” Obviously, its logic is unimpeachable.

12. Theresa says:

“Fuzzy thingamabobs” fore and aft. :D

13. Fishy98 says:

Livvy looks like she is part squirrel. :)

14. yes! i’ve clicked on that one before too. that awkward little walkey walk keels me every time. and the tail is fox like!

15. JenDeyan says:

I love that “Cat is stealing something too big for him/her” walk!

16. Fird Birfle says:

Maybe the hovertext should have been this word sequence:

“THAT’s not a tail. THIS” [SWISH] is a TAIL !!!”

17. The Original Jane says:

First thought was: Dutchess from the Aristocats. Very regal looking. :)

18. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

At least they WANT to keep things clean.

19. five kitties or six??

20. Looks from clicking on the link @ the bottom and reading the captions below the photos that it’s six! :) How cute!

21. better make it six. don’t think i could stop snorgling at five.

22. Mary (the first) says:

I’m thinking six, also.

23. Mary (the first) says:

Well, maybe 5. I think #s 2 and 3 (from the top) have their heads criss-crossed, rather than being # 2, 3, and 4.

24. Cheating a little, the notes on Flickr say six. (The bebehs spontaneously form into two molecules of three kittens each.)

25. Malle Babbe says:

“I know what you’re thinking… Are there six kittens or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this squeeing I kind of lost track myself…”

26. luvstehQte says:

so, do you feel lucky–punk?

27. 260Oakley says:

Hmm, I wonder if any of the kittens are ever tempted to indulge in a little nom de plume?

28. why not? it’s the plume de mom

29. Stereo groaning.

30. dubyah1 says:

Makes me miss my Maine Coon: that was a cat o’ nine tails; imagine the wavy plumage above magically tabbified and grafted upon the swift and solid thumpiness of Maru’s tail. If its purr-y wielder twined around you, it was like getting beaten with a pretty stick.

31. Oh, I have a darling 1 yr old Maine Coon. Her tail is magnificant…and so is her ruff. Maine Coons (ok, and Rag Dolls) have fabulous personalities!

32. If I were an artist, this would have inspired me to draw an artistic pinup of a similarly long furred anthro cat girl using her floofy tail to keep it decent.

33. Level ten privacy tail, no?

34. Mama kitty looks very dehydrated. I hope sweet bebe kittehs aren’t overtaxing her. She’s beautiful though.

35. What an adorable kitty family! And I looove momma’s tail…

36. what breed is this pretty lady?

37. onionpencil says:

never mind i read the flickr

38. AWW :D What a beautiful mommy cat with her six sweet little kittens :D I so want to gently snorgle mom and kittens :D

39. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

Such a pretty mama!

40. Mommy needs a good brushing but boy, she’s an elegant beauty, Somebody give her a spa day already.

41. ScoutsMom says:

If you haven’t already done so, be sure to check out Too Cute! on Animal Planet. Each episode features a family of newborn cats or dogs and follows them throughout the first few weeks. It is definately too cute!

42. You could sign the Declaration of Independence with that tail!

43. The Flickr says she’s a Ragdoll, but she looks different from the pictures of ragdolls I’ve seen. Anybody have more experience with this?