How Hot Is It?

Missie sat down in the sun and her little butt made a big discovery. The sidewalk is HOT!

Missie got right up and wondered, which way to go, which way to go?

Hot, hot, hot, hot, hot! Halp! I am not in the mood for spontaneously combusting today!

Alyssa S. sent in these precious pics of Missie, her 9 week old (naturally) red Boston Terrier.
Remember to provide lots of fresh water for our furry friends!

Comments

1. Fird Birfle says:

All right, peeps, all together, with me now:

“Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!~!!!!!1111!!!!!”

2. and never ever ever leave these fur-babies in the car unattended & frying…….. :shock:

3. Come, leetle one, and I will cool your feets and nibble your earses until all your troubles just melt away. *thud*

4. What’s that sizzling noise? And what’s that cooking, Doc? WHOA! 8O

5. skippymom says:

I volunteer to rub aloe vera on her ‘tocks.

6. Corkscrew tailio!

7. Get one of these for Missie, STAT!

8. folks, I had a “you know you read too much CO when…” moment this morning – I was researching for work and saw a county website link for “Inspections/Zoning” that at first glance looked like it read “Interspecies/Snorgling”
    *sigh…*

9. Red Boston Terrier? I didn’t know there was such a thing. What a cutie!

10. 260Oakley says:

Her Boston Red ‘Tocks? ;)

11. Well Tracylee there’s no help for you now you are officially OVERLOADED! There’s no going back now.
    CONGRATS !!! ;oD

12. oh u r just 2 much! lol

13. Careful when you do that, Skippymom, she might, you know . . . :P

14. It SHOULD have read “Interspecies snorgling.” So there.

15. I liked Boston Terriers before, but a ginger one? LOVE IT!

16. skippymom says:

Might what, Theresa? I have no absolutely no idea what you are suggesting.

17. skippymom says:

That kind of overexuberance didn’t get you booted into mod? I am impressed.

18. Watch out for those tender pink paws on the hot sidewalk! Even adult dogs’ pads can get easily burned.

19. fleurdamour says:

I once saw a gorgeous Husky in the back seat of a parked car at the Target store in the San Fernando Valley. It was a superhot day, and both back windows were open, but he still looked miserable. I took a bottled water from my car and approached him cautiously, which was an unnecessary precaution because he was a mildmannered sweetiepants. I reached the water through the open window and he slurped it down with gusto. I left the bottle between his front paws to send a message to whoever left him there to swelter in a fur coat. They should have taken him home and come back another time.

20. SlaveToCat says:

Ok I’ll be the one to go there…..

Oh what a cute little hot dog. I hope he doesn’t burn his buttered buns on the side walk.

21. skippymom says:

Bless you, fleurdamour, you are an awesomely good person.

22. skippymom says:

eyeroll

23. Those big white sox are killing me. Like he’s wearing Micky Mouse gloves.

24. Never fear little puppersons…I’ll save you!!!

25. Theresa says:

Oh, you know . . . POOP on you. :mrgreen:

26. skippymom says:

It never would have occurred to me that that was what you meant, Theresa. I am shocked that such a highly educated person as you has her mind so deep in the gutter. Is that all you ever think about–poop?

27. emmberrann says:

If you insert the word “university” between Boston and Terrier, you get my college mascot. Woof!

28. Actually, it must have, because I’m pretty sure that chesirekittehkat’s post was first (bleenth?) when I came in this thread before.

29. Fird Birfle says:

YUP, you’re both right. The Mod Gods must have been feeling indulgent ‘cuz it
    was in the Mod Lounge earlier today and now there it is visible!

30. Theresa says:

:lol:

31. Fleurdamour says:

Hot dog buns!

32. fleurdamour says:

I vote a 3 am expedition to make it so. I’ll drive the getaway car, you guys bring the paint.

33. fleurdamour says:

Aw, shucks, thanks Skippy. I just didn’t see why he should have to suffer because his owner priortized shopping over him. Nothing in any store is worth doing that to an animal.

34. Theresa says:

I’m there! Wear your sneakers! :lol:

35. Theresa says:

White Sox? But– but– he’s a BOSTON terrier!

36. fleurdamour says:

‘Splode!

37. victoreia says:

*giggles*

38. Theresa says:

Someone once described a Tuesday evening at Fenway as “You’re sitting there with 8000 guys named Sully.” :lol:

39. Theresa says:

So anyway, Skippymom, you’re still rubbing barbecue sauce on that little Boston butt?

40. Theresa says:

PS I’m painting “SKIPPYMOM” up on the water tower. :P

41. Mary (the first) says:

Yep. Once was somewhere and a crowd around a car.. not an exceptionally hot day but hot enough and dog in car. A cop was even there, but he said he couldn’t do anything until the animal control (who had been called) showed up. Some of us were ready to break a window to help the dog, who was starting to look visibly stressed. (I had to leave the scene so I don’t know the ending, but lots of people besides me were ready to step in so I know it was ok in the end.)

42. A ginger fur-baby! Her eyes are so BIG! Awww, baby, get on the nice cool grass.

43. prinsas beans says:

can’t hardly stand the cute. a redhead, and fabulousimo muzzlepuffs!

44. I once had a longhair cat who got an infected anal gland. When she came back from the vet, her butt was shaved. She wanted to go out on the porch. It was the middle of winter. She was practically knocking the door down trying to get back in.

45. Lerrinus says:

I once saw a sign on a lightpost on my street that said ” Baby Animals”
    I took a closer look and it said Babysitting Available…:shock:
    Must have been a long day!

46. :lol:

47. At least he’s a RED boston terrier.

48. skippymom says:

Right over Fu Manchu’s face?

49. skippymom says:

I love it!

50. Fird Birfle says:

(wondering about the “water tower” and Fu Manchu ….but too cowardleh,
    to ask for details ……8-O)

*Twilight Zone theme song*

51. Fird Birfle says:

(then wonders if it’s about Bah-ston,
    in re. the base-baru discussion, ‘way up further ^)

52. skippymom says:

Fird, I’m not sure what Theresa meant, I was talking about the water tower in Boston. There’s a painting on it that contains what looks like an old Asian man’s head. It was painted by a nun in the seventies and back then there was controversy that she was a communist and snuck in the head of some historical or political figure whose name I can’t remember (not Fu Manchu, as he’s fictional as I discovered while trying to look up just what the hell I’m talking about). All this was told to me as a child and it’s a bit of a muddle.

53. Theresa says:

Skippymom, whenever you’re not sure what I meant, just assume I’m talking about POOP. :P

Also: Ho Chi Minh, perhaps?

Firdie: I was just talking generally about the supposed time-honored tradition of young rapscallions climbing up to the water tower in the inky shadows, and writing (or painting) something awesome, or appalling, or just plain dumb on it. :D

54. Theresa says:

*Hanna-Barbera bongo drum running sound effect*

55. skippymom says:

Ho Chi Minh it is!!! *buzzers and bells going off* Bingo! Now I feel really stupid that I couldn’t come up with that name.

Now, Theresa, on another note: “awesome, or appalling, or just plain dumb”? And my name is…which of these??

56. Theresa says:

Appallingly awesome, of course!

57. Fird Birfle says:

8-O

WOW that sure CLARIFIED EVERYTHING sk’mom & Theresa!!!

JK; it’s all fun stuff & “thanks for playing” :)

58. skippymom says:

Dear Fird, I’ve just read over this comment thread, and I can’t for the life of me imagine how you could be confused by any of it. It’s all CRYSTAL CLEAR, as far as I can see.

59. FEET ALSO GET HOT!!!! Especially BRAND NEW puppy pads!!!!! Please let her out in the morning!

60. Fird Birfle says: