You Kids Stay Outta My Yard!

Back in my day, kids respected a fella’s yard. My nuts are down there!

That squirrel has a bad case of the old and grumpies, Johan C.

Comments

1. Theresa says:

I think he has a case of the choochy-faced cuties, myself. :P

2. Fird Birfle says:

*shaking fist in sky to emphasize skwryl-grumpiness*

3. I think they’re incredibly cute too, but I’d be a little nervous letting one get that close to my face…

4. Theresa says:

A squirrel once landed on my brother’s head. Truly.

5. Wow! It seems like she has posed for you!

6. *giggles at Firdie* heee….

7. I think this was taken with a telephoto lens.

8. NurseNoir says:

Ear tufts!

9. 260Oakley says:

That’s what he told you, Theresa, but are you sure it was a squirrel and not just a cheap toupée?

10. Ali-Baba says:

He kinda looks like he’s in one of those sauna box things. My first thought was this might be a I Love Lucy episode. Ya know, the one where Lucy sneaks into a spa to finagle a part in Rickys’ latest show. ;-)

11. Theresa says:

I understand your skepticism, especially given all the bad rugs around. But I actually witnessed the landing. :D

12. skippymom says:

Did he poop on his head?

13. skippymom says:

He has a bad case of grumpy old man ear tuftage.

14. Theresa says:

Ah, Skippymom Always gets right down to the essentials. :P

15. skippymom says:

Yes, Theresa, and I venture a guess that I am not the only one here who wants to know: DID the squirrel POOP on your brother’s head???!!!

16. Theresa says:

Actually, Skippymom, no, it didn’t. This is the sequence of events: Family outing to Brooklyn Botanic Gardens, which had a population of extremely assertive Brooklyn skwerls. One of said skwerls started to run up my dad’s leg. Dad kicked skwerl off; skwerl sailed through air, and landed on Bro’s head. Bro freaks out completely, BUT: just shakes skwerl off head, and skwerl disappears into bushes. No poop involved.

17. fleurdamour says:

How old was your brother at the time? Just trying to picture the whole scene.

18. Kari Callin says:

“What do you want?! What?! NO ONE gets in to see the Wizard! No one, no HOW!”

19. skippymom says:

Your father kicked the squirrel into the air and it landed on your brother’s head?! That is so redonkulous I almost…never mind.

20. Fird Birfle says:

heh heh @ Theresa, & @ skippymom re: “gets right down to the essentials” :)

21. Theresa says:

When I was little, I thought those were refrigerators.

22. Theresa says:

HAW

23. Theresa says:

Fleurdamour, it was a long time ago, I’m having trouble pinpointing it, but it was before he started school, so he was pretty little.

24. skippymom says:

I think I’m going to start having Eddy say in a grumpy voice, “MY NUTS ARE DOWN THERE!”

25. Ali-Baba says:

I totally heard that in Pacino’s voice…pictured skwerlio thumping the birdhouse for emphasis, “My nuts are down theah!” ;-)

26. “Be ever so kind, lads, and debark from my lawn. There’s a good gaggle of upstarts.”

27. Last night during a running session in the park, this one crazed squirrel kept running back and forth across the path. I assume he was working on nut storage or something. At first I was like, “Okay, I like squirrels, but MOVE, I need to get through this run.” By the end my attitude had changed to, “Oh, squirrel. Please carry me. I will provide you with nuts for a lifetime.”

28. Fird Birfle says:

*stifling the R-rated joke about “his” “nuts” ….*

Signed,
    Repressed but still mischevious Catholic Gurrrl

29. tesstricks says:

I don’t think I will ever tire of double entendres involving squirrels and nuts.