Thanks For The Baby!

You know, it was touch and go for a while; the noise, the smell and how it was all about the baby and not so much about me. But, since the kid has gotten older and started dropping food for me to eat, I’ve grown to love it. The little dude still stinks, but it’s a stink I think I like.

We’re all about a happy ending, Brinke G.

Comments

1. Precious pup and babe!

2. Red Toenails says:

Two sweeties. Hugs and kisses.

3. Kind of want a primate tag… Good pup, sharing his chair.

4. Primate tag would work but so would “A boy & his dog ” or “interspecies snorgling”.
    (Sigh ) decisions, decisions!

5. awwww look how gentle this puppers is with its hoomin :)

6. Ali-Baba says:

Now those are some MAJOR toe beans! I’ll be full for a week! Nom nomnom nom nom :-)

7. Cutest baby sitter ever!

8. Is that a Bark-a-lounger?

9. prinsas beans says:

luv, luv, luv that this family’s “babies” apparently luv one another. If I were that human niblet, I’d count my lucky stars to have a schnoogle-buddy like this one!

10. Soooo adorable and so very sweet.

11. fleurdamour says:

Interspecies spooning!

12. dubyah1 says:

mast-ive toe beans!

13. ^ oakleytastic

14. victoreia says:

No no no! It should be “a dog and his boy”! (or girl, as the case may be.)

15. Theresa says:

Exactly!

16. Theresa says:

^Holy carp!!! 8O

17. Cathy Dee says:
  18. Couldn’t love it more! :D

19. Best baby sitter ever. No one will steal that baby!

20. Rachael says:

What a lucky kid to be growing up with such a loving anipal. Those memories will last forever and – I believe – make this child a better human being for it. ♥♥♥

21. (sigh) My ancestors used to be ferocious gard dogs and now look at me, I’m a freeking nanny!

22. mindadale says:

Title and hovertext are perfect! Loves!

23. NurseNoir says:

I’m surprised no one has yet called dibs on those cushy-plump baby human legs. I hereby stake my claim! Mmmm… squeezable, plushy, nommish, raspberry-blowable baby legs! And that wunnerful dog is definitely the inheritor of Carl’s mantle. LOVE IT!

24. Hey, at least they don’t make you wear the cap and apron like in Peter Pan.

25. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

Yes! I remember that book from my bookstore-working days. I always thought it was adorable.

26. skippymom says:

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH a human child!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *stabs out own eyes*
    Sorry, couldn’t help it.

27. Inquiring minds want to know……..what are they watching? TV, maybe Scooby Doo? They seem pretty happy……..I remember trying to “cuddle” our St. Bernard when I was about 5, I could ride her like a pony……great memories!

28. skippymom says:

I still have a small scar on my face from when I was two and was making one of my teddy bears ride on our german shepherd. It was totally my fault that he nipped me as I was seriously annoying the poor dog, but my parents freaked and “sent him to live on a farm.”

29. The kid has a look on hid face like ‘Mom, he thinks I’m a chew toy!’

30. Sorry to hear about that. We had a chow mix at the same time with the St. Bernard and I had to be very careful when the 2 were together cause they would fight terribly when I was around. When I was with them one on one, they were both good dogs, but together, they would bite you. My grandma said they acted that way because they were jealous…..not sure if they were jealous of each other or me. Big dogs too when you are 5.

31. Fird Birfle says:

gives skippymom a pair of marbles to use for eyes.

*snerks quietly*

32. skippymom says:

Ooohhh, everything looks so colorful and swirly now! Thanks, Fird!

33. what a wonderful photo of what will surely be a long and meaningful friendship.

34. Bookend says:

I can’t help but be reminded of the neighbours’ kids… They both came in from a very young age to play with our three labs – and we had a policy of not intervening unless there was actual danger involved (such as the kids trying to climb on the dog while they were very obviously growling and not being in the mood).

The kid from the right house got nipped after pulling one of the dogs’ tail, and the parents immediately tried to get us to put down what they perceieved as a dangerous, wild animal. The kid grew up to be terrified of dogs, and would kick at any dogs, no matter the size, that got within reach.

The kid from the left house got nipped after pulling the ears of another of the dogs. The parents were cautious, but allowed her child to keep visiting. Sure, he got a few nips more after pulling more ears, punching the dogs and trying to take their food bowls during dinnertime, but also learned the dogs’ boundaries that way. Kid is now a grownup and helps out at the local veterinarian, where he’s one of the few that can wrangle the more feral dogs safely, simply because he learnt to read dog body language at a very early age.

35. lisa chieco says:

Am I the only voice of sanity here? I mean there is probably real jealousy existing in pup for the new comer and that picture is rife with the possibiliy of doggied leaning down and biting the scalp and nose off of baby. I think it’s a llittle too blase of the parents to attribute this sort of reasonlng to the pack mentality our animals are naturally prone to exhibit. It only takes one time and all the cuteness in the world can’t make up for the stupidity of shoving a toddler on the lowest escholon of the pack as his superior in such a vulnerable way. I hope it all stays safe.