Squirrel Tales – Truffle

Once upon a time, a baby squirrel fell from the nest and landed on the sidewalk. Now, this may have ended very badly if it were any other squirrel. But, the squirrel named Truffle was…let’s see, how to say this nicely…quite portly. It was this portliness that cushioned his fall.

The Cute Overload Fairy saw what had happened and brought Truffle to a nice Lady named Miriam. Miriam loved this baby and rather enjoyed how, um, chunky he was. She could not resist squishing Truffle’s chubby cheeks with her finger.

Miriam also delighted in keeping little-big Truffle warm and stylish.

The Cute Overload Fairy was very proud of Miriam for giving Truffle the job of comforting other orphans like Brownie and Cupcake. It made Truffle feel like he was part of a family again.

The Cute Overload Fairy wants to thank all of the people who foster and care for sick and orphaned animals, like Miriam S. SMOOCH!

Comments

1. skippymom says:

The squirlios are adorable but I am running away screaming from those feets in the last picture.

2. skippymom says:

The feet distracted me so much that at first I failed to notice Truffle’s comforting hand resting on the head of the baby who appears to sucking his/her thumb. Awwwww.

3. skippymom says:

appears to BE

4. baileysgrandmom says:

They DO seem to have an overly generous amount of feets, don’t they? But how TEWTALLY cute! I would never get anything else done for sitting and cuddling the wittle guys.

5. This post started with a giggle but by the last photo I was a puddle of goo o the floor.

6. Oh my lordy, I would totally be ded with that much adorableness in my house!

And – eye capsules! [plink plink]

7. Truffle Shuffle!

8. Danielle says:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww…Thank you so much Miriam….Awwwwwwwwwwwww

9. I lurve squirlio’s, i don’t get why some people call them tree rats! Is it ok and safe for the baby to be adopted by humans? I never know what’s the best thing to do, i occasionally see what LOOKS like an abandoned bunny or squirrel but don’t know if it’s best to leave the critter be or to take it in :( i don’t want to take him away from his momma but if momma isn’t coming back then i’d surely be his momma instead. OH THE ANGST!

10. Mary (the first) says:

Truffle seems to have become a perfect big brother to the littler ones! Sweeeeet!

11. 3Kittyboyz says:

Perhaps somebody should knit them some teeny tiny squirrelio socks…?

12. All of the photos are adorable, but that top one totally kills me. Truffle really looks like he’s laughing!

13. Awwwwww….if I poke his belleh will he giggle like the first pic??

14. Oh my goodness. SO cute!! That first photo kills me ded… DED I say!!!!

15. prinsas beans says:

“I’m not chubby, just extra cushiony,” says squirrely Truffle “And there’s extra me for others to schuggle with, too.”

16. Mamabear says:

Pretty much the same response I had, but I “awwww”‘ed at the first pic, clenched my toes on the second and was puddled by the third!

17. Fird Birfle says:

Here’s some data, Tamara!!
    I hope it is a decent match. :)

At the bottom of the page there are recommendations about mixing
    formula for different types of baby forest animals.

18. Squeee! Truffle made CO. Truffle was like the squirrel that ate Manhattan. SO fat and squideable but such a sweet baby. Thanks Crazy Pants.

19. LOVE ME SOME TRUFFLE!!!! That first pic has ALWAYS been my fav, Miriam!!!

20. JohnnyJohnny says:

True Fact: Small mammal babies, like sqwerls, have a hard time regulating their body heat. So, right out of the womb they love to snuggle in little sqwerly piles of cute. But caution is necessary as these piles of cute often are mistaken for sqwerl-snacks™ and you may be tempted to eat-em-all-up.

21. It’s a closeted problem amongst wildlife rehabbers. They’ll be cuddling a baby squirrel and then suddenly the baby is too cute….and the rehabber has fur in her mouth.

22. victoreia says:

*in quavering imitation-granny voice* The better to climb trees with, my dear!

23. I do wonder what it is about this particular kind of tiny little cuteness that makes us all want to eat them up… ??

24. I want a squirrel burrito.

25. Adorable!!!!! Love that smile on Truffle’s face :) Great work with the babies Miriam. ♥♥♥

26. bob drummond says:

You’re not going 2 eat that burrito R U ?

27. so sweet! yay for foster moms and cute overload faeries!

28. Will probably snorgle the heck out of that forehead at least.

29. Siobhan says:

I used to be an orphaned squirrel rehabber. I really miss those guys sometimes. Oh the tales I could tell! (Miriam is probably nodding in agreement.) It’s almost all done by volunteers, but the work itself is the reward. There is nothing like the feeling you get watching the babies run away on the day they are released back into the world.

30. >I lurve squirlio’s, i don’t get why some people call them tree rats!
    I call them tree rats, but I mean it as a compliment ! I have 3 baby rattie boys – the youngest, Spencer, reminds me of a squirrel – he loves to climb and race around the cage. ( Aaron and Derek are a bit older, and a lot more laid back.)

31. Beautiful babies Miriam!

32. Fird Birfle says:

I LIKE that idea!!!

I’ll join the committee. Where and when shall we meet???