How Much Room Does He Need?!

There were kittens in the bed

And the little one said,

“Roll over (mew), roll over (mew) .”

So they all rolled over and

One fell out!

It’s like one of those crazy clown cars, Ant.

Comments

1. Kari Callin says:

I think that purring sound should be marketed and sold to one of those “Sleep with the help of Sounds from Nature” companies, as one of their white noise tracks. Who couldn’t fall asleep, feeling all warm and happy, to THAT?! :D

2. OMCC, the purrinks, the tiny mews, the cyoot exprashons, the leeckings! Halp, I am ded.

3. OMG this is indeed very, very dangerous! The purrs and the mews and the multi-kitten qte are keeeling me!

*DED*

4. 260Oakley says:

Would it come with a mewt button?

5. Mary (the first) says:

The “bonk” at the end! lol! The purring and the mews, has already been mentioned and I concur. But, I’m wondering, was there a mama in there somewhere or were some of them trying to nurse on their siblings? Or just burrowing?

6. Waheeda says:

I am seriously in love. Must watch again. And again. And again.

7. slaveToCat says:

Oh dear sister Mamie bring me the smelling salts I feel a spell coming on… and a glass of the recipe would sooth the nerves.

8. phred's mom says:

Oh, the floofosity! The purrambulations!
    I tried counting them, could never get
    a handle on how many there are.
    I ‘ll just have to keep coming back
    to count them. This is important,
    ya know.

9. Haha, that one in the middle was keeping everyone up! That lil’ guy will be a handful.

10. er… *two* in the middle… gets confusing with all those matching babies

11. wuyizidi says:

“Paging Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D, a component from your Purrpetual Motion Machine Powered by A Clowder of Cats just fell out.”

12. DED

13. Martha in Washington says:

If you turn it up loud, it sounds like the start of the Indy 500!
    “Gentlekittens, start your engines!”

14. Martha in Washington says:

“Waltons” FTW!!

15. skippymom says:

A. Until about halfway through I was going to suggest a Sleppy tag, but by the end I don’t think anybody was still slepping.
    B. I want a den of kittens.

16. Mamabear says:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I said: “Ooooh, ooh, I’ve got it! ‘Gentlekittys start your engines’ I better post that before it gets buried.” We CO’ers think so much alike, it’s scary.

Personally, I think someone oughtta turn this soundtrack into one of those “Ambient Sounds” CD’s (like a rainstorm or the ocean). I would SO sleep to the sound of puss’s perpetually purring.

17. This is a perfect example of why I had to keep all five from Mommacita’s last litter !

18. I Love the one at 1:26 that’s like:
    Hey dude, why you licking me?
    And the other one is like:
    What’s going on under there, let me see.

19. I understand purrrrfectly!!

20. Methinks the hoomin should give Mamacat a bigger basket to care for her brood… OMG…I want them all on my bed piled up on me. All of them.

21. Would you believe that there’s an app for that? At least on Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mizusoft.relaxandsleep

Cat purr is one of the many mixable sounds available. (It has both free and paid versions – even just the free is AWESOME.)

22. Until they all grow up. Then try having six or seven cats on the bed with you… :)

23. emmberrann says:

Hmm– we all fit in here before, who moved? Okay, you put your feet there, and you, stop sticking your nose in my armpit, it tickles! Okay, everybody just … stop wiggling, I’m napping here!

24. I think that little kitty is ready for world domination. And purring in stereo…wow.

25. Sharon Wilson says:

That one that walks up at the beginnning to check out the camera–I’LL TAKE HEEM! (reaches through the computer screen)

26. Martha in Washington says:

Ummm…see Kari Callin’s post above. Sorry! But remember…Great Minds Think Alike!!

27. Agreed! :)

28. Bauthor says:

So before the motor was invented, what did people think purring kittens sound like?

29. Fird Birfle says:

O NO YEW DI-unt, 260 :)

30. Fird Birfle says:

I want to BE INSIDE that den of kittens.

Also: even their EYEBALLS match their fuzzy grey fur !!!

31. Theresa says:

I can believe it. But a real kitty is best. Dante is the loudest purrer I’ve ever heard, but these kids have real potential. :D

32. Theresa says:

Head pops up. Head pops up over that head. Another head pops up over that head. Repeat until BONK

33. Fird Birfle says:

“these kids have real potential”.

34. Fird Birfle says:

Here ya go, emmberrann:

35. It never ceases to amaze me that the people behind the cameras do not PUT DOWN THE FREAKING camera and snorgle those kittehs with abandon. They are obviously wanting the attention, and you, camera-person are cruelly denying them.

Or perhaps, I am a wee bit jealous that I cannot snorgle those kittehs with abandon. I bet they smell like Doritos. My kittehs did at that age. YUM.

36. had on headphones listening to music. shut off music turned up kitten vid.
    oh my gosh my ears are full of purring an then a squeky meow. no pun intendted, music to my ears. so so so sleepy am i now.

37. dubyah1 says:

Like Aliens2, in a good way.

38. i did not need the caution.

and now must administer cpr upon myself becuz i am ded.

39. Space Cowgirl says:

Deep, man. Deep.

40. Theresa says:

Yoda?

41. victoreia says:

Gee, and I was just going to hold my phone to Kyuri’s throat and hit “record”……

42. victoreia says:

No kidding! I couldn’t tell if there were five, or if there were more…..

43. t-t-t-ti-neee… *thunk*

44. Is there a mama cat under all that, and is she OK?

45. Same here, Mrs.X :D I so want to snorgle those sweet little kitties and bury my face in their soft grey fur :D

46. Aw – I love the purring – my 3 furry boys are now 2 years old and we dont have as much purring going on anymore. I really miss the baby kitten burpring back rubs and neck hugs.

47. Something… Hypnotizing… About…. The…. Purring….The… Purring….

48. Tony James says:

[hrmph] Science-y bit. Few people are aware that Ferdinand Prosche, the lesser-known German automotive engineer, who actually invented the air-cooled engine before his better-known competitor, but who never succeeded in marketing it owing to being distracted by the ever-changing passels (a technical term) of stray kittens who set up home in his workshop, tuned the engine of the first Prosche 911 to the *precise* pitch of the rumbling purr of the caterfamilias who liked to doze on the exhaust vent of the workshop’s forge. His reasoning was revealed in his now sadly out-of-print biography – knowing that the noise of the internal combustion was likely to scare pedestrians and carriage-horses, he wanted to make it sound comfortable and soothing, and what could be more comfortable or soothing than the purr of a old contended tomcat?

/science-y bit

49. baseball cards in carriage wheels

50. Alice Shortcake says:

*Leaps into kitten mosh pit*

51. TOO MOISHE!!!! Vibrating mosh pit. Love how they each come investigate the camera.

52. This made the biggest headsplode mess in my house in all eternity.

I will send the clean up bill to CO, thank you.

53. The YouTube link says there are 6 kittens, and they are orphans!!
    Our 6 foster kittens were rescued by the Vancouver Orphan Kitten Rescue Assoc. (VOKRA) please visit their website (see link below) and support this great organization or an animal rescue group or no-kill shelter in your town and give an unwanted animal a good forever home.Thanks!

54. Fird Birfle says:

good try, T.U.M. :)

55. Aw, they all look like short haired versions of my Smokey (RIP), so now I’m knida sad but smiling too. I want one but in calico or marme please.

56. Try purrcast.com

57. Kery Frank says:

This should be a game…guess how many look-a-like kitties in the pile? And of course, the winner gets to snorgle with all of them! I’m guessing 6.

58. AWW :D I would give those 6 kitties a new home if I could :D I would have to talk to my brother, his male friend and our 2 cats about that :D

59. Night of a Thousand Cats:
    (I get the feeling that the producers/cast didn’t really care that much about cats)

60. Fird Birfle says:

“I think you’ll find this one’s quite …. ZAZZy :)

— Dr. Sheldon Cooper

61. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

It looked like a basket of Maggies. Before her eyes turned green, there was a short interval where they exactly matched her gray fur. :)

62. JenDeyan says:

It looks like they were just burrowing to me. They showed a shot of basket the kittens were in and it didn’t look like the momma could have fit in there without the pile being a bit bigger.

63. mplsdeb says:

ar ar ar ar ar ar….

64. That, THAT is the sound of world peace. You can’t tell me any different!

65. 6rabbits says:

I will fight you for it!

66. 6rabbits says:

Agree! :-)

67. Bazinga!

68. My sister made a recording of her cats purring, and played it the whole time she was in labor.

69. i love it! can i borrow it for the dentist?